You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Bit of a weird ending to Southall's column there. 

Whingeing about FFP. This is because it benefits us rather than them. He believes clubs owners (Usmanov) should be able to put as much money in as they want. 

If FSG were putting millions into LFC without it being regulated Evertonians would be crying cunts about it.

9 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Whingeing about FFP. This is because it benefits us rather than them. He believes clubs owners (Usmanov) should be able to put as much money in as they want. 

If FSG were putting millions into LFC without it being regulated Evertonians would be crying cunts about it.

9 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

"We would have smashed most teams in Europe but didn’t get the chance"

Hmmmm, is that right Nev?

Screenshot_20200227-082756.png

• Upvote 3

This is an often claimed thing from Evertonians, because they won the league in 85 the assumption is all they had to do was turn up and they’d have won the European Cup in 86.

Conveniently forgetting that, had things been different at Heysel where we were never going to win that final after the deaths were known, they might have had us to face at some stage in the competition the year after.

They’ve become World Experts at predicting how things would have worked out, I’m surprised they don’t pick the 6 lottery numbers each week, they should all be millionaires.

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

In the season they would have ‘won’ the European Cup they lost the league and FA Cup double to us and were knocked out of the League Cup by a Chelsea side reduced to ten men. That kind of spoils the fantasy.

Just had a quick look at the European Cup that year. They drew Anderlecht in the first round who beat just beat Bayern Munich in the quarters before losing to Bucharest in the semi. 

They may not have beaten them, let alone Bayern, Bucharest and Barcelona 

36 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Just had a quick look at the European Cup that year. They drew Anderlecht in the first round who beat just beat Bayern Munich in the quarters before losing to Bucharest in the semi. 

They may not have beaten them, let alone Bayern, Bucharest and Barcelona 

It’s all bollocks. And their whole argument is that winning the European Cup would have made them a massive club with a fan base all over the world and stopped them being shit now.  Even though they are already a massive club of course and don’t even want a global fan base because that is Kopite behaviour.

Obviously Aston Villa and especially Nottingham Forest who actually did win European cups in that era show the absolute certainty of the global domination that was denied them.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

"We would have smashed most teams in Europe but didn’t get the chance"

Hmmmm, is that right Nev?

Screenshot_20200227-082756.png

My god there are some absolutely magnificent moustache's on display here. That's the one thing this current team is missing.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Anubis said:

Despite what he used to say, I’m pretty certain Kendall joined Athletic Bilbao in a year when they didn’t even have European football. Agree with what you say entirely about them making poor choices.

I did think about looking that up earlier. But it just didn't matter, he went for money regardless, I'm pretty sure he said so at the time. 

15 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/sport/football/neville-southall-analysis-champions-league-draw-everton-europe-manchester-city-fc-1959859%3famp

Southall gone full bitter. Funny the way he said exactly the opposite at a sportsmans dinner I went to about 4 years ago. 

It's the only thing they've got left to talk about. 

Ignoring the fact that he's playing to the gallery to get the more rabib fans onside, he's talking complete and utter bollocks.  Spouts that owners should be able to put in as much as they like with no regulation but then goes on to say everyone should have paid to bail out Bury when they were left in the shit by an owner who spent recklessly and then decided he couldn't be bothered any more.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

My god there are some absolutely magnificent moustache's on display here. That's the one thing this current team is missing.

Think I had one and looked rather "dashing" (twat!) at the time.

On 28/01/2015 at 20:39, Carvalho Diablo said:

My evening sorted...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

B8dOkyuIIAEzfgi.jpg

10 hours ago, coachpotato said:

This is an often claimed thing from Evertonians, because they won the league in 85 the assumption is all they had to do was turn up and they’d have won the European Cup in 86.

Conveniently forgetting that, had things been different at Heysel where we were never going to win that final after the deaths were known, they might have had us to face at some stage in the competition the year after.

They’ve become World Experts at predicting how things would have worked out, I’m surprised they don’t pick the 6 lottery numbers each week, they should all be millionaires.

Totally agree with that. We were denied a clear peno when ronnie whelan was brought down through on goal. Obviously, I just want to forget about that final, but if things had been different that night and the disaster didn't happen, they would have imo had us to contend with the following season, as I believe we would have beaten Juve that night.

We were the two best sides in Europe at that point, but it's no guarantee of success. City were arguably the best side in Europe for a period up to a year or so ago and Spurs knocked them out. It's possible that could have happened to the Ev against a seasoned European team. 

26 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Totally agree with that. We were denied a clear peno when ronnie whelan was brought down through on goal. Obviously, I just want to forget about that final, but if things had been different that night and the disaster didn't happen, they would have imo had us to contend with the following season, as I believe we would have beaten Juve that night.

We were the two best sides in Europe at that point, but it's no guarantee of success. City were arguably the best side in Europe for a period up to a year or so ago and Spurs knocked them out. It's possible that could have happened to the Ev against a seasoned European team. 

Plus their pen was given for a foul about 2 yards outside the box

Not that it matters of course

11 hours ago, coachpotato said:

The pressure of expectation could have been a factor as well. Their fans and probably the country in general would have been waiting to see if they could match the local rivals. United knew they had to do what we did too and while they won the Cup Winners' Cup like Everton, they had a bit of a psychological barrier in the European Cup I think.