You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They should have released a song for the occasion.

Only 25 years from Trophies - Gene Pitney. 

In the year 1995 - Evans & Zagreb.

Too much to young - Specials. For any Blues in their youth at the time. 

They should adapt the Willie Nelson classic.

Now the years have turned to silver

All my life I've loved in vain

I have watched the Redshite heaven

Blue eyes crying in the rain. 

6 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

I love in that assessment of  the combined wealth of the two sugar daddys that he hasn't managed to come up with one single shred of evidence to back up his claims that they have or are about to pour unlimited funds into a mid table ( at best ) football club .

I suppose that level of optimism is the last vestiges of the desperate. 

Going back 11 years, the club with the richest owners in England - possibly the world - wasn't Man City or Chelsea; it was QPR.  Lakshmi Mittal joined Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore, giving the club's owners a combined wealth of £22 billion, at a time when you could buy Cristiano Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso and Carlos Tevez for a combined £135 million - less than 0.5% of the owners' wealth.

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/qpr-now-worlds-richest-club-22bn-161376#popup-sso

Of course, we all know what happened next - QPR bought all the world's best players, built a magnificent new stadium and established dominance over England and Europe for the next decade or more.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

9m a season kit deal with Hummels. Another huge deal.

It's a really savvy move- less money to lose if there's a worldwide catastrophe. All those clubs with massive kit deals and sponsorships are fucked.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Upvote 5

£9m a year? I think that's about what we were getting when Adidas took over from Reebok. The club's recent turnover was £180-190m, so around about what we were making under the tumours. Basically, they are now pulling in the sort of numbers we were getting more than a decade ago, and unlike with us, almost 75p in every pound they make comes from the PL's television deal.

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Seen that round before mate, it's just a design done by some arse on the net somewhere. They've binned Sportpesa as main sponsor!

It was obviously a fake from the off, I mean c’mon, where’s the Angry Birds advertisement?

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

It's a really savvy move- less money to lose if there's a worldwide catastrophe. All those clubs with massive kit deals and sponsorships are fucked.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity - Find & Share on GIPHY

Funny, I love that GIF. 

Alternatively, although there will be a lot of un-employed & furloughed, there will also be a lot of people who won’t be spending anywhere near as much money in lockdown as they used to do and will have a significant surplus come the new shirt arrivals. 

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

CatcherInTheRye is currently working on an argument to prove that  £70m is less than  £9m.

Ours is £30m base, the rest is in assumed sales. 

I can only imagine it’s using the same maths that shows we wouldn’t win the league this season. 

13 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

CatcherInTheRye is currently working on an argument to prove that  £70m is less than  £9m.

We only get the 70 million if we win all our games by 3 or more goals and Mane and Salah have to start every game and can't be subbed off or it takes a chunk out of the money. Also Nike have insisted that all the squad wear nike boots so lots of the players with boot deals with other brands have asked their agents to find them other clubs. 

26 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That £70m is only if they sell over 100m shirts worldwide in the first 3 months, win the league next season (which we all know they never will) and crucially they have to sell more than us in Liverpool as well to get that money...Nike have identified the home city market as absolutely key and the RS will never sell more shirts here than us, so they are fucked.

They'll get about 10% tops of that 70m based on assumed sales and therefore be getting less than us and a lot less than Man Utd and Man City and even Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham.....their deal is worth in real terms about the same as Sheffield United's.