You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

GOT fan survey. Open to everyone and you can have as many goes as you want. Have your say on the hopes, expectations, the board, and the unicorn stadium. Again. And again. And again....

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/19-20-everton-fan-survey.110714/

"Do you think Bramley Moore will be built?" 

Hahahahaha fucking hell 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

"Do you think Bramley Moore will be built?" 

Hahahahaha fucking hell 

Oh yea of little faith ....

Now I know next to fuck all about the building trade but I wouldn’t have thought a Saturday is a day you start work on a major building project 

@TheGwladysSt

Glenigan has confirmed that work is set to begin on Bramley-Moore Dock this Saturday.
Start date 1/8/2020

End date. 1/8/2023

contract period 36 months 

EeIQsREWsAI-8iK?format=jpg&name=large

17 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Oh yea of little faith ....

Now I know next to fuck all about the building trade but I wouldn’t have thought a Saturday is a day you start work on a major building project 

@TheGwladysSt

Glenigan has confirmed that work is set to begin on Bramley-Moore Dock this Saturday.
Start date 1/8/2020

End date. 1/8/2023

contract period 36 months 

EeIQsREWsAI-8iK?format=jpg&name=large

@Bob Spunkmouse fancy throwing this grenade into the mix on GOT please 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Especially one planning permission hasn’t been given on yet.

And they don't own the land.  Or have detailed plans. Or the money to see it through. 

Actually, come to think of it, starting work on Saturday would be a spectacularly Everton thing to do.

14 hours ago, Anubis said:

GOT fan survey. Open to everyone and you can have as many goes as you want. Have your say on the hopes, expectations, the board, and the unicorn stadium. Again. And again. And again....

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/19-20-everton-fan-survey.110714/

I went really positive and optimistic on this. The present regime are doing a splendid job.

10 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The European Cup makes me regard Villa as bigger than Everton,Forest and their two triumphs also. Forest and Villa have won league cups too.

Not long after Madrid we went to the Rock of Cashel and I overheard an American talking about the 'soccer' match he watched the other night with a Brummie - small world, eh? The Brummie oh-so-casually mentioned that Villa had won it back in the day and the pride in his voice was unmistakable. So yeah, Big Ears is something a club can point to forever to differentiate them from the lesser clubs. Stig should be along in a minute to tell us how winning it sustained Celtic through some very grim times, and the pursuit of it at all costs broke Rangers.

9 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Seems to be a lot of bureaucracy and red tape to move two cones. 

Probably why they havent got far in the planning process because they don't like the red tape. 

Come on the tape won’t be red!!

Thing is as long as its not tax payers money being used to line the pockets of billionaires id be happy for them to build the stadium and do something with that land on the water front. The idea of them having a new stadium making me jealous is just bizarre, I genuinely don't give a shit, players don't give a shit! a player would never move to a club because the stadium is nice. Spurs have a new amazing stadium im sure its great for the fans but people still went and loved the game before in shithole grounds with bad facilities because they love the football. 

16 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I wouldn't cite league cups as a yard stick for club size. Big ears and the league for me. 

Of course,but when you consider yourself a 'big club' (no sniggering please) you've generally won a fair range of worthwhile trophies. Cuckoo clocks excluded.

29 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I wouldn't cite league cups as a yard stick for club size. Big ears and the league for me. 

It's all grist to the mill, though. Though neither of them have won Big Ears, Sevilla's multiple UEFA Cups count for more than Everton's ECWC.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Thing is as long as its not tax payers money being used to line the pockets of billionaires id be happy for them to build the stadium and do something with that land on the water front. The idea of them having a new stadium making me jealous is just bizarre, I genuinely don't give a shit, players don't give a shit! a player would never move to a club because the stadium is nice. Spurs have a new amazing stadium im sure its great for the fans but people still went and loved the game before in shithole grounds with bad facilities because they love the football. 

Spot on. As long as Liverpool council aren't shelling out it could be a great thing for the city, especially if it kicks starts that whole Liverpool waters project. In fact if there was guaranteed investment from Peel to do something positive, if that meant the council took the loan on Everton's behalf, it could still be worthwhile. But the very idea the council would borrow the money for a tiny margin on behalf of Everton while bringing absolutely nothing else cannot be allowed to happen. Let uncle uzzie sort it. 

46 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Rants about an Evertonian saying he hoped Iwobi dies in a plane crash but somehow shoehorns Liverpool into the rant.

Kopite behaviour lad. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Rants about an Evertonian saying he hoped Iwobi dies in a plane crash but somehow shoehorns Liverpool into the rant.

True. I mean it's not like they'd ever trivialise death or use it to score points - would they Darren, you fucking bad ted.

• Upvote 1