You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

9 hours ago, The Guest said:

Honestly I think historic England need to fuck off.  It’s not like they’re knocking down the liver buildings here.  It’s an old disused dock that’s of no interest to anyone and never will be.  It’s not going to create as many jobs as they claim it will but it will create a lot of short term construction work and people will benefit from it here.

I wondered why they were going down to Parliament months ago singing the praises of the economic benefit of it all.  It looked like they were going looking for public money but it might just have been pre-empting this.  I actually feel like it is going to be built now.  They’re spending too much time and money on it for it not to be.

I do fear for them long term with this though.  Whoever is financing it is going to want their money back and it isn’t going to be from selling the club because they’re not worth anything even with a brand new stadium.  Paying it off themselves through profit they generate will kill them off on the pitch which could just spiral.  Not one of their fans ever seems to ask any questions about any of this.  It’s just build it whatever the consequences so we’ve got some banter points on the board.

I can see the arguments on both sides, however after careful consideration......

Fuck them, 

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That sentence is devastating. 

I'll bet if you go back and check when each player was signed, the fuckwits on GOT would have been claiming they were better than their redshite equivalent.  Then within a few months reality begins to dawn that they've invested in yet another shite player.

1 hour ago, scudger99 said:

I'll bet if you go back and check when each player was signed, the fuckwits on GOT would have been claiming they were better than their redshite equivalent.  Then within a few months reality begins to dawn that they've invested in yet another shite player.

Sandro was "a beast"!

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Have they realised all these 'columbian' fans who supposedly now support the club because of james, will disappear like snow on a hot day as soon as he leaves?

Not once Everton has touched them they won’t.

52 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

I vaguely remember that one.  He might well have been a beast, I've no idea what he got up to off the pitch.  But on it, he was fucking shite.  How much did they spunk on that lemon alone ?

Think it was 5 million and he was also better than Salah / Mane/ Bobby or whoever was in decent form for us take your pick really 

20 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Think it was 5 million and he was also better than Salah / Mane/ Bobby or whoever was in decent form for us take your pick really 

We’re they crowing that in his last season in Spain, Sandro scored a similar number to Neymar?

Also forgot that Davy Klassen is better than Dennis Bergkamp. 

1 minute ago, angie said:

Refunding their fans season tickets on the drip.

CB3CD585-EAF1-4BB7-B273-DC3A840C1D63.jpeg

Made them all pay up and renew in full in the knowledge no fans would be in grounds until October at the earliest and even then, with a vastly reduced capacity.  They reckon they got 30,500 season ticket holders paying up via renewals and new applications.

They're then going to refund fans in 3 tranches, November, February and June 2021! Cheeky bastards!

28 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

We’re they crowing that in his last season in Spain, Sandro scored a similar number to Neymar?

Also forgot that Davy Klassen is better than Dennis Bergkamp. 

Yeah they were because top Spanish sides always sell world class strikers for 5 Million yeah ?