You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I keep saying it, they should redevelop the Park End. They could also buy a bit of derelict land and go to the church, give them 10 million quid for the land it currently sits on, build a new church on the derelict land and fill in that corner. It would still only cost about 150 million tops and give them 52,000 to 55,000 capacity. They'll never afford a 500m pound build for a new stadium. It will cripple them.

Dont know why I care to be honest but it just seems to me if they want to stay the local parochial outlooking club they profess to be, I dont get why they want this super flash stadium away from their roots.

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I keep saying it, they should redevelop the Park End. They could also buy a bit of derelict land and go to the church, give them 10 million quid for the land it currently sits on, build a new church on the derelict land and fill in that corner. It would still only cost about 150 million tops and give them 52,000 to 55,000 capacity. They'll never afford a 500m pound build for a new stadium. It will cripple them.

Dont know why I care to be honest but it just seems to me if they want to stay the local parochial outlooking club they profess to be, I dont get why they want this super flash stadium away from their roots.

Because they know they'll never compete with us football wise, and if they have a stadium that has one more seat than Anfield, then it's seen as a massive moral victory for them.  They can extend their Blue Shack all they like, it'll just be a slightly bigger shithole of a Blue Shack with no forthcoming success and they fully know it and it'll never be close to what Anfield is.

3 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Because they know they'll never compete with us football wise, and if they have a stadium that has one more seat than Anfield, then it's seen as a massive moral victory for them.  They can extend their Blue Shack all they like, it'll just be a slightly bigger shithole of a Blue Shack with no forthcoming success and they fully know it and it'll never be close to what Anfield is.

The new stadium is about making a statement in their eyes, they think we will be jealous if they move to a stadium down at the docks.

boris

Player Valuation: £20m
Will never happen
Heehee....it’s killing you this isn’t it.

I’m amazed how much Liverpool fans have gone into overdrive talking about this lately. They’re obsessed, beyond rationale but there’s nothing they can do to stop this stadium.

Every social media outlet I see is just full of Liverpool fans mentioning Everton’s ground. It properly grates them and I can understand why. I’d hate them to be building such a superb stadium, in the city centre, on the banks of the Mersey.

•  

36 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

And who's gonna be the outs of value to bring in the new ones?

Was just thinking that. The high wage dross like Sigurdsson, Walcott, Delph or Keane aren't going to bring much in. Their 'prospects' like Calvert-Lewin, Davies or Holgate are bang average and unlikely to generate much interest. Unless they want to sell Richarlison, Pickford or Gomes, it's hard to see how they'd get a decent amount, and then they'd need to pay for at least adequate replacements.

29 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Was just thinking that. The high wage dross like Sigurdsson, Walcott, Delph or Keane aren't going to bring much in. Their 'prospects' like Calvert-Lewin, Davies or Holgate are bang average and unlikely to generate much interest. Unless they want to sell Richarlison, Pickford or Gomes, it's hard to see how they'd get a decent amount, and then they'd need to pay for at least adequate replacements.

They'll probably concentrate on just reducing wages. 

43 minutes ago, Mudface said:

They'd be better selling Calvert-Lewin than Pickford. They're both shite but at least Calvert-Lewin's stock is on the rise. Everybody's clocked Pickford is gash. Even Southgate might be about to turn on him as well.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's clearly a "culturally Scouse" town, even if it is the "wrong" side of a line drawn on a map in London in 1974.

Parochial bellends have only themselves to blame. 

'Not sure if serious' and all that jazz...

Now that Liverpool are on the cusp of the title, and we have not won anything in 25 years, I have started to believe that I will never see us actually win a Premier League championship. I just completed Man City's documentary on Netflix, as i watched them lift the trophy and observed the joy and delight on the fans faces, I had the horrible sinking feeling that I will never have that experience, and watch us win anything. I was too young in the 80's to recall the glory years. Interested to hear your thoughts

Will be a while I think, but I’m glad I’ll never see Everton fans murder 39 innocents.

Well it's a grand old.......shower of cunts