You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Mate, have a read of this thread. 

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/world-class-players.110059/

Their 80s team were really good. Nev was arguably the best keeper in the world and Reid, Sheedy and Linekar were all excellent. Having said that neither Reid or Sheedy would have bettered our midfield, which shows you how good it was back then and linekar was a poor man's rushy. Sharp was a good player to be fair.

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yet they are walking themselves into a frenzy over that Sharp interview in the echo..... the Blooos. Im sure the sports segments and SSN are there to report on the deaths, not, you know.. the sport. Never change you fucking gimps

LEONARD

Player Valuation: £50m
Sky is becoming as bad as the Red Echo, as regards as reporting any old cack, as long as it is RS related.

Over 11, 000 deaths in the UK, and this morning they report that Klopp is moaning that he misses seeing his players for training.

Sheer class as always.

An "Everton legend" chatting shit about voiding the season is both brilliant and newsworthy. 

A football manager saying that he misses the normality of his working routine, on the other hand, is sick and disgusting and typical of the RS meeerrderrers.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I have the same bias but I do think there’s one genuine reason for it. I’m mixed as to whether I agree with it or not - sometimes I think i do - but the reason would be this...

this whole thing has been an extraordinarily horrible affair and consigning this whole year to history and starting afresh gives people a chance to move forward.

as I say, sometimes I think that’s right. 

There's two questions there.

The first is whether or not to continue the season.  The second is how to enact whatever you decide. 

If the first decision is to stop the season now, there are then options about how to decide issues of prize money and (more importantly) European places and relegation/promotion for 2020/21.  Pretending that this season never happened  - as suggested by nobheads like the ironically-named tub of guts in the Echo - is by far the least sensible option. 

18 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yet they are walking themselves into a frenzy over that Sharp interview in the echo..... the Blooos. Im sure the sports segments and SSN are there to report on the deaths, not, you know.. the sport. Never change you fucking gimps

LEONARD

Player Valuation: £50m
Sky is becoming as bad as the Red Echo, as regards as reporting any old cack, as long as it is RS related.

Over 11, 000 deaths in the UK, and this morning they report that Klopp is moaning that he misses seeing his players for training.

Sheer class as always.

After the head of WHO universally praised Klopp’s comments when it all kicked off and said he couldn’t have said it better himself.

Why isn’t Klopp allowed to miss seeing his players? Why isn’t a sports channel allowed to comment on sporting news, which there is little of at the moment?

I know I’m pushing at an open door here but that’s utterly ludicrous and beyond bonkers.

Utter fucking cunts 

Trying to talk about Hillsborough and the value of human life. What absolute hypocrites.

What is it these thick cunts on GOT don't understand? It's been stated, quite clearly, on many occasions, that PL clubs want the season to be finished. Obviously, Liverpool fans do, but that's not in any way outside the accepted opinion that's going around at the minute. Even yesterday, Hodgson, who could have an axe to grind against Liverpool and whose club wouldn't in any way be negatively affected by any cancellation of the season, said the same thing. Yet the way these cunts are going on you'd think everyone was saying "cancel the season" and Liverpool fans all over the globe are kicking off about it. Thick, deluded, nasty, hypocritical, spiteful little cunts. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Golden Eel said:

What is it these thick cunts on GOT don't understand? It's been stated, quite clearly, on many occasions, that PL clubs want the season to be finished. Obviously, Liverpool fans do, but that's not in any way outside the accepted opinion that's going around at the minute. Even yesterday, Hodgson, who could have an axe to grind against Liverpool and whose club wouldn't in any way be negatively affected by any cancellation of the season, said the same thing. Yet the way these cunts are going on you'd think everyone was saying "cancel the season" and Liverpool fans all over the globe are kicking off about it. Thick, deluded, nasty, hypocritical, spiteful little cunts. 

Absolutely. 

1 fella on there earlier said that if they void it then Everton will get European football with City (supposedly) banned from Europe. I'm not sure if that would even be the case. If they had mad their main reason for the season being voided about them getting into Europe then fine. Its the first time I've heard any of them mention it though. They are desperate to laugh at us losing the title over this. We are evil for wanting the season finished (when its safe) yet they are using this as a stick to beat us. Completely lacking in any self-awareness. 

I blame their mothers for staying with their husbands. Only so many beatings a female body can take when pregnant I assume. 

Joking aside, when the fuck did it all turn sour. I still sometimes have a good conversation with Everton fans when over about football. But if the general consensus from that site is anything to go by it won't be long before that's impossible anymore. I've met Mancs that are far more sensible. Had a brilliant conversation with a Manc fan before the Derby where Maureen was sacked a couple of years ago at the park. Had a chat with him in the hotel bar the night before, balls on that guy for mingling at the pub aswell, he even had a scarf on under his jacket, albeit he was from Cardiff so that's probably why he had those stones. About my age mid to late forties, sound as anyone about his football and a proud United suppporter. Cared about his club without disrespecting what we've done in our history. To me that's what football is about, I can understand kicking a fuss in your youth, we all did that I guess. but grown men acting like a bunch of rabid dogs out of jealousy is beyond me. I'll talk football with anyone whomever they support as long as it is a sensible conversation over a pint or two. Usually you can take the piss with most decent people over their club and vice versa if people have half a brain. Judging from the bits on here from GoT having a pint with one of them and having a conversation about football seems as likely as me giving it to a prime Jennifer Aniston.