You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

27 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Everton have been so shit for a quarter of a century that “Murderers” and “Goodison is more Scouse than Anfield” is the best bitter and twisted Evertonians can muster. Very, very sad.

This is so true. I used to work with a lovely woman, she was early 30's and a blue. But she had a pathalogical hatered of anything Liverpool. She'd keep work professional although since I wasnt subordinate to her, I dont know how she'd have been if you were a red and had to work for her.

People outside the city just dont get it. They think it's just 'rivalry.' Even the blues overseas fans dont really get it, they just want to be seen as one of the crowd and shout \ post the bile.

Now dont get me wrong, when I was of a certain age I had an intense dislike of manchester united. Wouldnt allow a good word for Best, law and Charlton to pass unchallenged but there was a grudging respect.

Between the Busby years to ferguson stumbling across a group of talented youth players all developing at the same rate and time, united were an utter joke. Frank O Farrell, Wilf McGuiness etc, they were just hopeless.

As ferguson's team went on to dominate, often with dubious help from refs etc, yes, I railled against united. But I never had the pathological hatered towards them that our blue neighbours have for us.

Even if they blame their demise on Heysel, that's a generation ago never mind 6 or 7 completely different teams and managers. The issue isnt us or Heysel, it's right under their nose but they cannot see it. It is their club, how it has been mismanaged both on and off the field. They embrace being as big as a Championship side, only having local (ho, ho!) support then, in the next breath, think they're one move from being the biggest club in the country if not the world.

In short, they're fucking deluded.

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

This is so true. I used to work with a lovely woman, she was early 30's and a blue. But she had a pathalogical hatered of anything Liverpool. She'd keep work professional although since I wasnt subordinate to her, I dont know how she'd have been if you were a red and had to work for her.

People outside the city just dont get it. They think it's just 'rivalry.' Even the blues overseas fans dont really get it, they just want to be seen as one of the crowd and shout \ post the bile.

Now dont get me wrong, when I was of a certain age I had an intense dislike of manchester united. Wouldnt allow a good word for Best, law and Charlton to pass unchallenged but there was a grudging respect.

Between the Busby years to ferguson stumbling across a group of talented youth players all developing at the same rate and time, united were an utter joke. Frank O Farrell, Wilf McGuiness etc, they were just hopeless.

As ferguson's team went on to dominate, often with dubious help from refs etc, yes, I railled against united. But I never had the pathological hatered towards them that our blue neighbours have for us.

Even if they blame their demise on Heysel, that's a generation ago never mind 6 or 7 completely different teams and managers. The issue isnt us or Heysel, it's right under their nose but they cannot see it. It is their club, how it has been mismanaged both on and off the field. They embrace being as big as a Championship side, only having local (ho, ho!) support then, in the next breath, think they're one move from being the biggest club in the country if not the world.

I used to like them. The mad thing is that I feel things only changed in the 90s. I don't recall too much anger from them in the late 80s when they were a proper football club about Heysel. They were still relevant.

They got shit and got bitter. They then became a prostitute playing up to shitty clubs like Chelsea and City who weren't previously in their class either on the pitch or off it, in order to get the pat on the head that they're not like Liverpool and are sound Scousers from the same fans that sing all kinds of shit about the city. Fuck they even played up to the red Mancs when a few years previously, United-Everton was possibly the biggest football security operation outside of the old firm in britain. 

Most blues of a certain age are sound talking about football. They have a civic pride in seeing the other club doing well because they remember when the city was on it's arse. However, some previously sound blues are becoming bitter and that saddens me.

No point talking about their younger fans because they are a breed apart. 

It’s ok that millions died to achieve yet another  “first”

@Catcherintherye

You can pick the odd cup up along the way, but the aim has to be to be the very best. In 1987, we were 2nd in terms of titles won, and first in terms of years we've held the title (21 in total). So it's been a really poor drop off.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I hate Man Utd but at least I respect them. I've read all of Fergusons books and admire how he managed and built 3 winning sides. Try asking a blue if they respect what Klopps done. 

I wouldn't go that far. He was a very good manager but was one game away from the sack and the first manager to get genuine help from the Premier League. They were the first cheats of the new era of football and others just got better at cheating than they did. The money the club,United and then their financial successors,is all relative. This doesn't absolve the modern Everton mentality but as the game has changed they have fallen a million miles behind both on and off the pitch.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I hated United. I didn’t do so with begrudging respect either, I did it with great bias and loathing.

I didn’t blame our Relative shitness on them, though, and I was a kid.

They are all fucking mental. He must not have been in the alehouse on County Road and Colwyn Bay when we lost Real. Put fucking money that prick has a Real shirt. The shithouses either spout their shit behind a monitor or from the middle of a crowd of likeminded cunts. Horrible bastards the lot of them.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I wouldn't go that far. He was a very good manager but was one game away from the sack and the first manager to get genuine help from the Premier League. They were the first cheats of the new era of football and others just got better at cheating than they did. The money the club,United and then their financial successors,is all relative. This doesn't absolve the modern Everton mentality but as the game has changed they have fallen a million miles behind both on and off the pitch.

He was a great manager for Aberdeen and Manchester United. I don’t buy the help from the Premier League and referees conspiracy stuff, which is Evertonian-esque, in my opinion. That said, I barely give him a second thought, nowadays, unless I see him mentioned on here.

Didn't United win their first title having spent way more money than anybody with the most expensive football team assembled their first title someone like Norwich and villa were runners up and then mid table the year after and even lower the year after that. The idea Liverpool are only winning because everyone else is shit was pretty much the case for United in the 90s until Wengers Arsenal they had no billionaire team to compete against in fact as soon as Abramovich turned up and another side could compete at their level financially for individual top quality players domination waned.

I'm not diminishing their achievements any more than they currently diminish ours. Ferguson built a title winning side and had the means to replace weak cogs with the best money could buy, he didn't build team after team his first side just evolved piece by piece due to great management and being able to buy the best players. He was an exceptional football manager one of the absolute greatest but let's not pretend it was some golden era of British football sides and it was so much harder for United back then than it is now or any other time, it's bullshit.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

It’s ok that millions died to achieve yet another  “first”

@Catcherintherye

You can pick the odd cup up along the way, but the aim has to be to be the very best. In 1987, we were 2nd in terms of titles won, and first in terms of years we've held the title (21 in total). So it's been a really poor drop off.

Fucking embarrassing that some of their fans use that as a genuine statistic, as if for the whole WWII period they were undefeated rather than there being no footy on. If the CL is called off this year I just don't see any reds trying to claim we've held the European Cup for 7 years and trying to nudge us ahead of Milan. You measure trophies on how many times you go out and win them, not by how many days you had to wait until you handed them back. I know it's been a while for them but still.

• Upvote 2