You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

16 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Talks some bullshit there never mind made up stuff. He's mixing up that alleged Rangers ban on signing Catholic players which they say there never was, with us.  We had Catholic players before the 80's even when religion wasnt an issue.

Tommy Smith said some objectionable things about his own teammates and even about Emlyn Hughes when he died.

To be honest, most black players in the 60's were called that. Most people had stopped it by the end of the 70's. everton kept the tradition alive in the late 80's though with John Barnes.

And the cunt still cannot get the nationalities of those who died, not 'murdered' at Heysel correct despite having 35 years to learn.

Nice of him to mention that lad in 2011 whenthere was absolutely no evidence he was called that. At the time if I remember he alleged he was called a 'black twat' and not 'coon.'

Its completely made up that no Catholics rule. He was on about it on Twatter about six months ago and I put him straight. My uncle went to a Catholic school and played for Liverpool as did Tommy Smith. My other uncle and my Dad were all on Liverpools books at some point. 

Liverpool were so racist and against Catholics they  let Howard Gayle play for Liverpool. He attended St Theresa's in Norris Green, a very religious structured Catholic school with the church next door.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Anybody else pronounce that dude's name "Davek" like it's some Slavic name and not presumably Dave. K? Like he's some Polish guy who just really hates Liverpool for some reason. 

Yeah,me too. I imagine him to like the leader of the Daleks,half man,half machine. 'Exterminate the red shite,Exterminate the red shite' and then the whole street's power goes out and all the neighbours roll their eyes and say to each other 'Davek is on the fuckin internet again.'

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah,me too. I imagine him to like the leader of the Daleks,half man,half machine. 'Exterminate the red shite,Exterminate the red shite' and then the whole street's power goes out and all the neighbours roll their eyes and say to each other 'Davek is on the fuckin internet again.'

He's called dave kelly from a time on the net when you used to post under your own name. He's been frequenting the internet for years and he's got bitterer (is that a word?) as time has gone by. Either that or they take it in turns being dave kelly!

43 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Anybody else pronounce that dude's name "Davek" like it's some Slavic name and not presumably Dave. K? Like he's some Polish guy who just really hates Liverpool for some reason. 

I imagine him to be something like this. 

DENrBKrXgAAf7Wi.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Anyone know about this ban on Irish catholics? Wasn’t aware of any abuse to Trebilcock either, was before my time like but I’ve never heard mention of it.

davek

davek

Player Valuation: £80m
Ah but don’t you know D, if you bring up the R card with them, you get called a hypocrite and have articles thrown in your face about us and racism
Racism and Liverpool:

Formed in 1892 by people who hated Irish Catholics
Ban on all Irish Catholic players until the 1980s
Abused Mike Trebilcock as "Everton's n*gg*r" in the 1960s
Psychologically tortured Howard Gayle (Liverpool's first black player in the 1970s)
Tommy 'Anfield Iron' Smith' "I'd never allow me daughter to marry a C**n".
Kenny Dalglish as manager in the 1980s using a black counter on the white tactis board to denote John Barnes (the other players had red counters)
Murdered 39 Italians in 1985.
Suarez / Evra, Negrito / Uruguayan patois scandal 2011.
Tom Adeyemi in 2012 booed and called c**n by sections of the Kop.

The rest of football should take the knee and protest that lot.

We were formed by their club President; if that makes us religious bigots, then so were they.

The "never signed Irish Catholic players" claim is horse-shit.  Before the Eighties we had plenty of Irish players, north and south, including legends like Scott, Lacey and Heighway. It's unlikely that none were Catholic; most of the stuff I've read on them doesn't mention religion, because - as far as Liverpool is concerned - it's simply not an issue.  I do know that Elisha Scott went on to play for and manage a traditionally Catholic  (and Republican) team, Belfast Celtic.

The Howard Gayle "torture", Suarez and Tom Adeyemi shouts are all bullshit. (For the Adeyemi one he hasn't even got the right allegation: someone was thought to have shouted "black cunt" but the Prosecutor listened to a recording and agreed that he'd shouted "Manc cunt".)

The "murder" lie is the kind of vile shit we expect from this prick.

Never heard of the Trebilcock or Dalglish claims; I'm inclined to chuck them onto the horseshit pile, unless a sane person could say whether there's any truth in them.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

And we saw Barca coming with the Coutinho transfer. A lovely symmetry about the whole thing.

Like when they gave Palace a fortune for Bolasie, allowing Palace to give us way over the odds for Benteke, to help us afford Sadio Mané.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

We were formed by their club President; if that makes us religious bigots, then so were they.

The "never signed Irish Catholic players" claim is horse-shit.  Before the Eighties we had plenty of Irish players, north and south, including legends like Scott, Lacey and Heighway. It's unlikely that none were Catholic; most of the stuff I've read on them doesn't mention religion, because - as far as Liverpool is concerned - it's simply not an issue.  I do know that Elisha Scott went on to play for and manage a traditionally Catholic  (and Republican) team, Belfast Celtic.

The Howard Gayle "torture", Suarez and Tom Adeyemi shouts are all bullshit. (For the Adeyemi one he hasn't even got the right allegation: someone was thought to have shouted "black cunt" but the Prosecutor listened to a recording and agreed that he'd shouted "Manc cunt".)

The "murder" lie is the kind of vile shit we expect from this prick.

Never heard of the Trebilcock or Dalglish claims; I'm inclined to chuck them onto the horseshit pile, unless a sane person could say whether there's any truth in them.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Elisha Scott was a Protestant. 

On 01/06/2020 at 18:04, dockers_strike said:

They've got some fucking neck never mind myopia. I can honestly say I hadnt heard anyone use the 'n' word after the 60's and certainly not by the end of the 70's. Yet the only time I heard it re surface after that was when those cunts chanted 'n*****pool' and 'everton are white' when Barnes made his derby debut.

It would be a sad day if Usmanov sank his money in these cunts and made them successful. They say we're unbearable but could you imagine these if they did win a major trophy?

Personally I thought anfield was a pretty racist place until we signed John Barnes, then it stopped overnight. Racism was everywhere still in the 80s, I remember monkey chants at Barnes when he 1st signed - I can't remember against who now, just they were in white, I think maybe spurs, whoever it was had about 5 black players themselves. But I'd say by the late 80s, it was dying out. Everton kept it going though. 

• Upvote 1

The anxiety’s crippling them on there about the delays with the unicorn getting built. Blaming imaginary fire safety officers for it now. I would sacrifice us never winning the charity shield again if that falls through. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Personally I thought anfield was a pretty racist place until we signed John Barnes, then it stopped overnight. Racism was everywhere still in the 80s, I remember monkey chants at Barnes when he 1st signed - I can't remember against who now, just they were in white, I think maybe spurs, whoever it was had about 5 black players themselves. But I'd say by the late 80s, it was dying out. Everton kept it going though. 

Yea, I would agree with most of that though can't remember the Digger stuff.(could be selective memory)

Certainly remember the the Kop with people in gorrila fancy dress when we played WBA with Regis, Cunningham and Batson which was around early 80's I think. Sad times but we did move on.

8 hours ago, Red74 said:

The anxiety’s crippling them on there about the delays with the unicorn getting built. Blaming imaginary fire safety officers for it now. I would sacrifice us never winning the charity shield again if that falls through. 

Not for me. It'll probably bankrupt them. Let it happen.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

I remember when they used to refer to their sponsors NEC as Never Employ C**ns.

Staggering lack of self-awareness.

'Danka' being their sponsors raised a few chuckles amongst reds in the classroom. For no other reason than we were all immature little muppets. 

10 hours ago, Red74 said:

Just had a read of that. It's amazing how half of them all of a sudden become planning application experts, fire safety experts and finance gurus.

They are blaming an imaginary jobsworth fire safety officer who still uses spirit levels and tape measures. Wonder if he's a Kopite.

Think that this may be the real reason:

20200602_201712.jpg

7 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Just had a read of that. It's amazing how half of them all of a sudden become planning application experts, fire safety experts and finance gurus.

They are blaming an imaginary jobsworth fire safety officer who still uses spirit levels and tape measures. Wonder if he's a Kopite.

Think that this may be the real reason:

20200602_201712.jpg

Oh dear. What pity. Never mind.