You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The biggest embarassment for the current Everton regime is that they've finally appointed a world class manager but wasted millions by giving loads to useless wastes of spaces and a white elephant stadium. If they'd given most of it to Ancelotti they'd probably be playing in Europe regularly,no laughing at the back! But the coffers are empty and they have the best manager they've ever had. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Royal blue.

They must be hurting this morning, maybe's they'll jump into their Royal Blue Mersey. At least they get to cheer their beloved Mancs on in the FA Cup and Europa League. 

32 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He's a good egg is Big Nev. And he's actually a winner. Failure speaks while success listens.

It's almost as if, and I know this is counter-intuitive so you'll have to cut me some slack, he proves that you need trophies to be a winner and he is a winner.

• Upvote 3

Christ, just imagine being that bitter. It doesn't bear thinking about. I mean last season I didn't feel much like congratulating City fans, or Real Madrid fans the year before after the CL final - I think I just about managed to offer a "well done" to a City fan I know who was actually very gracious in victory, but I admit it was a struggle. That's my failing. But I can't imagine turning on Klopp, or Henderson, or Dalglish, or Hansen, or fucking anybody associated with the club or its fanbase for being more magnanimous than me in defeat. It's utterly pathetic.

They'll never win anything again, I'm now convinced of it. They're too bitter, and what's more they actually expect anyone and everyone associated with the club to buy into this loser mentality heart and soul.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Nev is boss.

Only popped into this thread to see if the bitterness I expected had been displayed by the BS. But, that statement by Southall is spot on in its message. He's basically told the bitter bastards to fuck off out of his club.

13 minutes ago, Manny said:

Christ, just imagine being that bitter. It doesn't bear thinking about. I mean last season I didn't feel much like congratulating City fans, or Real Madrid fans the year before after the CL final - I think I just about managed to offer a "well done" to a City fan I know who was actually very gracious in victory, but I admit it was a struggle. That's my failing. But I can't imagine turning on Klopp, or Henderson, or Dalglish, or Hansen, or fucking anybody associated with the club or its fanbase for being more magnanimous than me in defeat. It's utterly pathetic.

They'll never win anything again, I'm now convinced of it. They're too bitter, and what's more they actually expect anyone and everyone associated with the club to buy into this loser mentality heart and soul.

Spot on. They’re like a body with a constant pH of 0, aren’t they. Blood like fucking battery acid. If you dropped a pound coin into them it would bubble and disappear in seconds, let alone be stripped clean.

Good luck ever creating anything positive, harmonious and successful in that environment. It would infect or repel even the soundest, most talented and impressive of individuals.

20 minutes ago, Captain Milk said:

Spot on. They’re like a body with a constant pH of 0, aren’t they. Blood like fucking battery acid. If you dropped a pound coin into them it would bubble and disappear in seconds, let alone be stripped clean.

Good luck ever creating anything positive, harmonious and successful in that environment. It would infect or repel even the soundest, most talented and impressive of individuals.

Exactly. Managers who could take them forward, like Koeman or Ancelotti, can't do it because the parochial, jealous mindset makes their working conditions impossible. How the fuck are you supposed to breed a positive, successful mentality when you get grief for the colour of your Christmas tree, or where a simple acknowledgement of facts like "our hated rivals have been hands-down the best team in the league this season and deserve their win" is seen as outright blasphemy?

They're stuck with losers like Moyes who'll never take the club mentally forward, but whose playing down to the worst impulses of the fanbase will absolve them of the harshest criticism. They should just bring him back and embrace it.

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

Exactly. Managers who could take them forward, like Koeman or Ancelotti, can't do it because the parochial, jealous mindset makes their working conditions impossible. How the fuck are you supposed to breed a positive, successful mentality when you get grief for the colour of your Christmas tree, or where a simple acknowledgement of facts like "our hated rivals have been hands-down the best team in the league this season and deserve their win" is seen as outright blasphemy?

They're stuck with losers like Moyes who'll never take the club mentally forward, but whose playing down to the worst impulses of the fanbase will absolve them of the harshest criticism. They should just bring him back and embrace it.

Definitely. He exemplifies them in human form the same way Klopp represents LFC so perfectly.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The biggest embarassment for the current Everton regime is that they've finally appointed a world class manager but wasted millions by giving loads to useless wastes of spaces and a white elephant stadium. If they'd given most of it to Ancelotti they'd probably be playing in Europe regularly,no laughing at the back! But the coffers are empty and they have the best manager they've ever had. 

They've got a master craftsman and given him Fisher Price tools to work with. It's classic Everton really. 

That stadium must be dead in the water (the royal blue water).

3 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

This. Let them stew in their own bile while we bask in the glory of our title win. 

Dunno, it's nice to also see our success through the prism of our failing rivals. Yes, I'm a bitter bitter man! 

Everton are a shambles. Arsenal, Man UTD the same. Chelsea are in much better shape and have money to burn but I can't see them winning the league with Lampard in charge. 

These are the best days.