You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

49 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

Keep seeing this figure of £310m  on our wages but that's got to be wrong. Most of the 1st team are probably on less than £80k

Sounds about right to me and as a % of what we bring in is broadly in line with our rivals/is actually one of the lower %'s

48 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

James is a good move for them. He'll single handedly raise the club's profile, will score a few 40 yard blooters throughout the season and sell lots of shirts. 

25m and 150k wages is a lot, for them, but they've identified they have no midfield and look to be moving on it. 

Too 7 finish IMO 

How's that for an early call? Wolves must be shitting themselves 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Usmanov or anyone else could buy into the club but equally they'd end up with usmanov or a.n.other taking up some inflated 'sponsorship' deal. After all, city have got away with that.

Having already done that with the training ground I’m not sure there’s much room for a small provincial club to go further....

10 hours ago, ManéMan said:

Keep seeing this figure of £310m  on our wages but that's got to be wrong. Most of the 1st team are probably on less than £80k

Seen an fsg out argument on twitter the other day about our wages. Apparently the first team staff and players wage bill comes in at £170m. We can’t be employing that many people to make up an extra £140m. Where’s it going? 

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

Seen an fsg out argument on twitter the other day about our wages. Apparently the first team staff and players wage bill comes in at £170m. We can’t be employing that many people to make up an extra £140m. Where’s it going? 

First 7 words is all it took.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I suspect we throw in agent fees, plus salaries of all none playing staff - including ticket office, club shop etc. But if we think the players are on the following types of wages, a bit rough and ready I know

3 players on ~200k = 30m

3 players on ~175k = 26m

5 players on ~150k = 37.5m

10 players on ~125k = 62.5m

5 players on ~100k = 25m

So that would be a 26 man squad with everyone on at least 100k each and it is pretty widely reported Salah is our top earner on 200k and it was leaked recently origi even on his new contract earns 45k, so I think those above figures are more than fair, in fact I've likely grossly over estimated. So that wage bill would make £181m - and do we really pay 26 players over 100k per week? 

It seems a pretty big stretch that the rest of our wage bill is still over another 100m considering I think we have around 400 employees. 

This is the thing about accounts, they show you what they want you to see. It's whatever we choose to class as wages - could it even include player amortisation? Looking at those numbers I suspect it could, although it would seem a stretch they could claim that. The site below says our last accounts show player amortisation at £111m - which makes quite a convenient fit to my numbers perhaps too convenient. 

https://financialfootballnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/financialfootballnews.com/liverpool-fcs-2019-finances-six-times/amp/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15990353457517&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Ffinancialfootballnews.com%2Fliverpool-fcs-2019-finances-six-times%2F

All in all though, it would seem incredible we've a wage bill of £310m - if we are paying that, it would feel to me we must have a number of players earning 300k per week plus. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I suspect we throw in agent fees, plus salaries of all none playing staff - including ticket office, club shop etc. But if we think the players are on the following types of wages, a bit rough and ready I know

3 players on ~200k = 30m

3 players on ~175k = 26m

5 players on ~150k = 37.5m

10 players on ~125k = 62.5m

5 players on ~100k = 25m

So that would be a 26 man squad with everyone on at least 100k each and it is pretty widely reported Salah is our top earner on 200k and it was leaked recently origi even on his new contract earns 45k, so I think those above figures are more than fair, in fact I've likely grossly over estimated. So that wage bill would make £181m - and do we really pay 26 players over 100k per week? 

It seems a pretty big stretch that the rest of our wage bill is still over another 100m considering I think we have around 400 employees. 

This is the thing about accounts, they show you what they want you to see. It's whatever we choose to class as wages - could it even include player amortisation? Looking at those numbers I suspect it could, although it would seem a stretch they could claim that. The site below says our last accounts show player amortisation at £111m - which makes quite a convenient fit to my numbers perhaps too convenient. 

https://financialfootballnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/financialfootballnews.com/liverpool-fcs-2019-finances-six-times/amp/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15990353457517&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Ffinancialfootballnews.com%2Fliverpool-fcs-2019-finances-six-times%2F

All in all though, it would seem incredible we've a wage bill of £310m - if we are paying that, it would feel to me we must have a number of players earning 300k per week plus. 

Do they include bonuses? Goals, assists, clean sheets, appearance fees, competition win bonus etc I reckon that’s how we stay competitive on salary by offering large amounts there. Considering what we have won and the number of games we have played that would quickly pad out the base salaries it’s prob still enough for 300m though. How much are we paying our directors etc?

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Having already done that with the training ground I’m not sure there’s much room for a small provincial club to go further....

Well he's already slapped down £30m just to be first in the queue when it comes to naming rights for this unicorn stadium.

Whichever way you cut it, it is creative accounting at the very least. And if the PL allow it, gives even more leeway. Not sure if the PL \ FA have made a decision on it or are still 'investigating.'

39 minutes ago, aws said:

They have this strange idea that buying players who aren't cutting it at a big club will make them a big club. 

Yeah, James is still a talented player, but do they not understand that the fact he's going to them means his career has really hit a low point? It's a bad reflection on him that he's going there, it's not a good reflection on them that they're signing him. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Special K said:

One of my bloo mates has just compared Rodriguez to City signing Robinho. Putting down a marker and putting Everton on the map

I almost had a coronary trying not to laugh in his face

Do you know what, if they weren't such bellends you'd be genuinely happy for them to be excited about a signing but they can never accept it as just that. It always has to be the best ever, better than ours, a statement, lad, or causing us to lose connection to our heads. Must be horrible to feel the need to act like that.

49 minutes ago, Pete said:

Does Rodriguez know he’s signing for Everton in the City of Liverpool and not Liverpool FC? 

I wondered if they'd blurred the lines a little, using the "lost in translation" line by telling him he'd be playing IN Liverpool, not actually FOR Liverpool.

He's in for a shock when he see their shack.

Truffles and Caviar? Brilliant. 

You mean a luxury item that went out of date 6 years ago and despite Harrods best attempts to get shot of it, it’s been hanging around the back of the fridge festering like something in Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares and they are only people daft enough to still order it?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4