You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yet they were supposed to be the best team on the planet. Two European Cups with that financial muscle is a very poor return. 

Whatever mate, if you want to make out that Ferguson wasn’t all that as a manager then carry on making an arse of yourself, no skin off my nose

17 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Should have lost to Chelsea in 08 as well. 

We’d have beaten them in 08. I was 1000% convinced of it at the time and still am 12 years later.

The side Barca beat in 09 was, IMO, the best manc side Ferguson had. The side  2011 was well past their best. They had an incredibly easy ride to that final - Rangers, Valencia, Bursaspor in the groups & then Marseille, Chelsea & Schalke in the knockouts. Chelsea was obviously a tough tie but they couldn’t have got a more favourable run to the final than that.

Thankfully they got their arses well and truly handed to them in the Final. 

Compare that to our runs, the way we seem to have to do things the hard way is ridiculous. Last season we had to get past the French, German, Portugese & Spanish champions and the club who finished 2nd in Italy.  

17 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Whatever mate, if you want to make out that Ferguson wasn’t all that as a manager then carry on making an arse of yourself, no skin off my nose

I didnt say he was a bad manager,I just dont believe he was anywhere near the status bestowed on him by his friends in the media. The so called richest team on the planet at the time with many questionable on and off field decisions behind them gave a poor return outside of England for that dominance. It should make you wonder.

• Upvote 2

There’s been a lot of gloating on GOT about the 1989 Arsenal game that was shown on ITV recently. We signed Michael Thomas STRAIGHT after THAT goal (18 months later!) just to make it all about us.......Sooo weird being a Blue, even when the RS sign a player there’s ulterior motives. They accuse us of making everything about us but they literally link everything going on in the World, not just football, to Liverpool FC, from pandemics to global warming, the fucking weird cunts.

The amount of untruths you read on there that get taken as fact is unbelievable. There must be so many cunts that read something off there going round telling people these ‘facts’ it becomes widespread. Pull them up on it and the pitchforks come out saying your just a Redshite. They can’t take being corrected. From Catcher with his ‘forensic’ knowledge of every commercial contract, player contract and high finance that they hang on his every word and pass it all off as fact. CalvinAldi and his mate that’s noticed our performances improve after we’ve met our ‘dealer’ whenever we’ve played in Germany. To SaintDomingo and his proof of corruption at the highest level (he knows an ex ref)  even one of the Mods on there said he knew someone that can prove that the 4-4 game was fixed. All this gets passed off as fact. It’s brilliant. Amuses me greatly. 

Pilks

Pilks

Player Valuation: £1m
When they signed Michael Thomas from Arsenal straight after that goal, it was obvious even then that they were desperately trying to make it all about them, in the hope and belief that he would score many many more decisive goals for them and they could defuse the effect of the Arsenal defeat. No way was it coincidence that they happened to be going in for him anyway. It was to try to make him the 'new Rushie' or something, so he would always be thought of as a 'Kop Legend' instead.

Sorry lads, tell me how that worked out for you again? No really, I have time. I can wait.

15 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

There’s been a lot of gloating on GOT about the 1989 Arsenal game that was shown on ITV recently.

To be fair, they’ll have to resort to digging up defeats from 31 years ago because they’ve fuck all to mock us about at the moment.

Michael Thomas did score a momentous goal for us, that 1992 goal at Wembley is a fucking beauty.

I’m surprised more aren’t gloating about our title celebrations being ruined. If it were the mancs or somebody else who’d waited 30 years for a title winning party & it being ruined the ways ours has, I’d be pissing myself laughing!

26 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

To be fair, they’ll have to resort to digging up defeats from 31 years ago because they’ve fuck all to mock us about at the moment.

Michael Thomas did score a momentous goal for us, that 1992 goal at Wembley is a fucking beauty.

I’m surprised more aren’t gloating about our title celebrations being ruined. If it were the mancs or somebody else who’d waited 30 years for a title winning party & it being ruined the ways ours has, I’d be pissing myself laughing!

The fact that we may well be winning it soon tends to dampen that enthusiasm a tad.

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

There’s been a lot of gloating on GOT about the 1989 Arsenal game that was shown on ITV recently. We signed Michael Thomas STRAIGHT after THAT goal (18 months later!) just to make it all about us.......Sooo weird being a Blue, even when the RS sign a player there’s ulterior motives. They accuse us of making everything about us but they literally link everything going on in the World, not just football, to Liverpool FC, from pandemics to global warming, the fucking weird cunts.

The amount of untruths you read on there that get taken as fact is unbelievable. There must be so many cunts that read something off there going round telling people these ‘facts’ it becomes widespread. Pull them up on it and the pitchforks come out saying your just a Redshite. They can’t take being corrected. From Catcher with his ‘forensic’ knowledge of every commercial contract, player contract and high finance that they hang on his every word and pass it all off as fact. CalvinAldi and his mate that’s noticed our performances improve after we’ve met our ‘dealer’ whenever we’ve played in Germany. To SaintDomingo and his proof of corruption at the highest level (he knows an ex ref)  even one of the Mods on there said he knew someone that can prove that the 4-4 game was fixed. All this gets passed off as fact. It’s brilliant. Amuses me greatly. 

Pilks

Pilks

When they signed Michael Thomas from Arsenal straight after that goal, it was obvious even then that they were desperately trying to make it all about them, in the hope and belief that he would score many many more decisive goals for them and they could defuse the effect of the Arsenal defeat. No way was it coincidence that they happened to be going in for him anyway. It was to try to make him the 'new Rushie' or something, so he would always be thought of as a 'Kop Legend' instead.

Sorry lads, tell me how that worked out for you again? No really, I have time. I can wait.

He reckons we signed a midfielder to be "the new Rushie"?  And we only signed him to get over the hangover of that Arsenal defeat, despite having won the league in the meantime?

Fucking hell. 

We signed Michael Thomas because he was a good player. Not all of our early 90s signings are so easily explained. 

14 hours ago, scudger99 said:

I can't see how any manager who wins 2 European Cups can be dismissed as having a poor record.  He may have been expected to have more considering their dominance domestically, but there can't be that many managers around with 2 European Cup wins to their name.  It's still a massive achievement, but we know a man with 3 on his record.....

Ferguson was a great manager nobody can deny that but unlike the Liverpool side from 76 to 85 we were considered the best side in Europe and were genuinely feared throughout the continent. Utd were never either of those things. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Ferguson was a great manager nobody can deny that but unlike the Liverpool side from 76 to 85 we were considered the best side in Europe and were genuinely feared throughout the continent. Utd were never either of those things. 

Also, a large degree of Ferguson's success was built on four factors most managers don't have:

1.  Endless money, so nobody minds if you spunk a fortune on the occasional dud;

2.  A core group of top class Academy players;

3.  A willingness to be a cunt and bully journalists and referees, threatening to harm their careers, to cow them into giving you favourable treatment; and

4.  A club patient enough to let you start your career with 7 years of failure. 

• Upvote 3

He was good at rebuilding teams, having superstars who were still afraid of him and he was ruthless when players were declining. He also refused to become a dinosaur like certain other managers of his era. Maybe that was down to the coaches he had working for him.

Good manager, that's undeniable but a lot of teams were beaten even before setting foot on the field. Didnt Mick McCarthy drop half his first team against them because they had easier games coming up?. They also had tons of ex Manc managers who doffed their cap to him and let him walk all over them.

I always enjoyed them losing in Europe, it's like the school bully stepping outside his own manor and getting filled in by bigger lads who weren't afraid of him. 

4 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Pilks

Pilks

That's a classic. It's like a lunatic asylum over there. Make something up and as long as it has a dig at Liverpool, you're laughing. 

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I've long forgiven Michael Thomas for 89, I thought he was great player and often stupidly overlooked by Evans in favour of that overrated lass Redknapp!

We'd gone on something like a 20 odd game unbeaten run in 96 with Barnes and Thomas in midfield. Then  Evans decided to fuck about with the midfield  to accommodate Redknapp who'd been injured for the Villa semi which we won but for the rest of the season we just didn't look as solid not as good .

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Stickman said:

We'd gone on something like a 20 odd game unbeaten run in 96 with Barnes and Thomas in midfield. Then  Evans decided to fuck about with the midfield  to accommodate Redknapp who'd been injured for the Villa semi which we won but for the rest of the season we just didn't look as solid not as good .

My 3rd game was the FA Cup 4th round where Barnes played Thomas through to slot home. Beat Villa 1 nil. 

Was complete justice for listening to the Villa bellends on the train from Watford. 

Chanting Handball, Penalty goal from Birmingham right through to Liverpool. 

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

My 3rd game was the FA Cup 4th round where Barnes played Thomas through to slot home. Beat Villa 1 nil. 

Was complete justice for listening to the Villa bellends on the train from Watford. 

Chanting Handball, Penalty goal from Birmingham right through to Liverpool. 

I remember that game brilliant finish in 92 and his cup final goal weren't bad either. 

Michael Thomas was one of the best finishers whenever he was one on one with the keeper. As unfortunately we all know about .