You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

If Everton FC was a Simpson's character:

image.jpeg

Whilst the newborn Liverpool FC was given a free ground, little Everton, at the tender age of 13, had to carry away heavy turnstiles. And while others played in luxury had build it's own ramshackle, wooden stadium.

Frank Grimes | Simpsons Wiki | Fandom

One day, a confident financial expert befriended the unlucky little club. 

Those that questioned the wisdom of his patter were met with his response: "this is probably the greatest... aw, not for you. It's more of a Liverpool idea. "

The Gravy Tits replied: "Now wait a minute, we're twice as smart as those merderin redshite".

So Lyle Moshley told them: "I'll show you my idea - I give you the Everton Unicorn USM Stadium!"

Led by envy and bitterness, Little Everton overreached - its tiny, grasping hands borrowing money it didn't have in order to build a unicorn stadium.

Gravestones - Wikisimpsons, the Simpsons Wiki

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

If Everton FC was a Simpson's character:

image.jpeg

Whilst the newborn Liverpool FC was given a free ground, little Everton, at the tender age of 13, had to carry away heavy turnstiles. And while others played in luxury had build it's own ramshackle, wooden stadium.

Frank Grimes | Simpsons Wiki | Fandom

One day, a confident financial expert befriended the unlucky little club. 

Those that questioned the wisdom of his patter were met with his response: "this is probably the greatest... aw, not for you. It's more of a Liverpool idea. "

The Gravy Tits replied: "Now wait a minute, we're twice as smart as those merderin redshite".

So Lyle Moshley told them: "I'll show you my idea - I give you the Everton Unicorn USM Stadium!"

Led by envy and bitterness, Little Everton overreached - its tiny, grasping hands borrowing money it didn't have in order to build a unicorn stadium.

Gravestones - Wikisimpsons, the Simpsons Wiki

Me, when Everton go bust.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Anubis said:

You can’t really use that against them. A quick search on Google Image will show the same badge in red with Liverpool on. I suspect there was one for every team at the time they were made.

Yeah but I bet you couldn't get a Everton one with coupons from Raspberry or Strawberry jam. Probably not blackcurrant either

1 hour ago, R BENO said:

Bramley Moore was up to his neck in slave trade as well apparentley. Got nothing to do with Everton but Im sure if it was the other way round there'd be a fair few of them sprouting shite against us.

I didn't even know that Bramley Moore was a person.

His Wikipedia page mentions his plantations in Brazil, where he entertained Charles Darwin and the crew of the Beagle. According to Darwin's Sacred Cause, Darwin was pretty horrified by the scale and barbarity of slavery in Brazil; it was one of the things that drove him to devote his life to perfecting a theory to prove conclusively that all people, irrespective of skin colour, were related.

Still, as you say, we can't hold it against Everton because Bramley Moore will never have anything to do with them.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I didn't even know that Bramley Moore was a person.

His Wikipedia page mentions his plantations in Brazil, where he entertained Charles Darwin and the crew of the Beagle. According to Darwin's Sacred Cause, Darwin was pretty horrified by the scale and barbarity of slavery in Brazil; it was one of the things that drove him to devote his life to perfecting a theory to prove conclusively that all people, irrespective of skin colour, were related.

Still, as you say, we can't hold it against Everton because Bramley Moore will never have anything to do with them.

You build them up to knock them down

Yeah, they’re big enough to handle it ...........

degsy

degsy

Player Valuation: £70m

I think we are big enough to handle it.
I've seen them win the league on numerous occasions and funnily enough, the world didn't end then, nor will it the coming weeks...and they'll still be gobshights, just gobshights with another, magic juice, VAR enhanced, asterisk title.

One of the posters in there said without any irony about us rubbing their noses in it if we won it at their gaff

" you know for a fact if they win it at the Old Lady they will take the piss for years and never shut up about it. They lost the league at Goodison Park last season and we just went about our business and barely mentioned it afterwards"

They never shut up about it.