You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Theh love patting themselves on the back over non football stuff don't they. One blue I know always shares videos of Big Dunc knocking round to someone's house to have a cup of tea with them.

Today he's shared a story about the club refunding the fans their last 5 home games and makes out that it is just Everton that has done it "proud of my club etc"  Liverpool did it a few weeks back as well as most of the Premier League. 

‘ nah dat neverapend lad, de charged dem double lad ‘

• Upvote 1

Fuck me pink, I’ve been browsing this thread today so looked on GOT for the first time in donkeys years, one of the first posts I came across was some hideous individual saying that if Klopp or some RS gets the virus and dies it will serve them right..The place is a cesspit and that club genuinely has some utterly vile people following it.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Fuck me pink, I’ve been browsing this thread today so looked on GOT for the first time in donkeys years, one of the first posts I came across was some hideous individual saying that if Klopp or some RS gets the virus and dies it will serve them right..The place is a cesspit and that club genuinely has some utterly vile people following it.

Oh yes, the competition to prove who hates Liverpool more is continuously gathering pace on that site.

42 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

They get away with saying anything at all about us, the more horrible the more ‘likes’ they get, but say ‘shit’ or ‘fuck’ and you get a warning. The fucking weird gobshites. 

52 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

There was a similar comment on here a few pages back, but it was instantly pulled up and the poster apologised.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

The latest musings from Catcher................ he’s not obsessed though. Apparently WE have this bizarre view that our finances are ok!!! What’s more bizarre is that they think they’ll come out of this crisis stronger than everyone else despite their wage/turnover ratio the highest in the league at 85% and their recent record annual losses. Think their thinking behind that is their match day revenue is shocking anyway so won’t be losing much by playing BCD in comparison to us. Then their kit deal has expired, so I would have thought, in the present climate, they’re not gonna be getting an improved one. They’ll be losing (at the very least) 15%of them revenues Which means Moshi and Uncle Uzzy stumping up millions of their stash each week just to pay wages. 

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Whip round for the reds transfer kitty for next season :hayee:

I mean they are half right. Their loss of gate receipt income will be massive. On top of that factor in merchandise down, sponsorship down (or possibly gone)and they are in a big hole.

As for his proposal, in all honesty most of their fans are just not that committed. They don't have 1 million real fans anyway. A lot of the hanger on's are from countries where 9 quid a month would be a massive sum of money and wont be paid. For the southern wealthier reds, once it hits the fan they will just bulk and go back to rugby again. Even their loyaler local fans, almost all of them are telling him to sling it. IN fact not a single one said it's a good idea, lets go for it.

They seem to have this bizarre view that they are in a great financial situation. It's almost like all the propaganda they've been filling their heads with means they can't compute the truth when it's staring them in the eyes. Brilliant if you ask me, and I genuinely hope the calls for FSG to put back in the money they've taken out get amplified. This is how it all started with H & G.

The truth is, FSG have not taken any money out, yet. They will be now though, to help cover their own risk on the debt and also help them stabilise in America. If their fans are already happy with FSG, then they won't like whats to come.

I'd be ringing alarm bells if it were us, with that ownership. The net spend fiction is exactly this. They report highest sales and lowest spend, pay agents massively etc to make it look like they are making lots of money. Essentially they are not. Look at the last accounts, £100+m on "other expenses" and a large portion of this is favourable agents fees etc. Then look at their transfer due in and about, there is a £60m gap for 2019 alone. Yet there net spend guff tells us they spend no money.

Essentially they game the system to look more profitable. The problem is, their fans are sheep and lap it all up, so then get very angry where their very simplistic, without nuance world view gets challenged toys go massively out of the pram.

I'm no financial expert so I'm just guessing here.

I would think that a club who are reigning European, World and English champions (elect) may just have a better financial background, only guessing like.

One team currently the best team in the world. Record profit, global fan base, huge sponsorship and commercial contracts. Great transfer record. Improved stadium, further improvements to come, squad worth a fortune. 

One team mid table dross, in record debt, parochial fan base and Rhyl, recently begging for sponsors, poor commercial value. Awful transfer record, cannot sell players on huge contracts, huge transfer fees on poor players. Still begging for a stadium after 30 years. 

The only way the two teams match in anyway is the manager and Ancellotti is on the way out. These are his pension.

Which team comes out of this crisis best, the team with massive income and a large wage bill or the team with fuck all income and a huge wage bill.

The Evertonian answer to this post?  Merrrrrderrrrers!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 14/05/2020 at 13:16, Bellflower said:

They contacted me and have already offered designs with the whole Swissx logo in blue, which I’m not crazy about, but it will look nice.”

“When I first came to England, everybody was supporting Man United and Liverpool, and everybody was red,” he added. “Being contrary, I liked blue and I liked the logo so randomly I selected Everton to support. So it’s sort of a mystical come around.”

The drugs don't work................

Yet as much as he loved blue he made his company logo red. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Does he not realise that all teams are missing gate revenue? Cathcherintherye is sucking on crack pipes 

Gate receipts will hit big clubs much harder, because the corporate seats are fucking massive. Isn't our match day income something like 4 times theirs? 

But next season isn't sorted yet, I think there's every chance they'll negotiate some type of ppv to make up for gate receipts on games not selected by sky and bt. That will pay for us, although we'll get less games to do it in. 

30 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Gate receipts will hit big clubs much harder

The number might be greater for some clubs but I would be surprised if it represents a larger percentage portion of actual revenue for us - or City/United for instance. The TV money and the sponsors are far more.

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

“ Born in the Lock Up lad, brought up only eating Everton Mints, named after the ground, season ticket holder in the upper cess pit, once ate a Koppite but puked him up because he didn’t taste bitter ‘

Ha ha. They are just a bunch of try hard cunts.

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The number might be greater for some clubs but I would be surprised if it represents a larger percentage portion of actual revenue for us - or City/United for instance. The TV money and the sponsors are far more.

I'm not sure about percentage of turnover - my memory isn't too good, but I think our last accounts showed a little over 500m turnover and about 85m if that was match day revenue. That 500m included a run to the CL final (match day and TV), so it's probably fair to assume we've not had a good 3 months. 

12 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I'm not sure about percentage of turnover - my memory isn't too good, but I think our last accounts showed a little over 500m turnover and about 85m if that was match day revenue. That 500m included a run to the CL final (match day and TV), so it's probably fair to assume we've not had a good 3 months. 

The 85m would have included that run too. 

Pretty sure I had read that we would be near breaking even without any one in the stands as we are. You get what, half on 85m for winning the league. The least of our worries is the gate.

Pretty sure Everton would be worse off, that is the discussion.