You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

This Saudi group buying Newcastle have so much money building a stadium would be like us spending a tenner. They're not in this for finance it's for PR and the fact they can.

Same with the mob who bought City though. I'm pretty sure they went for them rather than say us or Everton because they'd just been given a brand new stadium. 

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

This Saudi group buying Newcastle have so much money building a stadium would be like us spending a tenner. They're not in this for finance it's for PR and the fact they can.

But they already have a decent stadium with a 50k plus capacity and can actually pump money into the club. I'd also hazard a guess that even though Newcastle havent won anything for way longer than Evert-none,they are a bigger brand due to frequent media stories about their cunt of an owner and a recent manager with multiple European competition wins on his CV. Newcastle are a bigger brand simply by sharing a successful former manager with us!

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Still, it's half a billion quid you'd rather not spend if you didn't have to.  Newcastle have already got a big stadium, so if you had to choose between one of two mid-table nonentities, the Toon it is.

(Also, I wonder if there's an element of Saudis not wanting to do business with an Iranian?  Maybe not: money is money, after all.)

19 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

Mate of mine supports Newcastle and goes to a lot of away games.

He went to Goodison for the first time a couple of years ago besides generally calling it a shit hole the other standout comment for me was "have they never heard of Bradford" in reference to the quantity of lumber he saw. 

Of course they've heard of Bradford, how could any Evertonian forget the team who prevented Liverpool qualifying for the Champions League on the last day of the 99-00 season.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:
The Kult demands that even if the RS play their remaining games, behind closed doors at Analfield, thousands will still turn up outside.

Where they see fanaticism, the rest of the world sees irresponsibility and stupidity.
I see murderers.

They've killed people in the past, they've just killed people again by proxy with their enthusiasm for "a magical European night at anfield," and they are actively campaigning for more lives to be sacrificed so they can hang ribbons on a cup.

Murdering scum.

An abortion of a football club that should have had it's womb coat hangered at its conception and a following of the worst examples that humanity has to offer, social cripples and beastial sexual offenders every one of them.

Anyone care to guess which team won the league in 1915 when literally millions were dying in war in Europe? Or indeed, which team won the post war Lancashire league in 1919, during which, 228,000 people had died with the flu epidemic in the uk?

2 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Anyone care to guess which team won the league in 1915 when literally millions were dying in war in Europe? Or indeed, which team won the post war Lancashire league in 1919, during which, 228,000 people had died with the flu epidemic in the uk?

Thems the black and white days though so it doesnt count. 

24 minutes ago, kemskem said:

I wonder what they’d say if they were in the bottom 3 at the moment while they were planning BCD games. Would they still occupy the moral high ground?

The authorities would have to make sure they can't, by locking the doors there too.

When the league does resume it will be interesting to see how many of their moral high ground contingent comment on either the game or us, seeing as even thinking about football at such a time is disgraceful. 

No doubt GOT etc will be comment free for 24 hours, as wanting your team to win, especially against murdering RS who care about football above people dying, is morally reprehensible.

5 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

If you know your history eh?

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

When the league does resume it will be interesting to see how many of their moral high ground contingent comment on either the game or us, seeing as even thinking about football at such a time is disgraceful. 

No doubt GOT etc will be comment free for 24 hours, as wanting your team to win, especially against murdering RS who care about football above people dying, is morally reprehensible.

I don’t think it would come to that because they’d have convinced the club not to take part and take automatic relegation.

They contacted me and have already offered designs with the whole Swissx logo in blue, which I’m not crazy about, but it will look nice.”

“When I first came to England, everybody was supporting Man United and Liverpool, and everybody was red,” he added. “Being contrary, I liked blue and I liked the logo so randomly I selected Everton to support. So it’s sort of a mystical come around.”

The drugs don't work................

3 minutes ago, Bellflower said:

They contacted me and have already offered designs with the whole Swissx logo in blue, which I’m not crazy about, but it will look nice.”

“When I first came to England, everybody was supporting Man United and Liverpool, and everybody was red,” he added. “Being contrary, I liked blue and I liked the logo so randomly I selected Everton to support. So it’s sort of a mystical come around.”

BITTERsweet 

2 hours ago, Bellflower said:

Where - and who - is that quote from?

Hopefully bitter twats like @Catherintherye don’t see this in The Mirror or he’ll have a meltdown..

Everton

Stance: Keen to return

A number of players have spoken on the relaxed nature of the always unflappable Carlo Ancelotti and how he's proven a help during lockdown.

The Italian spoke in April to declare little was more important than following Government guidelines, while players and club bosses have phoned long-time supporters to help raise spirits in the community. 

Club chiefs have given little away about their stance on returning, but financially the club faces major issues if the season doesn't return; last season's turnover to wage ratio stood at 85 percent and they would stand to lose at least £43million if the season is stopped - on top of any other losses due to transfer spending/salaries etc already accumulated this term.

The club's overseas players returned to the UK last week as they prepare to return to training.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/20-premier-league-clubs-stances-22020828.amp?__twitter_impression=true

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Where - and who - is that quote from?

Greek billionaire Alki David, whose cannabis company is considering sponsoring Everton.

Everton have had plenty of alkies before, so he should fit in well there.