You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

In their first 10 league fixtures this season, they'll only have played spurs, ourselves and the mancs who finished in the top 6 last season. In 3 other games, they will have played all the promoted teams and even 2 of those will be or have been at home.

All the other teams they will play in those first 10 league fixture finished 11th or lower last season. Talk about false dawns!

That seems like a very broad spread of the league to me - will give them a definite indication of where they are. 

3 hours ago, Чемпионы said:

I don't begrudge some of their fans a bit of entertainment and some victories. I mean it's been a wasteland of utter shite for most of those 25 years. Their only highlights have been our losses in cup finals or us nearly winning the league. More recently they've even taken to celebrating blueprints and computer renderings, I mean that's how bad it has got for them.

If we batter them twice and they steal points from our rivals then good luck to them, they can be as giddy as they like. 

Their new players are in for a shock though when the orcs eventually return to Goodison to boo them on. 

I have to add that now it's pretty certain that no fans will attend games until maybe even as late was March. How about their shithouse of a club return the much needed cash to their fans in one lump sum rather than in three instalments.

Their tax avoiding owner may be drinking champagne in Monaco but the fans in North Wales could do with their money back. Twat of a club that seems to not care at all about their fans. It's a disgrace they even took the whole amount as it is

I'm shocked that the usually high moral standards they hold other clubs to has not been reflected in criticism of their own club.

i honestly don't care how they're charging their fans. i don't think it is our business. they've been turning a blind eye to 60 year old fellas going on U16 tickets for years and their STs are peanuts on the pricing scale we have. good for them when they get those benefits and if there's a bit of payback now, well that's between everton and their fans. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

i honestly don't care how they're charging their fans. i don't think it is our business. they've been turning a blind eye to 60 year old fellas going on U16 tickets for years and their STs are peanuts on the pricing scale we have. good for them when they get those benefits and if there's a bit of payback now, well that's between everton and their fans. 

Ha, I'm more taking the piss at their outrage at us, although depriving 20 thousand under 16s of their cash does seem a little mean. They'll need that to pay for their dentures and bingo. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Stickman said:

Was only a matter of time ...

@Catcherintherye

For me, no fans and the chaos of lockdown has made the league more open and more interesting. It seems more competitive from top to bottom and a far better package as a result. Hopefully we get fans back soon and it's not the same on TV, but it's been a great start.

But what happened to Null and Void as football is nothing without fans? 

16 hours ago, an tha said:

Brighton at home next....4 out of 4 likely heading into the derby....

Brighton is an excellent footballing side, and on their day can cause problems for any team. They’re a bit naive in their approach, and bound to concede too much over time, but going forwards they’re brilliant at times and if a couple of their forwards have a good day they could well beat Everton. Even if the latter have had a good start and so far look improved compared to last year.

Lallana winner please. 

Not arsed either way. It would be funnier for them to go into the Derby smack full of confidence and we play them off the fucking park and put them firmly back in their place. 

...I'm secretly dreading losing to them my heads fell off..... 

I must admit that I felt some mild concern about them potentially ‘doing a Leicester’ given a good start and lack of European football, but then I remembered that Leicester won the title with 81 points and that if this team of ours falls that far in the space of a single season, something worse than simply not winning the title will have gone wrong.

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I must admit that I felt some mild concern about them potentially ‘doing a Leicester’ given a good start and lack of European football, but then I remembered that Leicester won the title with 81 points and that if this team of ours falls that far in the space of a single season, something worse than simply not winning the title will have gone wrong.

They don’t have the quality Leicester had.

Let them be over confident , we’ll spank them hard!

You’re either a WUM or else in need of some serious help, you’re off the charts mate.

What combination of bad drugs and strong cheese at bedtime could make a person fear stuff that isn't going to happen in any one of the infinite number of universes?

41 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What combination of bad drugs and strong cheese at bedtime could make a person fear stuff that isn't going to happen in any one of the infinite number of universes?

Is it universes or universii. Either way you're right. Even in the infinitesimal number of multiverses or multiversii, with that defence and little arms in goal, they'll struggle to get past 6th

Like I posted last night(?) they are on a winning streak mainly because of the teams they have played and are scheduled to play in the League. The opening day win at spurs was good on the face of it but spurs havent pulled up trees so far. They played west brom, a promoted team with 10 men for over 45 minutes. The 10 men even managed to equalise in that game.

Apart from spurs ourselves and the mancs, they arent scheduled to play any team that finished higher than 11th last season in their opening 12 games.

Winning will give them confidence and they may be able to sustain it for half the season given their early fixtures. But over 38?