You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Joe Anderson doesn’t believe coronavirus will impact Everton Bramley-Moore Dock stadium build

There have been fears that coronavirus will slow down the build of Everton's new stadium on Bramley-Moore dock

Mayor Joe Anderson does not believe the outbreak of coronavirus will have any major impact on Everton's hopes of building a new stadium.

The Blues submitted a detailed planning application to construct a new home at Bramley-Moore Dock before Christmas and it was made available to the public last month.

And people have until Friday to leave any comments with Liverpool City Council as part of the authority's public consultation process.

Everton are hoping to have a decision from the Council at some point in the summer and Mayor Anderson, speaking on the All Together Now podcast, does not believe the Covid-19 pandemic, or Brexit, will cause problems to the Blues' hopes of a new stadium.

“I think it could be [a factor] to the extent that, as all major schemes maybe have, potentially, a risk in the sense of the developer side and the workforce reduced, and it could slow it down, I guess a little bit,” he said.

“But that's one of those 'stick your finger in the wind' type of things and guess. "And that the shovel in the ground isn't going to happen for, at least, a couple of months, we may well be over a period where that's likely to happen.

“And of course, a lot of people working in construction have less than people who work indoors It's a difficult one to judge but I would probably say I can't see it having any delay at all, COVID or Brexit.

"Brexit because the decision being made by the football club is based on their finances rather than what happens and I don't think even if Farhad Moshiri takes a hit – because most of his money it tied up in properties – I can't see there being any risk to the project at all through Brexit or Covid-19.”

17 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Chippy Tits has had that Chemical Ali approach to risk from day one; ever since he said it would be complete within 3 years (nearly 4 years ago). I'm just happy it's no longer my money he's twatting about with.

Almost 30 years since actual stadium announced but 3/4 changes of venue and still no spade in the ground.

Are planning officers from the Council and other statutory consultees supposed to go into work, just to get the Unicorn Bowl scrutinised and approved without any delay?

Or is Slaphead talking shite again?

And, at a time when the world's markets are in full "scream if you want to go faster" chaos mode, what special financial intelligence does Joe possess to give him confidence that Moshiri's half billion funding package  - which DOES exist (stop sniggering at the back) - will somehow survive unscathed?

3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I see this is trending on a few Twitter accounts....

To be honest I don't really get it that is unless they did run the race and Tiger Roll was a lap ahead and two fences from home before it was cancelled 

Only if he'd jumped the last fence and was on the run in with no horses anywhere near him.

10 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I see this is trending on a few Twitter accounts....

To be honest I don't really get it that is unless they did run the race and Tiger Roll was a lap ahead and two fences from home before it was cancelled 

What an absolutely spot on analogy.

Only...the race hasn't started. So it would be like giving us the trophy for next season's competition as well.

• Upvote 3