You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Financing aside, surely having a nice modern stadium down there is better than the dump it is right now? It's not like tourists are flocking to Bramley Moore to visit the historic dock like they're the pyramids. 

If this was us building it down there then historic England would be the most prestigious organisation on earth and those docks would be sacrosanct 

5 minutes ago, Red74 said:

If this was us building it down there then historic England would be the most prestigious organisation on earth and those docks would be sacrosanct 

thats so true. It would be redshite destroying the history and fabric of the city. 

All joking aside I hope it gets built. Its a mess and useless as it is.. Bramley Moore not Everton.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Has he got more instagram followers than lebron james who peddles the LFC line. We get so many super-duper points for that.

Just checked, I don't go on Instagram so was interested- Lebron has nearly 60 million, Rodriguez has 46 million. Fake Ronaldo has the most out of footballers at over 230 million- https://sportsshow.net/most-followed-footballers-on-instagram/#:~:text=At number 5 in this,him almost 46 million followers.

Thing is, the big numbers on Instagram are pretty much for individuals with glamorous lifestyles. I doubt the millions of teenage girls who follow him are going to be buying up Rodriguez shirts and Everton merchandise. Plus there's just a bit of a difference between Real Madrid and a middle-ranking English club that hasn't won anything in most of his Instagram followers' lifetimes.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

https://socceronsunday.com/article/james-rodriguez-seeks-assurances-that-everton-is-a-real-place/

James Rodriguez is reportedly seeking assurances that Everton is a real place before joining up with manager Carlo Ancelotti for a third time. The Columbian is expected to complete a medical in Spain today.

“I’m excited,” Rodriguez told Soccer on Sunday. “But obviously I want to confirm that Everton is a real place before signing a contract. When I google ‘Everton’, it says the club is in Liverpool. That makes no sense — how can one club be inside another? Sounds fucked up and a bit sexual, if I’m honest.”

“I had never heard of Everton until Carlos WhatsApp’d,” said the midfielder. “My first reaction was, ‘He’s been at the crack pipe again and is making up words’. But it turns out that Everton is a real club. I was amazed.”

“I have no idea how to get there though,” added Rodriguez. “Possibly nobody does.”

The last line killed me. 

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Just checked, I don't go on Instagram so was interested- Lebron has nearly 60 million, Rodriguez has 46 million. Fake Ronaldo has the most out of footballers at over 230 million- https://sportsshow.net/most-followed-footballers-on-instagram/#:~:text=At number 5 in this,him almost 46 million followers.

Thing is, the big numbers on Instagram are pretty much for individuals with glamorous lifestyles. I doubt the millions of teenage girls who follow him are going to be buying up Rodriguez shirts and Everton merchandise. Plus there's just a bit of a difference between Real Madrid and a middle-ranking English club that hasn't won anything in most of his Instagram followers' lifetimes.

You don't have to have the most Instagram followers to have the most Instagram followers. But he has the most Instagram followers.

• Upvote 2

Evertonian's are that desperate they will cling onto any positive and that includes things off the pitch. 

"I see we've signed that Nicky Clarke."

"He's an hairdresser mate."

"He could do a better short, back and sides than any of your redshite players."

• Upvote 1

There’s an article below that states 22 of our 35 players are asthmatic, 5 times higher than the UK's 12% average. Having all these asthmatics enables our players to legally take PEDs. Obviously, in GOT world, this is irrefutable evidence that we were drugged up and the reason Buvac left because he didn’t agree with Klopp on it. 

http://backpagefootball.com/why-liverpool-wont-win-the-premier-league-this-season/126313/

BluePeadar

BluePeadar

Player Valuation: £10m
At last the truth is starting to leak out.
They won't be the only club doing it but they have certainly taken to the max.
The media should be absolutely all over this - but as we know there will not
be a squeak. At least we know now. They have drugged their way to the two trophies
they have recently won. Cheats of the highest order.

Its gaining momentum big time. It is hard to suppress the massive wishful thinking here but if this starts to get going they could be tarnished

it’s getting swept under the carpet by the ‘Powers that be’..........

Apart from one article and one Twitter feed, I haven't seen much else. Like the story about them hacking City's computers, it'll all be swept under the carpet and forgotten about in a few weeks.

If a surprising amount are "hypothroid" too, then thyroxine will give you a cover for metabolism enhancing recovery drugs. Note it mentions that the "brains" of the lfc operation had a fall out with herr klopp, before they started this lung busting run in the league a few years back?

49 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

There’s an article below that states 22 of our 35 players are asthmatic, 5 times higher than the UK's 12% average. Having all these asthmatics enables our players to legally take PEDs. Obviously, in GOT world, this is irrefutable evidence that we were drugged up and the reason Buvac left because he didn’t agree with Klopp on it. 

http://backpagefootball.com/why-liverpool-wont-win-the-premier-league-this-season/126313/

BluePeadar

BluePeadar

Player Valuation: £10m
At last the truth is starting to leak out.
They won't be the only club doing it but they have certainly taken to the max.
The media should be absolutely all over this - but as we know there will not
be a squeak. At least we know now. They have drugged their way to the two trophies
they have recently won. Cheats of the highest order.

Its gaining momentum big time. It is hard to suppress the massive wishful thinking here but if this starts to get going they could be tarnished

it’s getting swept under the carpet by the ‘Powers that be’..........

Apart from one article and one Twitter feed, I haven't seen much else. Like the story about them hacking City's computers, it'll all be swept under the carpet and forgotten about in a few weeks.

If a surprising amount are "hypothroid" too, then thyroxine will give you a cover for metabolism enhancing recovery drugs. Note it mentions that the "brains" of the lfc operation had a fall out with herr klopp, before they started this lung busting run in the league a few years back?

Some cunt should have told Sako that he didnt need that fat burning supplement which contributed to him being shipped out of the club. All he had to do was drink gallons of caffiene!

There’s no doubt at all that signings like Allan and Rodriguez make them better, but they’re so far away from the talent of the clubs above them, it doesn’t make them better enough to be relevant. 

are they now better than Sheffield United? Yeah. Wolves? Maybe, soldiering they’ve lost a player or two. Anyone else near the top? No. And not even close.

39 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

There’s no doubt at all that signings like Allan and Rodriguez make them better, but they’re so far away from the talent of the clubs above them, it doesn’t make them better enough to be relevant. 

are they now better than Sheffield United? Yeah. Wolves? Maybe, soldiering they’ve lost a player or two. Anyone else near the top? No. And not even close.

here’s an early call. The new Everton signings won’t actually make them better and they’ll end up mid table like they always do.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

here’s an early call. The new Everton signings won’t actually make them better and they’ll end up mid table like they always do.

They’ve still got an awful goalie and a shit, slow defence, so you might be right. But I think they’ll finish around 8th like they always used to do.

Signing a player who's just made a name for themselves in a tournament is always fraught with caution, as we well know.

However signing a player who made a name for themselves in a tournament all of 6 years ago and has done fuck all since to live up to the hype, that's a different kettle of fish. Real Madrid bought him off the back of that because he was a bright new thing and they wanted to be the ones who bagged him. And they did, because they could. Has he repaid their faith in him, has he lived up to the promise he showed which sparked their determination to get him?

He's never had a decent season, let alone a standout one since that World Cup. I can't help but think his model looks play a huge part in the hype and the amount of social media followers he's got. If he was just a plain looking Joe Schmoe, nobody would cast him a second look, and his few 'moments' in the 2014 would be long forgotten about.

Once again, they're buying into a myth that buying players who are unwanted at clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid means they're buying better players than others, especially us. When will they realise that if these players were still Real/Barca standard, if they ever were, those clubs would not be letting them go. They're happy to have a bottom-feeder club like the Bloos to take them off their hands.

• Upvote 5