You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

24 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Memo to other football clubs: Sunderland AFC do not tend to produce outstanding keepers. Be warned.

I'm quite proud to have called that when they first signed this dope and even some of our fans were enviously saying it was quite a coup for the Bloos.

A keeper in a shitty relegation team is going to face a million shots every week, so he's bound to make enough saves for an impressive-looking highlights reel. Doesn't mean he'll have what it takes in a team that's aiming higher. 

21 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm quite proud to have called that when they first signed this dope and even some of our fans were enviously saying it was quite a coup for the Bloos.

A keeper in a shitty relegation team is going to face a million shots every week, so he's bound to make enough saves for an impressive-looking highlights reel. Doesn't mean he'll have what it takes in a team that's aiming higher. 

It's just sensible long term planning, at some point Pickford will be shit enough to drag them into a relegation battle, which is when he comes into his own. 

thinking-gif-142185-82012.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Mudface said:

It's just sensible long term planning, at some point Pickford will be shit enough to drag them into a relegation battle, which is when he comes into his own. 

thinking-gif-142185-82012.gif

Versus Big Nev who kept them out of a relegation battle and was worth 10-15 points a season when they actually won the league. 

21 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

If anything you want to sign a keeper who doesn’t have to make fancy saves every game. Give me some boring cunt who stands in the right position for the ball to be safely blasted straight at him and can organise a defence over the impressive shot stopping abilities of most relegated keepers.

Actually fuck that, give me Alisson.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

If anything you want to sign a keeper who doesn’t have to make fancy saves every game. Give me some boring cunt who stands in the right position for the ball to be safely blasted straight at him and can organise a defence over the impressive shot stopping abilities of most relegated keepers.

Actually fuck that, give me Alisson.

It's like when people start drooling over defenders who make dramatic last-minute tackles; if you're really good, you almost never have to do that.

All's not lost for this season. They've still got a small goal difference lead over Southampton in the race for bottom half champions, with coincidentally, both playing Sheffield Utd and Bournemouth in their last two matches. 

Bournemouth V Southampton.     Bournemouth are crap, away win for Saints.

Sheffield Utd V Everton               Sheffield have beaten Spurs, Wolves & Chelsea at home since the return. Blades win

Final games

Everton V Bournemouth             Pity Bournemouth are crap, even Everton could win this one.

Southampton V Sheffield Utd      Southampton unbeaten in 5, including win v City. Home win

Well, well, if Southampton win both of theirs, the Bloos are going to have to match their results to win the bottom half trophy. A tough ask given their game against Sheffield Utd. Can they beat the odds and a rigged fixture list*?

*IfItHadntBeenForHavingToPlaySheffieldUtdAwayOnTheSecondLastGameOfTheSeason

17 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

All's not lost for this season. They've still got a small goal difference lead over Southampton in the race for bottom half champions, with coincidentally, both playing Sheffield Utd and Bournemouth in their last two matches. 

Bournemouth V Southampton.     Bournemouth are crap, away win for Saints.

Sheffield Utd V Everton               Sheffield have beaten Spurs, Wolves & Chelsea at home since the return. Blades win

Final games

Everton V Bournemouth             Pity Bournemouth are crap, even Everton could win this one.

Southampton V Sheffield Utd      Southampton unbeaten in 5, including win v City. Home win

Well, well, if Southampton win both of theirs, the Bloos are going to have to match their results to win the bottom half trophy. A tough ask given their game against Sheffield Utd. Can they beat the odds and a rigged fixture list*?

*IfItHadntBeenForHavingToPlaySheffieldUtdAwayOnTheSecondLastGameOfTheSeason

Do pace goals count in this race or is that only for our goals?

This is brilliant.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53431020

"I started watching the Premier League in 2013 when it was shown a lot at the recording studio we were using in New York," he explained. "I'd always watched football when I was a kid, but I didn't have a favourite English team.

"I got home after recording had finished, and kept watching, but I needed a team to root for. I didn't just want to go for a 'money' team - one of the best sides, who are always going to win - so I looked at the table and picked the teams who were ninth, 10th and 11th, and decided it was going to be one of them.

"Those teams were Aston Villa, West Brom and Everton. I watched them all play a game in turn before picking one, and the last team I saw were Everton. They played in the same colour blue I wore as a kid for my baseball team when we won the state championship and I just knew straight away they were my team.

"When I watched them, the feeling grew and grew. I like a team without an ego who, when they win, it really feels like something - and it still does. I didn't realise until I saw Everton play that I was always an Everton fan, i just didn't know it."

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I overhead a bit of the build-up to their game earlier. Kelly Cates was pointing out that they've spent massive amounts and they've got fuck all to show for it. 

About time people started mentioning that. 

I've just checked and since Moyes left they've spent over £450 million.  They finished 5th once and... well, that's it.

46 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I overhead a bit of the build-up to their game earlier. Kelly Cates was pointing out that they've spent massive amounts and they've got fuck all to show for it. 

About time people started mentioning that. 

They've got something to show for that money.

A squad full of absolute dross and a manager stuffing his pension pillow full to bursting while not improving the aforementioned squad full of dross one little bit.

Great stuff !