You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

23 minutes ago, Remmie said:

If that happened they'd still be annoying gobshite fans that support Man City instead of Everton.

Long live Everton and the guaranteed 6 points a season I say

Yeah but they'd be replaced by someone like West Brom who won't save all their energy up for 2 games a season. Plus if they didnt win the next derby you could laugh forever and say its x amount of years since they won a derby.

On 07/05/2020 at 15:40, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

‘ you can’t give Liverpool the league they have not won it yet, the integrity of the league is at stake. Teams should not be relegated though, that does not affect the integrity, because we may still go down ‘

Wouldn't it be funny after all their null and void though if the league comes back and they went down. I know they won't, but fucking hell, would I laugh. 

12 hours ago, Remmie said:

If that happened they'd still be annoying gobshite fans that support Man City instead of Everton.

Or maybe even Spurs....Coming up to the one year anniversary.

The replies on the thread show how utterly pointless they are

Poor old Tony Scott showing his arse .....

So it's fair for Liverpool to play 'arguably' their two toughest fixtures away (EFC & MCFC) at neutral venues now having had home advantage earlier on in the season?

4nI78XAy_bigger.jpg

Liverpool haven’t lost at Goodison Park in a decade.

You've won once at Goodison Park in the past nine years! You can twist stats whichever way you like. If you've won one match in nine at a particular stadium, I'd say that was a tough fixture which was my original point.

Twice - and in one of those games Klopp went with Solanke up front at Goodison (along with assorted others) because it preceded a Champions League quarter final second at City, which Liverpool won.

COiYvz2B_bigger.jpg

There's been six draws from the previous seven derbies at Goodison, Simon. If it's such an easy three points for you then why isn't there a run of seven wins on the spin? Blaming Dominic Solanke for all of them?

4nI78XAy_bigger.jpg

In the context of this season, given the ability of this team as well as their record over the last ten years in the derby, I’d back Liverpool strongly at Goodison Park to secure at least one of the six points they need to seal the title.

COiYvz2B_bigger.jpg

Of course you'd back Liverpool. They're a better team. You don't need a UEFA Pro Licence to work that out. That wasn't my point though was it? It's the fact tougher away matches are being removed to a neutral venue.

4nI78XAy_bigger.jpg

Can understand the debate around this issue but surely it is better not to use Liverpool as a basis of any argument to show how a team has had it easier...when they’ve already wiped away more or less all before them anyway.

I used Liverpool as the argument as two of their tougher away fixtures may be at a neutral venue now having already played them at home. I could easily use Aston Villa as an example too as they have 6 home games left. Neutral venue fair for them too is it?

4nI78XAy_bigger.jpg

Not particularly. But then, I didn’t think it was fair that Spurs had to play every game away from home for nearly two seasons then were allowed to switch to their new ground part-way through a campaign.

COiYvz2B_bigger.jpg

Throwing Spurs into the argument now as their ground was getting built? If you don't see the point I'm making, its pointless having this conversation with you. You're original 'dig' on here was Goodison Park isn't such a difficult place to go for your club. Sound

4nI78XAy_bigger.jpg

There is a comparison to be made. You can’t just ignore it because it’s inconvenient. For what it’s worth, I don’t like the idea of neutral venues and think the authorities should try harder to try and ensure a more natural course, like in Germany, Spain and (possibly) Italy.

COiYvz2B_bigger.jpg

You don't like the idea? Could have fooled me. I raised a point about it being unfair for teams losing home advantage and your dig at Goodison being such an easy place to go for Liverpool was poor IMO and the last 7 derbies at Goodison tells you that isn't the case.

4nI78XAy_bigger.jpg

Nowhere have I written it is ‘such an easy place to go.’ Point I’ve already made is, you’d back Liverpool to get at least a point at Goodison. In the context of this whole conversation about fairness and probabilities there are stronger arguments involving other clubs.

COiYvz2B_bigger.jpg

You knew what you were saying which riled some Evertonians on here. You were trying be smart raising the issue that Liverpool haven't lost at Goodison in a decade when I was raising the point about teams losing home advantage if played at NV. Thought you were better than that.

4nI78XAy_bigger.jpg

You’re second guessing my thoughts according to your own bias when I’ve explained my points repeatedly and clearly. Thought you weren’t so precious!

COiYvz2B_bigger.jpg

You knew what you were saying at your own bias. Trying to be smart with the 'We've not lost at Goodison Park in a decade' comment when all I was doing was raising the point about home advantage being lost at NV. For someone who actually covers Everton there wasn't a need for it.

Sorry dad.

Evertonians are so transparent they should have no say. They have nothing to win, little to lose they have no horse in this race other than being absolutely desperate to prevent Liverpool winning the league. It's their only reason.

What the fuck Ancelotti is doing there I don't know. It's like salma Hayek fucking Dean Gaffney.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It really is pathetic now, we need six points from 9 games, yet they are using us as an example of gaining an advantage to argue against neutral grounds. 

For these people, who care about lose of life above all else, playing at neutral grounds makes the most sense. 

Safer environment for players/staff. Less chance of people turning up outside their teams stadium. Neutral grounds will help reduce the loss of additional lives.

It is almost like they are using it as an excuse and have an alternative motive, but surely not these selfless angels.

4 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

My memory is shit so I welcome the opportunity they give me to think, fuckin hell, a year ago?

Surely they have some gardening to do.

Has Carlo Ancelotti now realised what he's let himself in for yet? He's probably thinking that the reason hardly anybody has heard of Everton is that even the fans of his team are obsessed with their city rivals too. 

Can remember Fabio Capello saying about Roma as a club saying their mentality was shit after they won the scudetto in 2001 all they wanted to do was sit back and go on about it rather than want to win it another couple of times.

Carlo Ancelotti must be wondering about Evertons mentality, especially as they have won fuck all for years yet still think they are a big club but act like small time cunts.

Maybe he's just there for the money and doesnt really care. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Has Carlo Ancelotti now realised what he's let himself in for yet? He's probably thinking that the reason hardly anybody has heard of Everton is that even the fans of his team are obsessed with their city rivals too. 

Runs throughout that club to be fair.

Everything about them is US

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Can remember Fabio Capello saying about Roma as a club saying their mentality was shit after they won the scudetto in 2001 all they wanted to do was sit back and go on about it rather than want to win it another couple of times.

Carlo Ancelotti must be wondering about Evertons mentality, especially as they have won fuck all for years yet still think they are a big club but act like small time cunts.

Maybe he's just there for the money and doesnt really care. 

But they had nets and under soil heating first. If you can't rest on your laurels after that, then there's just no point in innovating.

8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

But they had nets and under soil heating first. If you can't rest on your laurels after that, then there's just no point in innovating.

They actually have all this on the walls of their stands. Also used to put it on the side of buses.

They are just odd. Ancelotti has managed Milan, Juventus, Real Madrid, Chelsea and PSG. It's like Leonardo Di Caprio playing a paramedic in Coronation street now. 

• Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They actually have all this on the walls of their stands. Also used to put it on the side of buses.

They are just odd. Ancelotti has managed Milan, Juventus, Real Madrid, Chelsea and PSG. It's like Leonardo Di Caprio playing a paramedic in Coronation street now. 

Hahaha. Yeah, I've seen the lists of their firsts. Whatever marketing wonk thought to publicise them must be a RS, it just makes them look even more irrelevant.