You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Nah.

I'm more concerned with the impact it would have on traffic in and out of the City every matchday.  It would allow a few pubs and takeaways to spring up in the immediate vicinity of the ground, but it would fuck half the businesses in the City Centre.

It's the wrong location for a football stadium, so I'm relieved it's never getting built.

I'm not invested enough to get into an argument about it but I think it being built does a lot more good for the city and people than bad. Particularly with the dark clouds over us now and even darker Brexit ones. Sorry Mal but you should be protesting against that bike lane on West Derby Road. I go past the Belmont twice a day and not once have I seen you on the roof with your cock out. Not fucking once. 

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

To be fair though Manchester is quite possibly the ugliest city in England, horendous looking place, the Liverpool waterfront is recognised the world over.

What do manchester really approve too? More flats that nobody can afford usually. 

Liverpool should be doing stuff like subsiding business premises to try and attract startups, all it does is build student flats and apart hotels that are slowly turning the place into Blackpool on steds. There's seemingly zero vision in the council's strategic plans for the city's future beyond the tourist and student dollar, both of which will be in short supply in the next year or two I suspect.

It truly is ugly as fuck. Its a great night out to be fair but pulling into Manchester is as grim as it gets (part from Wolverhampton) 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm not invested enough to get into an argument about it but I think it being built does a lot more good for the city and people than bad. Particularly with the dark clouds over us now and even darker Brexit ones. Sorry Mal but you should be protesting against that bike lane on West Derby Road. I go past the Belmont twice a day and not once have I seen you on the roof with your cock out. Not fucking once. 

It truly is ugly as fuck. Its a great night out to be fair but pulling into Manchester is as grim as it gets (part from Wolverhampton) 

Salford quays looks nice lit up at night but that's about it, they just build and build and build narrow apartment blocks that look like they're made out of lego on any spare bit of land they can find and call the building 'ye old grain silo' or some shit and charge three grand a week for rent.

it's a customary tail as far as overdevelopment of cities go. On the rare occasion I'm there, when I'm driving home I always get Arnie's voice in my head saying "we need to get out of the city. And avoid the authorities."

13 hours ago, sir roger said:

This constant blackmail about losing Heritage status is a blight on potential progress

Yeah - I might be wrong, but I would guess Liverpool gets more tourism through the Beatles and football than through its heritage status. Whilst we need to be sympathetic to the skyline and history, that area and the city as a whole would benefit hugely from redevelopment.

I suspect I am in a minority, but I would quite like them to build a stadium there. I don't think they'll get the financing though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I've emigrated to leafy Sefton now. Tuebrook to me is like "the back streets of Naples" in "Where Do You Go To, My Lovely?"

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, M_B said:

Yeah - I might be wrong, but I would guess Liverpool gets more tourism through the Beatles and football than through its heritage status. Whilst we need to be sympathetic to the skyline and history, that area and the city as a whole would benefit hugely from redevelopment.

I suspect I am in a minority, but I would quite like them to build a stadium there. I don't think they'll get the financing though.

I'd like to see the area developed, it's a fucking mess. But that shouldn't be at the expense of everything else. It should need to get through the same process as anything else would have to do and it needs to ensure it doesn't impact and have a knock on effect. I agree with some of the posts here in the city we make it took difficult to develop stuff. 

If Everton can get through the planning process and find the funding, good on them, I hope they get it. In fact I hope in stimulates more redevelopment in the area. 

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've emigrated to leafy Sefton now. Tuebrook to me is like "the back streets of Naples" in "Where Do You Go To, My Lovely?"

"You talk like Michael Angelis

And you dance like Chippy-tits the Mayor.

Your clothes are all made by Lonsdale,

And there's dandruff and nits in you hair. Yes there are."

• Upvote 10

I don’t think the mosh has got the appetite for building this ground if they have to go it alone.

You could understand the eagerness to get on board when diamond Joe was selling this as a legacy from the commonwealth games bid that wouldn’t go unused and be a millstone round the cities neck, however, once that went tits up, the Ev should have just walked away. 

Now they’ve allowed themselves to be backed into a corner by not wanting to lose face with what went on in the past with their other failed ground moves.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they were deliberately sabotaging these planning applications knowing that their deranged fan base will look to blame anyone (us) but the club if it gets knocked back. 

Should it go ahead, then the income it produces will just about meet the interest repayments as the 50 year old scruffs won’t be giving up those child season tickets they still go on and hopefully this will be the thing that finally sinks them.

9 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Apparently Jeff Stelling has said they got loads of complaints from the loons cos they never made a

big thing of them going top for a few hours last week 

Hilarious. If you know yer 'istory, tables never used to get published until 3 games in.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I can only imagine the excitement on GOT this evening. 

I watched it all mate and they have every right to be excited. My biggest problem with them is when they make it all about us. If they just enjoy themselves without saying our "heads have fell off" (which they lost definitely haven't then fair play to them. A new keeper and centre-half / Calvert-Lewin cover and they can challenge for top 6 possibly top 4. 

Rodriguez looked top notch today. 

*If I said what I've just said about us on GOT I would be labelled a red shite and probably get banned. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched it all mate and they have every right to be excited. My biggest problem with them is when they make it all about us. If they just enjoy themselves without saying our "heads have fell off" (which they lost definitely haven't then fair play to them. A new keeper and centre-half / Calvert-Lewin cover and they can challenge for top 6 possibly top 4. 

Rodriguez looked top notch today. 

*If I said what I've just said about us on GOT I would be labelled a red shite and probably get banned. 

I had it on in the background and watched bits. I thought it wasn't much of a game and obviously the penalty is a fucking joke, but I think we'll all get them for us and against us this season. But fair fucks to them they've won 5 games on the bounce, it must be years since they've done that. But you know they won't just enjoy it and it'll all be about us.