You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

It could have been, yeah.  I agree there's no comparison to what happened yesterday, but we're still talking about it because they hide behind this nonsense whataboutery.

And there was no VAR then..I'm sure if there was VAR, Kuyt would have been likely sent off - although I can still see there's a potential grey area, it's just not a view I subscribe to, for me it's a red and assuming without red tinted glasses others would be more convinced than me it's red.

But I'm just not having anybody who has the slightest understanding of the laws of the game (and probably most people who don't!) could possibly watch that with the help of as many replays and angles as you want, could come to any conclusion it's anything but a red. It's just impossible. And they can't claim they didn't see it - the offside was reviewed because it's a potential penalty incident. Without the challenge from Pickford, there's no need to review the offside. So this is an incident that was being looked at, it is completely implausible to come to any other outcome as red. And if Coote managed to come to another outcome, he should be sacked on Monday because he clearly isn't even Sunday league level official. 

• Upvote 1

That 'tackle' by Dirk was worthy of a red for recklessness. I thought he was very fortunate not to get carded in that game. The only saving grace is he didnt connect with Neville, was it? That was another fractious derby and if Im right, Neville got sent off for deliberate handball from what would have been Lucas' first goal.

I dont see what reeling off past horror tackles benefits the shite's comments about yesterday though. If there's any decent blues left, they'll know their keeper was at the least reckless and crocked another player. I wouldnt be applauding pickford if he'd done that to Harry Maguire or any other team \ player Im not arsed about. Id feel the same about that challenge if it was done to one of the everton players.

That challenge was a leg breaker and it doesnt matter if 100 similar tackles like it have gone unpunished before. There's just no place for it in football.

Yeah, the red card not being given is ridiculous.  It's the same bloke who didn't send off Lo Celso wasn't it? Then they came out and said it was the wrong decision, which is quite a big move. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see/hear about him again. 

I'm not going to pretend I have a fucking clue what's going on with the offsides, where is offside, where the lines are drawn etc. They both look onside to me in the still. They need to look at this properly because it's an absolute farce at the moment. 

I didn't like VAR from the very first time I saw it in the World Cup, but even with low expectations, it's still managed to be far, far worse than I ever imagined possible. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

It clearly isn't Moise Kean.

I'd imagine he fucking despises Everton.

Whoever it was is sick, cowardly and inhuman.

I've shed many a tear, as have many others for the victims of Hillsborough and the survivors and how any normal, sane person can do something like that is beyond belief.

Some things are fair game but some things really are not, particularly using the image of a child who lost his life in horrific circumstances.

Karma can be a bitch and I really hope it finds him.

• Upvote 3

There are reds who will say they don’t want to see them go down as they would miss beating them regularly in their cup final every season. 
Not me. As a murdering red shite I would not give two fucks if we ever played them again. They are a bunch of total cunts when it comes to us. I’m including family and close friends amongst this lot. 
They play City last game of the season. As much as it’s unlikely to happen, if it meant them getting beat to go down letting city pip us for the league I wouldn’t be too upset. 

36 minutes ago, corro said:

There are reds who will say they don’t want to see them go down as they would miss beating them regularly in their cup final every season. 
Not me. As a murdering red shite I would not give two fucks if we ever played them again. They are a bunch of total cunts when it comes to us. I’m including family and close friends amongst this lot. 
They play City last game of the season. As much as it’s unlikely to happen, if it meant them getting beat to go down letting city pip us for the league I wouldn’t be too upset. 

I was with you till the end there. 

Cunts the lot of them. Remember how they cried when Son broke one of their players legs. I was expecting a partition to start to have him kicked out the country. 

I hate these cunts with a passion and hope someone one day gives that t rex cunt payback. 

Bad tackles in a derby is nothing new from either side. VAR is though and gives officials every opportunity possible to make the correct decisions. Every single man and his dog knew the correct decisions yesterday except those that had to make them. Thats the annoyance. In my opinion those decisions in the VAR room where made out of bias by David Coote. 

• Upvote 3

People forget the one where Tim Cahill nearly broke Alonso’s back. They’d been involved in a tackle in midfield and Alonso ended up with his back across Cahill’s knees and as he tried to get up Cahill was pushing him down by the neck bending his back at an unnatural angle and Alonso looked in real distress. The TV only showed it for a second and never went back to it, so nothing ever really got made of it.

Cannot be arsed with any of this whataboutery from either side on this. Look at that Pickford tackle and admit it was a shithouse tackle, it's severely injured a player and it's shite. There have been bad tackles from our lads before and I wouldn't defend or celebrate them and no Evertonian should be doing celebrating or defending Pickford.

Add in the injustice of him not getting sent off and it's tough to take.

• Upvote 2