You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I don’t know why anyone bothers asking the question to be honest. Anyone Liverpool affiliated is going to say finish the league or call it a day and keep current standings, anyone who has nothing to play for or is Everton /Manc is going to say void it.

My personal view is that you play to the end of this season and then start the next one whenever needed and I’m unsure of the arguments against that. I also wouldn’t want to be handed it now without playing it out.

My other feeling is that there could just as easily be a second wave of the virus in winter and for all we know every year. Are we going to be constantly thinking the league being cancelled is going to be a factor? How long before people lose interest?

Don't clubs receive prize money depending on where they finish? Logically, if the season is voided that doesn't get paid. 

But it's bollocks, anyway.  There are 9 matchdays left. That could be compressed into 5 weeks, when games restart. Finishing this season is still the most sensible option. 

• Upvote 1

No matter how hard I try to be relatively objective, I'm well aware that when speaking about football I have a natural pro-Liverpool bias. But try as I might, I cannot think of a single genuine justification for cancelling the current season at this point other than 'Liverpool won't win it, think of the bantz'.

Liverpool supporters are being accused of not caring about people dying, when it seems like we are the only ones not actually putting football rivalry above everything else. I have not seen a single Liverpool supporter say anything other than we need to wait and see whether the situation becomes clearer at some point in the next month or so. What is the reasoning for doing anything else?

• Upvote 3

He is playing up to his moronic fans with that comment. Voiding it or restarting in went safe makes zero fucking difference whatsoever part from the honours available. If we were 25 points off the top and they were in with a shot at Europe they would be the exact opposite. Scruffy little wankers. 

Yet they are walking themselves into a frenzy over that Sharp interview in the echo..... the Blooos. Im sure the sports segments and SSN are there to report on the deaths, not, you know.. the sport. Never change you fucking gimps

LEONARD

Player Valuation: £50m
Sky is becoming as bad as the Red Echo, as regards as reporting any old cack, as long as it is RS related.

Over 11, 000 deaths in the UK, and this morning they report that Klopp is moaning that he misses seeing his players for training.

Sheer class as always.

58 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yet they are walking themselves into a frenzy over that Sharp interview in the echo..... the Blooos. Im sure the sports segments and SSN are there to report on the deaths, not, you know.. the sport. Never change you fucking gimps

LEONARD

Sky is becoming as bad as the Red Echo, as regards as reporting any old cack, as long as it is RS related.

Over 11, 000 deaths in the UK, and this morning they report that Klopp is moaning that he misses seeing his players for training.

Sheer class as always.

Sitting here trying to visualise just how classless Sky Sports News' coverage of coronavirus would be, and it isn't pretty. Imagine the Jim White approach?

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

Sitting here trying to visualise just how classless Sky Sports News' coverage of coronavirus would be, and it isn't pretty. Imagine the Jim White approach?

"News reaching us from Fazakerley Hospital and it looks like a Chambermaid has been shit on by a seagull" 

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Klopp misses his players.

Mourinho meets his players at a public park for training.

If Ancelotti had said he was missing his players and SSN reported it they'd all be singing "Quando, Quando, Quango" at each other out their cars and in the queue for the Asda. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

LEONARD

Sheer class as always.

But Evertonians always complain that Heysel robbed them of winning the European cup in 1986 and make flags about people who have died to point score.

3 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

No matter how hard I try to be relatively objective, I'm well aware that when speaking about football I have a natural pro-Liverpool bias. But try as I might, I cannot think of a single genuine justification for cancelling the current season at this point other than 'Liverpool won't win it, think of the bantz'.

Liverpool supporters are being accused of not caring about people dying, when it seems like we are the only ones not actually putting football rivalry above everything else. I have not seen a single Liverpool supporter say anything other than we need to wait and see whether the situation becomes clearer at some point in the next month or so. What is the reasoning for doing anything else?

I have the same bias but I do think there’s one genuine reason for it. I’m mixed as to whether I agree with it or not - sometimes I think i do - but the reason would be this...

this whole thing has been an extraordinarily horrible affair and consigning this whole year to history and starting afresh gives people a chance to move forward.

as I say, sometimes I think that’s right. 

• Upvote 1

Was Graeme Sharp actually any good?. Or is he an Everton legend because he scored that volley in the derby.

From what little I can remember of him all he ever used to do was moan at referees the whole game. In the 1986 FA Cup final he fell over with one of our defenders then sprinted after the ref screaming at him for a penalty even though none of his team mates appealed.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Was Graeme Sharp actually any good?. Or is he an Everton legend because he scored that volley in the derby.

From what little I can remember of him all he ever used to do was moan at referees the whole game. In the 1986 FA Cup final he fell over with one of our defenders then sprinted after the ref screaming at him for a penalty even though none of his team mates appealed.

Duncan Ferguson is an Everton legend for scoring a goal against us and grabbing Steffen Freund around the neck 

28 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

He was a decent player, excellent at backing in and conning refs.

• Upvote 1