You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

If we had a list like that, imagine what we would have to leave off?  I dont think they would be mentioned at all either 

And this from a couple of decades we wouldn't really call our greatest.

Great nights like Besiktas 8-0 or the Champions League QF against Arsenal or most of our Derby wins probably wouldn't make the cut.

9 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

And this from a couple of decades we wouldn't really call our greatest.

Great nights like Besiktas 8-0 or the Champions League QF against Arsenal or most of our Derby wins probably wouldn't make the cut.

I do think Origi in the 96th minute makes the top 10. That was great fun.

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Why are Evertonians arsed about the 2020-21 season? They have their best manager since Howard Kendall, possibly Harry Catterick, but pound to a pinch of shite, they still won’t win anything.

They are Carlo’s pension top up, they won’t attract any top players unless they are past it and then they will cost big wages which they would struggle to pay.

They’re talking Coutinho and Bale, more likely Moshiri would cash-in and bail.

35 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I've seen that loads of times and never really minded it to be honest.  Anyone around in 1995 will have seen loads of our fans more than happy to lose on that final day against Blackburn.

Ah, it's all good fun all right - as is reminding Class and Dignity FC about it.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, aws said:

We managed to ruin even their greatest moment when we got that fifth spot and then  qualified for the group stages. 

That was the funniest.  I remember talking to a husband of a work colleague the weekend after we'd been allowed in the 1st qualifying round and he was furious.  Absolutely beside himself with rage.  i even said to him that he did know that we weren't taking Evertons place?  It didn't matter. It was the biggest disgrace ever (despite it being the only season ever where the winner didn't automatically get a place) and totally overtook his happiness at Everton being in the CL for the first time in, what was it, 35 years or something?

They always complain that they had to face a team from a strong league in their CL qualifier while we got part-time cloggers. They conveniently forget that our season started in July and we had 3 rounds of qualifiers to get through, plus the UEFA Super Cup. They also conveniently forget that they were themselves a team of cloggers at the time, who managed to get battered in Romania and got 2 men sent off in the home derby. Whatever uplift our European performances gave to England's UEFA coeffiecient was well and truly counter-balanced by their ineptitude.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That, Gary Mac and probably the 2012 semi-final would be the only way they would feature in our list.

We feature in 5 or 6 of their 19 "greatest moments".

Depends on the definition of moment, is the treble in 2001 a moment? To be a moment you have to never tiring of seeing it, it has to be able to lift your mood just by thinking about it, it qualifies for all of the above. Its an hilarious goal, the timing, the opposition, the location, importance, it was just perfect.

Istanbul will win, Madrid will be 2nd, the treble third, everything else is just filling space in the top 10 so we may as well have him there.

I’ve had two of them today fuming that: -

a) the FAPL are so far up our arse that they’ll put people’s lives at risk to ensure we win the title or

b) we should do the honourable and moral thing and make the FAPL’s life easier by telling them we are withdrawing from this seasons title race. It’s the right thing to do.

Accompanying these observations were the backup facts that if it was City, it’d been called off weeks ago, had we not insisted in playing Atletico, fewer people would’ve died.

Also, every other league in Europe are voiding their seasons so we should too.(?)

They’re starting to fray around the edges I think.