You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, John102 said:

I do wonder if teams like Espanyol, sit there wondering why nobody is arsed about them, whilst everyone is interested in their more successful city neighbours?

Surely the team that prides itself on only having fans born within the sound of the Brick's last order bell, cannot be surprised that the city wants to, in some part, market itself to all the silly out of towners that the blues put on the bus to Wallasey.

Maybe try achieving something deserving of a mural. You cant keep falling back on the undersoil heating and world cup semi final. Perhaps foster a culture whereby visitors to the city and your club arent treated as social pariahs to be laughed at. Maybe then the people responsible for these murals will lash one up.

You cant deride kopite behaviour, then cry when you want a piece of the pie.

This is everton's problem in a nutshell. They want to be a world famous parochial football club. But you can never be that, you're either world famous or parochial.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Bill gates over here. Wont work for me John. You do it and send it me then smart arse 

I installed an anti Stig WhatsApp virus. 

On 09/07/2020 at 12:27, Doctor Troy said:

Definitely boiling a lot of piss.

OK. So in our city's cultural profile, where do Everton figure? Realistically.  I'd say that in a Scouser's view of our cultural profile they would be reasonably prominent - not Beatles, but certainly Icicle Works - but for an outsider? As part of our international cultural profile? They probably figure lower than some cold, stone buildings.  And that's fuck all to do with murals and everything to do with their decades of mediocrity. They have become a nonentity.  A shrug.  A gnat.

They have erased themselves from our city's cultural profile.