You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

They seriously believe this shit is representative of his status as a sort of transcendent global icon. Bigger than Ferrari and Man Utd, too.

The guy was humongous 5 years ago but he's now pretty much irrelevant in the general football world (I mean, he's signing for fucking Everton). And I'm sure he's still big in South America but most of his followers are probably women who pleasure themselves to his Insta. 

Amber is fossilized tree resin that has been appreciated for its color and natural beauty since Neolithic times. Much valued from antiquity to the present as a gemstone, amber is made into a variety of decorative objects. Amber is used in jewelry. It has also been used as a healing agent in folk medicine.

There are five classes of amber, defined on the basis of their chemical constituents. Because it originates as a soft, sticky tree resin, amber sometimes contains animal and plant material as inclusions. Amber occurring in coal seams is also called resinite, and the term ambrite is applied to that found specifically within New Zealand coal seams.

• Upvote 3

Here comes the “science” bit....

Some believe Amber is a powerful healer and cleanser of the body, mind and spirit.  It also cleanses the environment. It draws disease from the body, healing and renewing the nervous system and balancing the right and left parts of the brain.  It absorbs pain and negative energy, helping to alleviate stress. Clears depression, stimulates the intellect and promotes self-confidence, creative self-expression and encourages decision-making, spontaneity and brings wisdom, balance and patience.

Amber opens the throat centre, treating goiters and other throat problems.  It also treats stomach, spleen, kidneys, bladder, liver and gallbladder.  Amber strengthens the mucus membranes and alleviates joint problems. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

It would be referred to Jenrick as MHCLG oversees planning decisions. While HE are under DCMS it gets referred elsewhere 

Bung him Or the Tory party a few quid like Dirty Desmond, you’ll be fine. If you read the planning press.

EH asking for call in is a quite a serious matter and no doubt they must believe the harm is Substantial and basically a destruction of the heritage asset. Either that or the public interest is so wide.

Either way if the SOS does request referral I think they can add 3 months to the decision period minimum. Mostly likely more if he decides he wants to recover it as it will end up at a Public Inquiry. 

And the SoS does not have a formal timescale so it’s at his pleasure.

The view from GOT 

Don't be fooled by the Historic England Cover. It will be bitter RS fans behind this, have no doubt. They get everywhere. Any and every possible avenue to try and get it blocked.

• Upvote 1

https://socceronsunday.com/article/james-rodriguez-seeks-assurances-that-everton-is-a-real-place/

James Rodriguez is reportedly seeking assurances that Everton is a real place before joining up with manager Carlo Ancelotti for a third time. The Columbian is expected to complete a medical in Spain today.

“I’m excited,” Rodriguez told Soccer on Sunday. “But obviously I want to confirm that Everton is a real place before signing a contract. When I google ‘Everton’, it says the club is in Liverpool. That makes no sense — how can one club be inside another? Sounds fucked up and a bit sexual, if I’m honest.”

“I had never heard of Everton until Carlos WhatsApp’d,” said the midfielder. “My first reaction was, ‘He’s been at the crack pipe again and is making up words’. But it turns out that Everton is a real club. I was amazed.”

“I have no idea how to get there though,” added Rodriguez. “Possibly nobody does.”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Financing aside, surely having a nice modern stadium down there is better than the dump it is right now? It's not like tourists are flocking to Bramley Moore to visit the historic dock like they're the pyramids. 

Ifithadnebinpharaoh.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Financing aside, surely having a nice modern stadium down there is better than the dump it is right now? It's not like tourists are flocking to Bramley Moore to visit the historic dock like they're the pyramids. 

Yeah. I want them to build it if they pay for it themselves. I dont get the historic site shite its a dump and smells of poo. Better a nice stadium thats filled with shite so there's something to associate the smell with.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Im not sure. It stinks of heavy crude oil and the shit farm on the best of days. It is bizarre to me why anyone would build a footie stadium there, it's not like it is close to anything of interest. Like Ive said, Ive seen burnt out range rovers down there, it isnt the best of areas.

I could have understood them moving Kings Dock which was more central and nearer other attractions. If the Games bid hadnt centred on BMD, would they really have selected that as the best site? Im not sure and Im guessing there's a bit of face saving going on with them wanting to still use the site.