You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

38 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

boris

Player Valuation: £15m
Remember the night they won the champions league and the first thing they thought of doing was driving up to Rupert Tower and painting something on it.

It tickles me how obsessed they are. I suppose it’s a bit of a compliment really that they can’t get us out of there heads.

He's right.

I went into Town and it was absolutely deserted, because every single Red had decamped up to the pissheads' lock-up on the final whistle. 

21 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He's right.

I went into Town and it was absolutely deserted, because every single Red had decamped up to the pissheads' lock-up on the final whistle. 

They tell more tall stories than that fella sitting in his back garden who goes on about wrestling crocodiles.

• Upvote 1

Just came across this gem on GOT No wonder the rs are gutted about us moving to the waterfront, I was up there yesterday and this aircraft carrier was in. There were other ships in too, two big Stenna Line ships berthed over the water, the Ferries were right up by it and police in speed boats were patrolling the river. There were decent crowds too, even the Pier Head had two helicopters on it and a military jet. If we were in Bramley Moore today, this would have been our walk to the game for many! It's eating them alive.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Skrtel Milk said:

image.png

Ahh. I see what’s happened here. He must be a red who doesn’t know where Anfield is. He asked someone in the street who was a blue and he sent him to Woodson. 

He got the pyjama top from his job as a Wayne Rooney lookalike 

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

Just came across this gem on GOT No wonder the rs are gutted about us moving to the waterfront, I was up there yesterday and this aircraft carrier was in. There were other ships in too, two big Stenna Line ships berthed over the water, the Ferries were right up by it and police in speed boats were patrolling the river. There were decent crowds too, even the Pier Head had two helicopters on it and a military jet. If we were in Bramley Moore today, this would have been our walk to the game for many! It's eating them alive.

Wish they'd hurry up and start it. They've talked about it non stop for 4 years. Tranmere will have a new stadium before them at this rate.

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

That Carrier will be obsolete by the time the stadium is built.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Hasn't he already failed at Barcelona? And didn't they pretty much hound him last season through that spell that followed the anfield derby to the point he ended up getting dropped?

Gomes was made fun of by Barcelona supporters because he was nowhere near the required level and was soft as shite. He's a failure who is now picking up the pieces of his career at a club with no expectations. It's an insult to Henderson to even mention the two in the same sentence. 

I'm not saying they've long memories (although they have) but a guy on the phone in last night was comparing it to the Kennedy goal v West Ham League Cup Final in 1981 when Sammy Lee was offside on the floor....

I think it was only that he got a bit carried away with his rant that he forgot to mention Clive Thomas was the ref

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

There's a lot to unpack there...

1. No ""RS are gutted" about them telling themselves daft little stories of a magical stadium by an enchanted stream.

2.  BMD isn't happening. Obviously. 

3. What was one of the "we go the game" crowd doing staring at boats on a matchday?

4. If there were a major waterfront event when they were at home, the Police would probably insist that their game was rescheduled. 

5. If there were a lesser riverfront or City Centre event on their matchday, it would just fuck up the traffic for them.

6. The route to BMD - up Waterloo Road and Regent Road - offers no views of the river. 

7.  Their daft little stories, far from "eating me alive" have done little more than bemuse me, ever since it became clear that I wouldn't be expected to pay for it. 

• Upvote 7

I have never been arsed about the stadium being built or not, my only thought like Mal was nothing should be coming through the Council in any form, loan included.

They have been trying to bum a new stadium for 35 years, not getting the CWG who no one actually wanted was the final nail, unless they keep stretching it out and go for another one the City doesn’t need. We will be playing in a totally modern 60k plus stadium, have a state of the art training ground and will be winning trophies. They will be paying Carlo’s pension and still be kept above water by a Russian criminal lending dirty money to his equally dodgy Iranian mate.

My head has not moved an inch, and it won’t come August when the power shift is on again.

@VERBAL DIARRHEA let's not get too carried away with our ground. We have one nice stand. The rest is fucking shite, where you can barely fit in your seat (in fact my legs don't fit in mine in the kop). The rd end will hopefully be to the standard of the main stand, but I don't see what they can do with either the kop or Kenny to stop them being shite without some major work. It's taken 10 years under this ownership to start talking about the rd end seriously, I don't envisage them doing much if anything with the rest of it.