You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The reply to this 

artetas_biggest_fan

Player Valuation: £2.5m
On a broader point (really addressed to much older blues), when did the RS overtake us in size? Or were the clubs always level up until a point in time? In the Dixie era were we the biggest club in the land? (that last one is more for historians)

Up until the 1960s, both clubs had five league titles, we had two cups. Both clubs were able to generate 50k plus attendances. Something changed after that. Was it simply the Shankly impact (and legacy) that drove them on to another level? It was the decade where the city was the centre of pop culture, and they had an anthem that came from that sound. Having the city name must have had an effect also. As a club they seemed to forge a strong identity that became known to the wider public, while Catterick kept us in the shadows (that’s just how it seems anyway without having gone through it).

maccavennie

maccavennie

Player Valuation: £70m
On a broader point (really addressed to much older blues), when did the RS overtake us in size? Or were the clubs always level up until a point in time? In the Dixie era were we the biggest club in the land? (that last one is more for historians)

Up until the 1960s, both clubs had five league titles, we had two cups. Both clubs were able to generate 50k plus attendances. Something changed after that. Was it simply the Shankly impact (and legacy) that drove them on to another level? It was the decade where the city was the centre of pop culture, and they had an anthem that came from that sound. Having the city name must have had an effect also. As a club they seemed to forge a strong identity that became known to the wider public, while Catterick kept us in the shadows (that’s just how it seems anyway without having gone through it).
Your a massive knobhead, the biggest on here you Kopite piss soaked Aldo loving ferret

Maccavennie is definitely Stigs GOT alter ego.

1 minute ago, chrisbrand said:

Started following a group called 'Terrible Art in Charity Shops' and someone found this at a shop in St.Helens.

87026400_2542219062715928_2592365830922567680_o.jpg

That is superb. 

"All 14 were subsequently charged with 31 felonies including Harassment, Intimidation, Beastiality and Being members of a pointless organisation" 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I think when he moved up to Liverpool it was in their brief 2 year glory years (which Liverpool ruined by getting them banned).

Ah in Fairness, they where a very good side during the 80's. 

That BT sport documentary "when two tribes go to war" highlighted the blight Liverpool the City was going through in the 80's yet their two football teams where dominating the domestic game. 

I think the league was on Merseyside 8 of the 10 years of the 80's. Some going all the same. 

22 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

In my experience loads live on the Wirral, Ormskirk, Crosby, Formby and Southport. 

I worked in an office a few years back where I sat with 5 Evertonians who all somehow convinced themselves that all Liverpool fans were wools or Norwegians. 

One was from York, one was from Blackpool, one from Heswall, one was born in Swindon and moved up here aged 28 but adopted Everton as his team and the other one lived in Formby. 

Thanks to Everton, I feel Norwegian. It’s not as good as breton but it feels good really, and probably better than Swedish.  Strange language though ....

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

Ah in Fairness, they where a very good side during the 80's. 

That BT sport documentary "when two tribes go to war" highlighted the blight Liverpool the City was going through in the 80's yet their two football teams where dominating the domestic game. 

I think the league was on Merseyside 8 of the 10 years of the 80's. Some going all the same. 

They were indeed, and while that was the case the rivalry was more friendly.

Went to Wembley twice with Blues in the car (7 seater) and although we beat them both times there wasn’t any bitterness and we had a great time there and back.

It still was the case, in my experience, up to and after Hillsborough, I don’t recall any nastiness following the ban after Heysel and I can’t really pin down when it got really poisonous.

A work colleague did say that after the Istanbul final, he’d hoped the plane would crash carrying the team on the way home, which was really a shock, as this lad was what I felt was an ok blue.

Is this another lie? I fucking hope so. 

Disgruntledgoat

Disgruntledgoat

Player Valuation: £50m
There's an interview with Bobby Madely in The Athletic today about his depression and sacking from refereeing... I bet you'll never guess which club's fan wrote this about him on twitter

“I hope the next time Robert Madley goes for a shower, gas comes out instead of water,”

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Is this another lie? I fucking hope so. 

Disgruntledgoat

Disgruntledgoat

Player Valuation: £50m
There's an interview with Bobby Madely in The Athletic today about his depression and sacking from refereeing... I bet you'll never guess which club's fan wrote this about him on twitter

“I hope the next time Robert Madley goes for a shower, gas comes out instead of water,”

Jesus why the fuck would somebody tweet that? Madley made a huge mistake, and paid for it with his job, why the fuck would you wish that on him?

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Jesus why the fuck would somebody tweet that? Madley made a huge mistake, and paid for it with his job, why the fuck would you wish that on him?

Not saying it's ok but there's probably about 1000 people saying stuff on Twatter to him like this but this fella picks out one tweet that's got a Liverpool badge or player in the profile picture. 

Didnt Evertonians sing that they wanted Nick Barmby to die?. I'm sure if anyone could be arsed doing some research some Evertonians have said nasty things on the internet once. 

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Our success aside, the internet hasn't helped things. People seem angry, jealous and resentful about everything these days.

People have always felt that way to a degree.  The Internet has just given them the platform to bleat their case in complete anonymity.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Not saying it's ok but there's probably about 1000 people saying stuff on Twatter to him like this but this fella picks out one tweet that's got a Liverpool badge or player in the profile picture. 

Didnt Evertonians sing that they wanted Nick Barmby to die?. I'm sure if anyone could be arsed doing some research some Evertonians have said nasty things on the internet once. 

Oh no doubt mate, it is just a horrible thing to say! They need to take a good look at themselves.