You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

There’s still nothing on how they are paying for the stadium.  Again though why would they spend even more money redoing designs if it wasn’t getting built.  Another couple of stories in the papers about how the build is essential for the local economy which stinks of trying to get public money again.

The thing that seems to have slipped under the radar is the fact they’ve got rid of the car park.  Even with the car park being there you would still have thousands but now 50000 people walking from town to the ground.  I’ve worked by the river front before and for 6 months of the football season it’s bitterly cold and constantly blowing gale force winds.  It’s not going to be pretty on those midweek evening fixtures.

I’m actually disappointed it’s been delayed again because I want to actually see what the fuck is going on.  500m is not going to added to the value of the club when it’s built and Everton alone will not be able to repay it without relegating themselves at some point.

6 minutes ago, The Guest said:

There’s still nothing on how they are paying for the stadium.  Again though why would they spend even more money redoing designs if it wasn’t getting built.  Another couple of stories in the papers about how the build is essential for the local economy which stinks of trying to get public money again.

The thing that seems to have slipped under the radar is the fact they’ve got rid of the car park.  Even with the car park being there you would still have thousands but now 50000 people walking from town to the ground.  I’ve worked by the river front before and for 6 months of the football season it’s bitterly cold and constantly blowing gale force winds.  It’s not going to be pretty on those midweek evening fixtures.

I’m actually disappointed it’s been delayed again because I want to actually see what the fuck is going on.  500m is not going to added to the value of the club when it’s built and Everton alone will not be able to repay it without relegating themselves at some point.

I read it was the council planning department who wanted these recent changes so it was a question of having to do it if they hold out hope of getting full planning permission.

Just why the council wanted a 'viewing terrace' facing the river for a stadium design, goodness knows. Unless of course, the council wants the stadium to incorporate their vision and ideas if they are going to stump up a huge sum of money for or towards it.

If the car parking has been removed, it begs the question just where are the crowd going to park? There's fuck all 'spare' parking down there and anyone who parks on the surrounding roads, does so at their own risk. Ive seen burnt out Rangies down there so anyone with a decent set of wheels would surely think twice.

Yeah, we all know everton fans live local so could walk the ground or jump the bus. The reality is somewhat different.

I think there's little doubt they'll get their planning permission. I still very much doubt they'll find a working solution to fund the building unless the dream ticket of Usmanov stumps up or, we, through the council end up susidising it.

To be honest, I thought it smacks of the 1st steps of being able to walk away. We love the ground, the consultation process loved the ground but other nasty people saying it will damage world heritage etc - conveniently forgetting these people are part of said consultation process. Then they make some changes which still get complained about and they get to walk away saying more changes make it financially unviable, even though they've no money to pay for it anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I actually think it will get built, it will be financed by public money though.

Starting to think the same way the longer it drags on.  They've had plenty of chances recently to use as an excuse for knocking it on the head. Getting to the point where they suuurely know something we don't.

4 hours ago, The Guest said:

I’ve worked by the river front before and for 6 months of the football season it’s bitterly cold and constantly blowing gale force winds.  It’s not going to be pretty on those midweek evening fixtures.

This, even by the town hall on a summer's day it's fuckin freezing.

5 hours ago, The Guest said:

I posted a question on Twitter last year (tagging in GOT, WSAG, etc) asking whether any of them were worried about climate change leading to more severe and more frequent storms (a process which has already started and is expected to accelerate in the next couple of decades), leading to more cancellations in such a vulnerable location, leading to fixture congestion every year, meaning it will be harder for them to win anything. 

I got one response. 

From a climate change denier.

• Upvote 1

I used to walk back up to town on my lunch from princes parade area and honestly some days it felt like I was walking into a wall it was that windy.  The days it rained were horrific.  It makes you wonder how much of that wind will get to pitch level as well.  It might sound daft but if it does then it will effect the type of football they can play.  How many accidents and worse are there going to be outside the ground?

English Heritage are objecting to the stadium being built, obviously they want it to be a barren wasteland instead. Pity they never get involved in any other buildings in Liverpool falling to bits or oppose utter shite like the crap that was built at Lime Street whilst knocking the old futurist cinema down.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

English Heritage are objecting to the stadium being built, obviously they want it to be a barren wasteland instead. Pity they never get involved in any other buildings in Liverpool falling to bits or oppose utter shite like the crap that was built at Lime Street whilst knocking the old futurist cinema down.

Exactly mate. Fucking old manor houses and all sorts of grandeur falling apart and they're nowhere to be seen. The "Welsh cathedral" on Princes Avenue being one example.

(Not that I'm linking Everton to the Welsh or saying their new stadium will be something of a cathedral for them). 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Exactly mate. Fucking old manor houses and all sorts of grandeur falling apart and they're nowhere to be seen. The "Welsh cathedral" on Princes Avenue being one example.

(Not that I'm linking Everton to the Welsh or saying their new stadium will be something of a cathedral for them). 

They just love being controversial, when Cesar Pelli who designed the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur put forward a design for the building opposite the Hilton in Liverpool One, they all got involved.

Basically these cunts told a world famous architect to cut his design in half because they just didn't like it. They basically restrict Liverpool whenever anything ambitious and over 30 floors gets put forward. But if someone builds a 60 floor cheese grater and Gherkin near the tower of London that's ok. 

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I actually think it will get built, it will be financed by public money though.

liverpool city council have no money, they can't finance it. so unless the government improve the terms of finance through the council, it would be impossible imo. and fucking rightly so. 

44 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Can't work out if that's a kind gesture, or they're just getting rid of stock they can't flog and avoiding waste disposal costs. 

well it looks like umbro stuff doesn't it? 

40 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

that stuff by lime street is a fucking disgrace. but i think english heritage get involved because it's a waterfront project and might put the unesco this at risk. and by the way so they should. just because they can't/won't get involved elsewhere in the city, doesn't mean they should neglect their duties here. everton should be subject to the same scrutiny as anyone else building along the river there.  

• Upvote 1