You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I was talking to Jimmy, the Ancelotti-alike manager of the Vernon last night. He was saying that he gets a lot of people staring in the street these days. One fella even stopped and asked (in the kind of stilted way idiots do when they're talking to someone foreign) " DO. YOU. MANAGE. A. FOOTBALL.  TEAM?"

Jimmy answered in kind

"YES. AND. THEY'RE.  SHITE."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 17/02/2020 at 14:37, liverpoolsno9 said:

As far as sponsorship values go, the Blueshite should be in the top 4, given their history. 

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
He can't sponsor us for whatever he wants it has to be a sensible amount, he'll never be allowed to sponsor the piss pots in lower bullens for 10 million a year. If the sky 6 start complaining about his sponsorship being over market value then we'll get investigated and likely punished.
How are you going to make a legal case for what is a fair market value, if he sponsors things where a market does not exist?

I'd also add, legally the club can make a very straightforward and easy argument that we are 4th most successful in terms of leagues won, joint 1st for the number of years we have held the top division title, most seasons, 2nd most points, the only club to be founder members of the FL and PL (while maintaining an ever present place) and have had the 2nd longest unbroken run in the top flight. Objectively, and from a legal standpoint it is a very clear argument that commercially we ought to be somewhere between 1st to 4th in terms of sponsorship values.

The club have radically underperformed to the market test over the last 20 years. This would be any legal conclusion drawn from Everton finally negotiating deals befitting of our status (Ie in or around the top 4 deals).

Yes that is definitely an argument that would hold up in a courtroom. Absolutely no doubt.

28 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Three of them I know straight on Facebook at the final whistle, they can hardly contain themselves. 

Let me guess “these are shite. This is all you have to do against them”

”so and so is supposed to be world class - this says otherwise”

16 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I was talking to Jimmy, the Ancelotti-alike manager of the Vernon last night. He was saying that he gets a lot of people staring in the street these days. One fella even stopped and asked (in the kind of stilted way idiots do when they're talking to someone foreign) " DO. YOU. MANAGE. A. FOOTBALL.  TEAM?"

Jimmy answered in kind

"YES. AND. THEY'RE.  SHITE."

I know jimmy very well ,another son of Halewood and he was telling me that on a holiday a few years ago to the Vatican he was mistaken for Ancelotti by some tourists.Great pub the Vernon.

• Upvote 1