You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

32 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

But we've been told clubs are broke due to covid so surely these signings won't be happening. I fully expect the echo to be tweeting that Everton are perplexed at stores of them signing players due to the impact of covid on them

Everton who have a total revenue of 188m and spent 160m of that on wages....

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

Everton who have a total revenue of 188m and spent 160m of that on wages....

The likes of Bolasie, Bernard, Moise Kean, Sigurdsson, Walcott, iwobi, Pickford etc aren't going to give up their big wages to go elsewhere. Weirdly Bernard is their highest earner. The three new players will all be on a decent wage as well. 

Bolassie is on 75 grand a week according to my blue mate. He will see his contract out rather than play in Greece, Portugal or Belgium for about a tenth of that. 

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The likes of Bolasie, Bernard, Moise Kean, Sigurdsson, Walcott, iwobi, Pickford etc aren't going to give up their big wages to go elsewhere. Weirdly Bernard is their highest earner. The three new players will all be on a decent wage as well. 

Bolassie is on 75 grand a week according to my blue mate. He will see his contract out rather than play in Greece, Portugal or Belgium for about a tenth of that. 

Looking at their finances they should be absolutely broke

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I suspect we throw in agent fees, plus salaries of all none playing staff - including ticket office, club shop etc. But if we think the players are on the following types of wages, a bit rough and ready I know

3 players on ~200k = 30m

3 players on ~175k = 26m

5 players on ~150k = 37.5m

10 players on ~125k = 62.5m

5 players on ~100k = 25m

Our accounts are publicly available.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/financial-information

We spent a fraction under £310 million on wages last year, which is an increase of 45 million on the year before.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

It will catch up with them.

Has to.

Hopefully, just don't know how they havent dropped like a stone the way they've operated the last few years. 

They are the only club I've ever heard of paying about 3 managers at once and buying so many rejects from bigger clubs that have failed to contribute anything. 

Just now, M_B said:

Our accounts are publicly available.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/financial-information

We spent a fraction under £310 million on wages last year, which is an increase of 45 million on the year before.

Yeah I know, but it doesn't break down what it classifies as wages and the closest you get to that is the mention of the highest earning director and his salary (which doesn't count in the payroll anyway). This is the point. Nobody is disputing our accounts mention wages cost us 310m. What every one is disputing is how the fuck are we spending that much on wages. So what other costs are going under wages? There's such a thing as creative accounting, pretty much every business employs it. We want to tell a story our wages are at 310m, that's why our accounts say that..equally, city despite having probably 10 players earning more than our highest earner will submit audited accounts that claim they're paying roughly the same (315m iirc). 

So if you stop and think about our squad, take a look at what seem is established information about some of the players salaries (for instance Salah is our top earner at 10m per year) then try to work out a way to get to 310m. Now we do include pensions and NI in that number, so the actual figure is 276m, but the point remains. It seems pretty difficult to believe 276m goes out of the door on salaries alone. 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Hopefully, just don't know how they havent dropped like a stone the way they've operated the last few years. 

They are the only club I've ever heard of paying about 3 managers at once and buying so many rejects from bigger clubs that have failed to contribute anything. 

I always used to think them being fucked was not good as bad for the city, so always thought just let them be ok, but no threat to us.

Now though i just think fuck them....their financial situation is totally unsustainable, although it could be argued they might be perfect for a money take over job ala the cheats -could  be bought dead cheap.

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

I always used to think them being fucked was not good as bad for the city, so always thought just let them be ok, but no threat to us.

Now though i just think fuck them....their financial situation is totally unsustainable, although it could be argued they might be perfect for a money take over job ala the cheats -could  be bought dead cheap.

I think Moshiri has loaned them about £350m and they have to move ground. If the stadium is going to happen it will be about £550m so that is a big commitment.

Evertonians always moan about us being spawny but they've avoided relegation a few times, the years that they are completely shite there's always 3 more appalling sides than them who tale up the relegation spots. Whenever they sack a manager they have a mini run just after it to make themselves safe. 

No matter what they do it how hard they try to fuck everything up with bad decisions they always survive, they've managed to get some fella stupid enough to piss away millions on them, got the council to pay for a training ground and somehow managed to get Ancelotti when the level of manager they should have is Pardew or Allardyce. 

Their ground should have fallen to bits years ago and failed a safety certificate.

• Upvote 1