You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

It's on! Head fell off around 6.00 this morning.

EfPXV1kWkAAcsx5.jpeg

Then the discussion turned to how to deal with the awful smell of shit, one person suggests issuing the sewerage workers with masks on match days. 

Seriously though, if their owner has managed to secure the investors required to go ahead with the stadium, despite covid, uncertainty everywhere and the recession. That IMO is quite the achievement and well done to them. 

If they think a new stadium will automatically transform them in to a big team and attract world class players, then there are a few championship teams that want a word with them. They've needed a new stadium for a long time and if it makes them feel a bit better about themselves, good for them.

They cannot crow about trophies so a trophy stadium is probably the next best thing. If it reduces the vile chants and bile thrown our way by just a tiny amount I welcome it. 

Edited by Чемпионы
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Чемпионы said:

Then the discussion turned to how to deal with the awful smell of shit, one person suggests issuing the sewerage workers with masks on match days. 

Seriously though, if their owner has managed to secure the investors required to go ahead with the stadium, despite covid, uncertainty everywhere and the recession. That IMO is quite the achievement and well done to them. 

If they think a new stadium will automatically transform them in to a big team and attract world class players, then there are a few championship teams that want a word with them. They've needed a new stadium for a long time and if it makes them feel a bit better about themselves, good for them.

They cannot crow about trophies so a trophy stadium is probably the next best thing. If it reduces the vile chants and bile thrown our way by just a tiny amount I welcome it. 

New stadiums + Average teams = Relegation. 

I like it.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

New stadiums + Average teams = Relegation. 

I like it.

The premier league teams with new stadiums in the last 20 years.

Progressed:

Brighton 

Man City* 

Leicester

Went backwards:

Arsenal

Southampton 

West Ham

No impact yet:

Spurs

By the very nature they are in the championship it's fair to assign backwards to this lot:

Derby

Stoke

Middlesbrough 

Wigan 

Hull

Sunderland

Reading, Cardiff and Swansea are debatable which direction their stadiums sent them.

* no need to explain reasons behind the *

It's not a great list to be hanging your hopes on. Brighton progressed because there was no backwards from where they were heading. Only Leicester can be pointed too as a beacon of hope.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, No2 said:

The premier league teams with new stadiums in the last 20 years.

Progressed:

Brighton 

Man City* 

Leicester

Went backwards:

Arsenal

Southampton 

West Ham

No impact yet:

Spurs

By the very nature they are in the championship it's fair to assign backwards to this lot:

Derby

Stoke

Middlesbrough 

Wigan 

Hull

Sunderland

Reading, Cardiff and Swansea are debatable which direction their stadiums sent them.

* no need to explain reasons behind the *

It's not a great list to be hanging your hopes on. Brighton progressed because there was no backwards from where they were heading. Only Leicester can be pointed too as a beacon of hope.

Leicester are indeed a beacon of hope. They started building a stadium, doing so helped take them down and they played their opening season in the tier below the top flight. They then went into administration within weeks of the season starting! While immediately returning to the top flight, they were in the 3rd tier of english football within 6 years of opening the stadium.

Only multiple changes of ownership turned them around, it has nothing to do with their crisp bowl. 

5 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

It's on! Head fell off around 6.00 this morning.

EfPXV1kWkAAcsx5.jpeg

"Right lads, buckets are over there. Now get bailin'."

*murmurs of discontent, apart from one lone voice*

"We're getting Bale in?"

*logs into GOT to post the exclusive*

"Redshite heads will fall off now we're all systems go with BMD. Oh, and Gareth Bale is coming. What a statement signing from Mosh and Uncle Uzzy! This is a guy who has won it all with Real Madrid, and he knows how to batter der redshite. And he'll continue to batter der redshite in the best stadium in the world, on the banks of the royal blue Mersey! #seniorclub #nopeds COYB NSNO"

Bale Sat On His Arse In Madrid Nisi Hole In My Bucket Dear Liza.

• Upvote 3

Well this idiot is behind it ; This is the development that will unleash the clubs potential.
The wonderful Goodison Park has been holding us back. I love the place: but this new stadium is what is needed. It will be iconic, it will generate revenue and it will make selling the club to new recruits much easier.

Reactions:GwladysBlue and Toffeelover

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

Leicester are indeed a beacon of hope. They started building a stadium, doing so helped take them down and they played their opening season in the tier below the top flight. They then went into administration within weeks of the season starting! While immediately returning to the top flight, they were in the 3rd tier of english football within 6 years of opening the stadium.

Only multiple changes of ownership turned them around, it has nothing to do with their crisp bowl. 

Jesus I don't remember any of that. Leicester never featured too high in my consciousness. 

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

"Right lads, buckets are over there. Now get bailin'."

*murmurs of discontent, apart from one lone voice*

"We're getting Bale in?"

*logs into GOT to post the exclusive*

"Redshite heads will fall off now we're all systems go with BMD. Oh, and Gareth Bale is coming. What a statement signing from Mosh and Uncle Uzzy! This is a guy who has won it all with Real Madrid, and he knows how to batter der redshite. And he'll continue to batter der redshite in the best stadium in the world, on the banks of the royal blue Mersey! #seniorclub #nopeds COYB NSNO"

Bale Sat On His Arse In Madrid Nisi Hole In My Bucket Dear Liza.

Similar situation when one of them went off to get a ham bap. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, No2 said:

Jesus I don't remember any of that. Leicester never featured too high in my consciousness. 

Haha. They even had Gary linekar putting together a consortium at one point, I can't remember if they managed to get it. And they also had that chancer who was at Portsmouth and sheff wed (manderic?). Anyway, I think we can all agree building a ground brings as many if not more problems than it starts. 

8 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

All gums blazing over on GOT as some are now questioning if DaveK is even a real blue as he thinks the stadium isn't happening. 

Just seen that.  I love the stadium thread over there.  He’s got to be the strangest character on the as well.  He’s as bitter as they come when it relates to Liverpool but he generally sees right through all their blue tinted specs stuff.