You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

They don't ask for much on GOT.

I think we'll give up on the CB hunt if Gabriel decides to go elsewhere.

Personally I'd be looking at:

• Allan - £20m.
    • It makes too much sense now. He's out of favour in Naples, Carlo knows him and he has everything we miss in midfield (aggression, ball retention, tackling). He's not going to get 10 assists, but someone who can win then keep the ball in midfield would be a game changer for us. If we can get him on a 3 year deal for £20m, the lack of resale value isn't a big deal.
  • Bailey - £25m.
    • Despite having a bit of an off season he's still highly rated and turned 23 today. If the rumours are true that he's available for £25m we should be all over it. He's lightning quick, direct and tricky. The perfect kind of purchase for us as one decent season doubles his value. Wages wouldn't be cheap as he's supposedly on 75k pw at Bayer.
  • James Rodriguez - loan £6m fee (Bayern paid £12m for 2 seasons).
    • One year left on a massive contract and just turned 29. I can't see any clubs coming in for a big fee so it'll probably be a loan. Carlo absolutely loves him and he loves Carlo. The hype around him signing alone is worth every penny and it'll show our current players, and football generally that we're serious. Absolute magic and would make things happen in the attack.
  • At right back Celik (£20m) would be brilliant. I watched most of Lille's games last season (less this season, but he's looked just as good) and he has a bit of everything.
    • For a cheaper option Centonze from Metz was solid all season and is only 24 - could be worth going for if we want to spend money elsewhere.
  • If we do decide to shift one of Mina or Keane, and can't get Gabriel in, we should be going for Thiago Silva on a free transfer with a 2 year deal @ £150k pw.
    • Another one of Carlo's favourites, huge experience and still a top footballer despite his age.

No idea on left back. Wouldn't be surprised if we promote Niels and hope for the best lol.

Looking at the above we'd be looking at a total outlay of approx £70m (a chunk offset with the sale of Mina or Keane who I assume would fetch £20m+ themselves), and a sizeable increase of wages (hopefully offset when we manage to scam clubs into taking some of our terrible high earners).

24 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

• Allan - £20m.
    • It makes too much sense now. He's out of favour in Naples, Carlo knows him and he has everything we miss in midfield (aggression, ball retention, tackling). He's not going to get 10 assists, but someone who can win then keep the ball in midfield would be a game changer for us. If we can get him on a 3 year deal for £20m, the lack of resale value isn't a big deal.
  • Bailey - £25m.
    • Despite having a bit of an off season he's still highly rated and turned 23 today. If the rumours are true that he's available for £25m we should be all over it. He's lightning quick, direct and tricky. The perfect kind of purchase for us as one decent season doubles his value. Wages wouldn't be cheap as he's supposedly on 75k pw at Bayer.
    • One year left on a massive contract and just turned 29. I can't see any clubs coming in for a big fee so it'll probably be a loan. Carlo absolutely loves him and he loves Carlo. The hype around him signing alone is worth every penny and it'll show our current players, and football generally that we're serious. Absolute magic and would make things happen in the attack.
  • At right back Celik (£20m) would be brilliant. I watched most of Lille's games last season (less this season, but he's looked just as good) and he has a bit of everything.
    • For a cheaper option Centonze from Metz was solid all season and is only 24 - could be worth going for if we want to spend money elsewhere.
  • If we do decide to shift one of Mina or Keane, and can't get Gabriel in, we should be going for Thiago Silva on a free transfer with a 2 year deal @ £150k pw.
    • Another one of Carlo's favourites, huge experience and still a top footballer despite his age.

No idea on left back. Wouldn't be surprised if we promote Niels and hope for the best lol.

Looking at the above we'd be looking at a total outlay of approx £70m (a chunk offset with the sale of Mina or Keane who I assume would fetch £20m+ themselves), and a sizeable increase of wages (hopefully offset when we manage to scam clubs into taking some of our terrible high earners).

He hasn't realised that Hamez is signing for Atletico for 15m.

Thiago Silva would want more than 150k a week. 

This is the slap the money on the table version 2. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

• Allan - £20m.
  • Bailey - £25m.

I'm quite impressed with that, not one mention of Liverpool.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

• Allan - £20m.
  • Bailey - £25m.

They never ever learn do they it seems mad just saying this 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

• Allan - £20m.
  • Bailey - £25m.

Looks like they're going to take the transfer window by storm for the fourth straight year. Just the small matter of finding the cash, persuading those players to join a thoroughly mediocre club who haven't won anything for decades and don't look likely to any time soon and managing to shift on the last lot of dross they bought. Get that done and they might be in with a shout of finishing in the top half of the table next season and not having to sack yet another manager. Thrilling times.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Looks like they're going to take the transfer window by storm for the fourth straight year. Just the small matter of finding the cash, persuading those players to join a thoroughly mediocre club who haven't won anything for decades and don't look likely to any time soon and managing to shift on the last lot of dross they bought. Get that done and they might be in with a shout of finishing in the top half of the table next season and not having to sack yet another manager. Thrilling times.

It's Carlo though fella, it's just a love in.

Just saw this image of Hodge on Blizzard's Twitter. It bears a striking resemblance to that video of him doing an all action demonstration of his tactical genius, while Gerrard has this look of 'What in fuck's name is he on about?'

This image would be from probably 40 years ago when he was coaching in Norway, at the start of his world domination tour. The look from the two keepers, is similar to that of Gerrard. Some things don't change.

image.png

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Just saw this image of Hodge on Blizzard's Twitter. It bears a striking resemblance to that video of him doing an all action demonstration of his tactical genius, while Gerrard has this look of 'What in fuck's name is he on about?'

This image would be from probably 40 years ago when he was coaching in Norway, at the start of his world domination tour. The look from the two keepers, is similar to that of Gerrard. Some things don't change.

image.png

Looks like he’s in a bit of a flap there.