You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

14 hours ago, paddyberger said:

I met him while at university, he was compère at our summer ball. He was trying to get hold of one of the girls in our hall of residence and came back. 

He said to me, “you’re a scouser, I hate scousers” to which I replied “you’re a cunt, and I hate cunts.”

Not my finest moment granted but got a few giggles. He left shortly after, the cunt.

Out of rep, dammit!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Pete said:

It’s Terry Christian. He’s thick as pig shit and a complete and utter cunt to boot. 

I spent an evening in the company of him and Bez years ago. Bez was sound.  Didn't really take to Christian, bit of a cocky twat.

19 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I spent an evening in the company of him and Bez years ago. Bez was sound.  Didn't really take to Christian, bit of a cocky twat.

Think we’ve just found Bez and Christian’s dealer....

• Upvote 1

Seen as a European giant? That put a smile on my face.

mahermi1

mahermi1

Player Valuation: £35m

The concerns for me arent with Gbamin or Kean.

Delph: Surely someone who met him or asked for references would have realised the bloke was poison.

Gomes: I wasnt bothered either way if we signed him...surprised we went over £18mil though...i mean £22mil was 'ok' if we were signing real quality and he would be a rotation player.

Iwobi: I listened to others who used stats to show he was good. Seemed ok in the 10 role but not exactly Zidane or even a djorjaeff...

£57mil for those 3 players...incl Gbamin circa £80mil.

I think i would have done a better job of spending £80mil tbh.

See what you mean, but at this time we have to realize that we can not attract the players we all want, our fantasy players, because we are not seen as a European giant anymore and most PL clubs can pay what we pay for fees and wages.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Seen as a European giant? That put a smile on my face.

mahermi1

mahermi1

Player Valuation: £35m

The concerns for me arent with Gbamin or Kean.

Delph: Surely someone who met him or asked for references would have realised the bloke was poison.

Gomes: I wasnt bothered either way if we signed him...surprised we went over £18mil though...i mean £22mil was 'ok' if we were signing real quality and he would be a rotation player.

Iwobi: I listened to others who used stats to show he was good. Seemed ok in the 10 role but not exactly Zidane or even a djorjaeff...

£57mil for those 3 players...incl Gbamin circa £80mil.

I think i would have done a better job of spending £80mil tbh.

See what you mean, but at this time we have to realize that we can not attract the players we all want, our fantasy players, because we are not seen as a European giant anymore and most PL clubs can pay what we pay for fees and wages.

“Anymore”?

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/19-20/comment/editorial/39753.html

TLDR

Our P&L situation is such that we cannot add to our costs without (i) significantly increasing our revenues (see above); (ii) significantly reducing our costs; and (iii) generating player trading profits.

To be fair there are some reasonable comments to that 'article' from fans that don't believe in the magic fairy with bags of cash.