You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I love the way they take it so seriously as well. All of them have to have it as their ringtone and let it play for a while before they answer their phone.

Was getting work done in the house a few months back and one of the workers phone went off and he done exactly that. My lad had his mates round and they terrored him over it. Didn’t hear it ring again for the next 2 days. 

37 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Was getting work done in the house a few months back and one of the workers phone went off and he done exactly that. My lad had his mates round and they terrored him over it. Didn’t hear it ring again for the next 2 days. 

Yeah, they do it to get a reaction, the amount of times I've been on a bus or train and they have their phone in front of them but take forever to answer it just to see who looks around.

I said to some lad in work that the z cars music is shite and laughable how they get all worked up over it. He just says "fuck off, it's better than having a song nicked from a shit musical"

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yeah, they do it to get a reaction, the amount of times I've been on a bus or train and they have their phone in front of them but take forever to answer it just to see who looks around.

I said to some lad in work that the z cars music is shite and laughable how they get all worked up over it. He just says "fuck off, it's better than having a song nicked from a shit musical"

Its Watfords anyway 

Joking aside, its a startup company, operating in a post Covid world thats about to have the biggest depression since the 20s, and their path to fortune is selling cars. Giving Everton(or anyone) 10 million a year sounds like a big gamble. How many cars would you have to sell just to cover the sponsership?

13 minutes ago, R BENO said:

Joking aside, its a startup company, operating in a post Covid world thats about to have the biggest depression since the 20s, and their path to fortune is selling cars. Giving Everton(or anyone) 10 million a year sounds like a big gamble. How many cars would you have to sell just to cover the sponsership?

Well let's say on average.they make 2k per car. The Everton deal needs to sell 5k cars per year. It doesn't seem that unlikely I don't think. 

57 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

We should start shouting 'Another Watford fan' when we hear it and start the fume.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We should start shouting 'Another Watford fan' when we hear it and start the fume.

Asked one why they suddenly started calling Woodison the Old Lady a few years ago when Juventus have been called it for years. I think they just woke up one day and decided to show solidarity with them over Heysel.

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/the-derby-vandalism.110391/

State of some of the cunts in here 

Fair play for posting that. I started reading that thread 'cos I thought it'd be good to see 'em squirm.  But overall I just didn't get any enjoyment from it.

Actually the odd blue made a fair point and was reasonable/humorous. I particularly chuckled at "We will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes! (A hungover phoenix with a bad back)".

The referral to us as 'mutants' etc...it's just a bit blind. In the same way that that I don't like it when we think of them as a subspecies. I just don't think of them that that way.

I guess that I get more pleasure from the positive stuff; the funny stuff; the exciting stuff that people post.  Not on here obviously because you are all cunts. Except Tony. 

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It’s page 1878 of their thread, so only right that they get their song played.

Great tune. Can't imagine YNWA appears on that forum though, for some reason.

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I love the way they take it so seriously as well. All of them have to have it as their ringtone and let it play for a while before they answer their phone.

I love the fact that it was written for the telly (based on an old folk tune) by a Liverpool season-ticket holder, Fritz Spiegl.

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

a song nicked from a shit musical"

I've never seen Carousel, but I was talking to a Bloo in work a while back (a decent bloke in his late 50s) who was saying that usually when he hears YNWA he " naturally" gets the urge to shout "FUCK OFF" but when he watches the film it gets him blubbing like a baby.

On 02/06/2020 at 22:21, 3 Stacks said:

Anybody else pronounce that dude's name "Davek" like it's some Slavic name and not presumably Dave. K? Like he's some Polish guy who just really hates Liverpool for some reason. 

the really hot ginger girl that lived over the road from me growing up used to do am dram and musicals and we went to watch her in a few things, including Annie get your gun and carousel. Can’t remember much of the show other than singing along to that song.

she was lovely.

10 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

the really hot ginger girl that lived over the road from me growing up used to do am dram and musicals and we went to watch her in a few things, including Annie get your gun and carousel. Can’t remember much of the show other than singing along to that song.

she was lovely.

Given the post you replied to, was said hot ginger girl Polish?

If so, Letch Poznań.

• Upvote 1

On 02/06/2020 at 22:21, 3 Stacks said:

Anybody else pronounce that dude's name "Davek" like it's some Slavic name and not presumably Dave. K? Like he's some Polish guy who just really hates Liverpool for some reason. 

Don’t know what it replied to that post. And now I’ve gone to reply that post is in here again. 

I think every time I ever post on her again it’s going to make me reply to that post. Odd.