You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, satansmutt said:
catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Suppose its the same argument as James Rodriguez, when you have the opportunity to bring in class try to do it. But 200k a week when he is 33, is the trap Barca sleepwalked into

Yes I mean there is that. There's a few differences. I mean however good a player Thiago is, you wouldnt really put him into the same category as James, who is a cut above (which is meant as no disrespect to Thiago, but there are levels in football).

You'd also say, we are signing lads of that age because it's consistent with the manager we have and as a sign of weakness. They are- at least on the outside of it buying from a position of strength. So it's interesting they've gone down this route. You'd also have to factor that their squad is an ageing one already (top 6 for the oldest squads last season) and they don't have many in that 21-25 band coming through but lots in the 26-30 area (Alisson, VVD, Robertson, Matip, Salah, Henderson, Mane, Firmino, Wijnaldum, Fabinho etc, I'm sure I've missed a few!). He seems to add to it rather than take away from it.

You always know they pay big bonuses too. The delcared salary is often half what their salary comes too with bonuses, sometimes more so. You don't blow Chelsea and Manchetser City out of the water on wages if you're top player is only on 200k p/w. They incentivise them. In fairness it's a smart business staregy that has worked well for them. However expect Thiago's real wages with bonuses to be 400k p/w, which as you say is huge for a lad going well into his 30's, expected to play under a Klopp system in the PL.

Just thought I would post this little nugget of wisdom here for you to enjoy

I like deluded rival fans when we win stuff, it's comical, but this is actually a bit infuriating. Thiago won the Champions League last season playing brilliant football. Meanwhile James was rotting in the reserves. Like this isn't even funny, it's so wrong, it's just sad.

James is a shot in the dark that might work, Thiago is a world class player.

Got a family member working with disabled people regarding grants. An old woman needed a reclining chair, the council queried the request and it is ongoing.

Another client suffers with depression and so her husband can get some time away from her the council for the last five years have been paying for a season ticket at Goodison. Priorities.

6 hours ago, satansmutt said:
catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Suppose its the same argument as James Rodriguez, when you have the opportunity to bring in class try to do it. But 200k a week when he is 33, is the trap Barca sleepwalked into

Yes I mean there is that. There's a few differences. I mean however good a player Thiago is, you wouldnt really put him into the same category as James, who is a cut above (which is meant as no disrespect to Thiago, but there are levels in football).

You'd also say, we are signing lads of that age because it's consistent with the manager we have and as a sign of weakness. They are- at least on the outside of it buying from a position of strength. So it's interesting they've gone down this route. You'd also have to factor that their squad is an ageing one already (top 6 for the oldest squads last season) and they don't have many in that 21-25 band coming through but lots in the 26-30 area (Alisson, VVD, Robertson, Matip, Salah, Henderson, Mane, Firmino, Wijnaldum, Fabinho etc, I'm sure I've missed a few!). He seems to add to it rather than take away from it.

You always know they pay big bonuses too. The delcared salary is often half what their salary comes too with bonuses, sometimes more so. You don't blow Chelsea and Manchetser City out of the water on wages if you're top player is only on 200k p/w. They incentivise them. In fairness it's a smart business staregy that has worked well for them. However expect Thiago's real wages with bonuses to be 400k p/w, which as you say is huge for a lad going well into his 30's, expected to play under a Klopp system in the PL.

Just thought I would post this little nugget of wisdom here for you to enjoy

One Grade A prick, they listen to him like he's the Messiah.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Of course Hamez went there for his love of County Road and the scenery.

I was just about to post something also suitably sarcastic. 

We’ve signed a player who was just MOTM in the CL Final, they’ve signed somebody who has been MIA for 5/6 years. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I was just about to post something also suitably sarcastic. 

We’ve signed a player who was just MOTM in the CL Final, they’ve signed somebody who has been MIA for 5/6 years. 

I genuinely can't recall a thing Hamez has done in the last six years, even before that volley in the world cup there's not exactly a long show reel of world class moments. 

When he bounced between Porto, Monaco and then Real he was classed as a great player without doing anything amazing. As soon as he signed for Real Madrid and then got shifted off to Bayern he seems to have either been injured or missing in games for that long the managers gave up on him. 

Yet all of a sudden he's going to take the piss out of the Premier League despite it being a much more physical league than any of the ones he's played in and that he isnt that durable. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I like deluded rival fans when we win stuff, it's comical, but this is actually a bit infuriating. Thiago won the Champions League last season playing brilliant football. Meanwhile James was rotting in the reserves. Like this isn't even funny, it's so wrong, it's just sad.

James is a shot in the dark that might work, Thiago is a world class player.

Why on Earth would you find this infuriating? It's the twisted, deluded opinion of an absolute no-mark blert. His views among the sheep he bleats to on GOT may have some weight, but to anyone else, the only reasonable reaction is to laugh your bollocks off, not to get wound up in the slightest.

• Upvote 2