You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Setting out the Redshite blame agenda for when the Colombian reverts to type and it's all traced back to him never being the same after the 'mistimed tackle' in the Derby.

It's like Rocky blaming Spider Rico for damaging his brain.

If his injury was that that bad he played 85 minutes and almost set up a goal with his cross. Didn't look like a player who was injured or struggling after a nasty challenge. 

12 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I always laugh at their reaction to the way our fans react and their sneering/smirking "get over it" attitude. However they flip if it happens to them and act no better than us handling things going against us. 

It's like laughing when your neighbours house gets burgled and you smugly tell them to stop moaning about it but when it happens to you its the worst thing in the world. 

To be fair, Everton fans are the best at 'getting over it'. I mean, when do you ever hear them talking about missed opportunities, past refereeing decisions or perceived injustices from their much more successful neighbours.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

To be fair, Everton fans are the best at 'getting over it'. I mean, when do you ever hear them talking about missed opportunities, past refereeing decisions or perceived injustices from their much more successful neighbours.

Yep, it always happens at the wrong time as well and details them for years.

Dave Prentice did an article about Clive Thomas last year and why they moan about him so much. Apparently they were on the brink of dominating the English game and losing to Liverpool in an FA cup semi final completely derailed them until 1984. 

This is despite them losing the semi final replay 3-0, having an average team full of very average players, finishing 9th that year and Liverpool winning the European cup 2 years on the run then followed by Nottingham Forest, us again then Aston Villa. 

They were knocked out of the UEFA cup in the second round in 1978 and the first round in 1979. Then didn't qualify again until 1985. 

But losing an FA cup semi final stopped their worldwide dominance. They really are the most deluded set of fans in the country. 

• Upvote 3

I missed a penalty in an U11 game on Scargreen in 1979, never missed one before or after. I would have been at Liverpool or AC Milan 10 years later only for that. Sure the keeper was about 15 and dived early off his line. I could have been a great. European Cups, Endorsements, shagging a Spice Girl. Cunting Oak Albion.

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I am expecting not to be able to remember the name of the VAR official in maximum 43 days, never mind 43 years.

We go on about our past, they go on about a past they never had.

It’s the year 2063, I’m 93 and my grandkids and great grandkids have invited me round to watch the game, socially distanced of course. I regale them with tales of how David Coote stopped us winning the Derby and not sending of T-Rex for a challenge that put the best defender in the World out for 8 months and was never the same player. The kids say they’ve read about it all week In the Echo on the lead up to the game. This stopped us dominating European football. We would have defo won the League and European cup that season. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yep, it always happens at the wrong time as well and details them for years.

Dave Prentice did an article about Clive Thomas last year and why they moan about him so much. Apparently they were on the brink of dominating the English game and losing to Liverpool in an FA cup semi final completely derailed them until 1984. 

This is despite them losing the semi final replay 3-0, having an average team full of very average players, finishing 9th that year and Liverpool winning the European cup 2 years on the run then followed by Nottingham Forest, us again then Aston Villa. 

They were knocked out of the UEFA cup in the second round in 1978 and the first round in 1979. Then didn't qualify again until 1985. 

But losing an FA cup semi final stopped their worldwide dominance. They really are the most deluded set of fans in the country. 

I remember than article in which Prentice also called Thomas the most power hungry and publicity seeking ref there has ever been in world football totally missing the fact that himself and the whole Everton fanbase have given him just that for over 40 years.

3 minutes ago, Tarwater said:

Surprisingly, Hames trained today and is in contention to start against Southampton... So, yeah, career defining injury there.

Yep. I was going to post something about them always going on about us being 'always the victim' but fuck it, we all know they're the biggest hypocrites there is.

Hope Southampton batter them this weekend, with an Ings hattrick. 

In the past I've learnt to ignore them and not pay them much attention really, but the derby and their reactions this last week (and it's not even just the fans - it's the players and the manager!!) - well, I hope they get relegated, build that new stadium, get into all kinds of debt and are ultimately wound up. 

• Upvote 4