You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The Catcher has been spreading his gospel and his disciples are lapping it up over there. Comparing Jota fee to De Bruyne’s about 5 years ago! Shall we compare the Sigirdson fee to De Bruyne. No laddie? He makes me laugh does the Catcher........

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m

They need better squad players and Jota will be happy to be a bit part player.

Thiago is a very good signing... however it changes how they set up their midfield.

Instead of 3 workhorses, they'll have 2. If they keep the high full backs, there'll have about 6 players in attack so I can see them being very susceptible for a counter.
Yes I agree with mosr of that. I just don't see it as to groundbreaking signings. £45m quid for a reserve seems very very steep to me. I means it's just under what City paid for De Bruyne.

As for Thiago, he is a very good player. Nobody has denied that. There are legitimate questions as to whether he can;
1) Handle the physicality of the PL
2) If they amend their system (which they will likely have too) they won't lose a bit from what they did previously to accomodate him
3) That he wil be an enormous upgradeon Wijnaldum who has been very consistent for them.

They are legitmate questions. Making he ticks all of those boxes. Maybe not.

They've paid over £70m to find out though, albeit spread over future years, so it's a lot of next years budget gone too

10 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

The Catcher has been spreading his gospel and his disciples are lapping it up over there. Comparing Jota fee to De Bruyne’s about 5 years ago! Shall we compare the Sigirdson fee to De Bruyne. No laddie? He makes me laugh does the Catcher........

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m

They need better squad players and Jota will be happy to be a bit part player.

Thiago is a very good signing... however it changes how they set up their midfield.

Instead of 3 workhorses, they'll have 2. If they keep the high full backs, there'll have about 6 players in attack so I can see them being very susceptible for a counter.
Yes I agree with mosr of that. I just don't see it as to groundbreaking signings. £45m quid for a reserve seems very very steep to me. I means it's just under what City paid for De Bruyne.

As for Thiago, he is a very good player. Nobody has denied that. There are legitimate questions as to whether he can;
1) Handle the physicality of the PL
2) If they amend their system (which they will likely have too) they won't lose a bit from what they did previously to accomodate him
3) That he wil be an enormous upgradeon Wijnaldum who has been very consistent for them.

They are legitmate questions. Making he ticks all of those boxes. Maybe not.

They've paid over £70m to find out though, albeit spread over future years, so it's a lot of next years budget gone too

Just under what city paid for De Bruyne. Jota is £41m and De Bruyne cost £55m.

Thought he was supposed to be good at maths or is that the Esk?

Fair play to Catcher, despite being painfully ignorant of the facts on any subject, he's managed to carve out a niche for himself as a supposedly reasoned commentator on all things related to us.

It was a bold move to deliver a SteveO level of crayon munching insanity, via the immense drag factor of a FanchesterCity masterclass in tedium, but he's made the style his own. Every time I read something he's written, I can't get mad at the biased inaccuracies, because the mental gymnastics are so impressive, and the crushing dullness of his personality has a soothing soporific effect.

I'd gladly watch him and (an unmedicated) Merro on a Netflix road trip.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Just seen the highlights, why was Mike Dean refereeing Everton in a game that wasn't a Merseyside derby? Is this all part of the plot by the redshite powers that be?

It doesnt matter, it went in their favour so they never mention anything like that. Only the things that go against them matter.

21 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

There was a great moment in the Everton commentary where they were talking about the number nine shirt and how Everton have "always" had a great nine like "Andy Gray... Dixie Dean...". It just trailed off like that...

Ha I heard that bit too.... I was walking into the kitchen as the co-commentator cant remember who it was said they've always had a proper number 9.....

Dixie Dean yes one of the greats without a doubt...

Lineker spent a year there? 

Was Andy Gray a number 9? 

Paul Rideout (Lives off a cup final goal did fuck all else of any merit for them) 

Duncan Ferguson

Kevin Campbell

Yakubu

A 58 year old Eto'o

Andy Johnson (Everton legend for scoring against us)

.... Was Rooney a number 9?

Yep I'm struggling here. 

Calvert-Lewin is as good a proper number 9 (in the old fashioned sense) as anyone in the league to be fair which means he wont be there next year. When Ferguson took over from Silva and the ball started going into the box for him he looked dangerous. Can see him hitting 25+ this year to be fair. I think he's very good. 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Ha I heard that bit too.... I was walking into the kitchen as the co-commentator cant remember who it was said they've always had a proper number 9.....

Paul Rideout (Lives off a cup final goal did fuck all else of any merit for them) 

Duncan Ferguson

Kevin Campbell

Yakubu

A 58 year old Eto'o

Yep I'm struggling here. 

Calvert-Lewin is as good a proper number 9 (in the old fashioned sense) as anyone in the league to be fair which means he wont be there next year. When Ferguson took over from Silva and the ball started going into the box for him he looked dangerous. Can see him hitting 25+ this year to be fair. I think he's very good. 

It was that fucking idiot Keown fawning over the shite pal only for the fact that I have proper BT I'd have looked for a different stream.

8 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Why did he send Bilic off? He didn't assault him, he didn't swear, he wasn't offensive! Twat of a decision!

I think it was because it was on the field of play, not in the tunnel more privately. Even though under the new restrictions for COVID he couldn’t go there. 

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Duncan Ferguson

Kevin Campbell

Yakubu

A 58 year old Eto'o

Yep I'm struggling here. 

He's got a real Darren Bent vibe in the way the ball can bounce off his arse when he's looking the other way and still go in. 

Just seen this, shared on GOT “for the redshirt lurkers”

cant imagine why she’d be covering her eyes. Must’ve been after the Thiago signing got talked about in the press more than Hamez, fucking merderin redshite bastards!

1600534401697-png.101646

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

A blue said to me yesterday in all seriousness we won't be moved from the top now. 

Kinell. OK they got a good result away at spurs but they only played 45 minutes against a full 11 of west brom and even then were losing at one stage when it was 11 v 11. They even managed to get pegged back to 2-2 by the 10 men.

Still, the fume will be a thing of beauty when they do fall back to normal!

• Like 1

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Kinell. OK they got a good result away at spurs but they only played 45 minutes against a full 11 of west brom and even then were losing at one stage when it was 11 v 11. They even managed to get pegged back to 2-2 by the 10 men.

Still, the fume will be a thing of beauty when they do fall back to normal!

How many times have we seen this, no wonder they go absolutely batshit crazy when they sink back to normality. Not sure it's a response to us winning the league and they've had to put up with us being unbearable. 

The comedown must be like what a heroin addict feels when he's had a few weeks supply then he runs out of money or his supplier goes missing. 

• Upvote 1