You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Just now, Horus said:

Anyone know what this means?

Is this something to do with them having won the league just before the suspension of football due to the outbreak of world wars? I mean they're dumb enough to boast that the deaths of millions made them hold the title for years. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

Is this something to do with them having won the league just before the suspension of football due to the outbreak of world wars? I mean they're dumb enough to boast that the deaths of millions made them hold the title for years. 

Sadly, it does. They won the last championship before the league was suspended for both the world wars, so effectively held it for 4 years and 7 years extra. Ridiculously pathetic to actually cite that as a reason to be proud of.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Sadly, it does. They won the last championship before the league was suspended for both the world wars, so effectively held it for 4 years and 7 years extra. Ridiculously pathetic to actually cite that as a reason to be proud of.

Yeah, but if I was looking to sponsor someone, I'd be sure to look for the team that wins the league before the outbreak of world wars. Who wouldn't be drawn to a brand like that? They're so fucking robust, they survived 2 world wars and were only taken out by heysel. 

• Upvote 11

5 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

What's millions from nearly a century ago when you use 39 regularly? 

Where's the war reparations money, Bill?

Guest Pistonbroke
38 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

As far as sponsorship values go, the Blueshite should be in the top 4, given their history. 

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
He can't sponsor us for whatever he wants it has to be a sensible amount, he'll never be allowed to sponsor the piss pots in lower bullens for 10 million a year. If the sky 6 start complaining about his sponsorship being over market value then we'll get investigated and likely punished.
How are you going to make a legal case for what is a fair market value, if he sponsors things where a market does not exist?

I'd also add, legally the club can make a very straightforward and easy argument that we are 4th most successful in terms of leagues won, joint 1st for the number of years we have held the top division title, most seasons, 2nd most points, the only club to be founder members of the FL and PL (while maintaining an ever present place) and have had the 2nd longest unbroken run in the top flight. Objectively, and from a legal standpoint it is a very clear argument that commercially we ought to be somewhere between 1st to 4th in terms of sponsorship values.

The club have radically underperformed to the market test over the last 20 years. This would be any legal conclusion drawn from Everton finally negotiating deals befitting of our status (Ie in or around the top 4 deals).

Words actually fail me. 

57 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Ah a total disregard for human lives unless they can use them to beat us over the head with, sort of explains the blue poppies now. 

2 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

Ah a total disregard for human lives unless they can use them to beat us over the head with, sort of explains the blue poppies now. 

Aye, and as Barry Wom points out above, sponsors are really going to be throwing money at a club on the strength of that.

4 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

As far as sponsorship values go, the Blueshite should be in the top 4, given their history. 

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
He can't sponsor us for whatever he wants it has to be a sensible amount, he'll never be allowed to sponsor the piss pots in lower bullens for 10 million a year. If the sky 6 start complaining about his sponsorship being over market value then we'll get investigated and likely punished.
How are you going to make a legal case for what is a fair market value, if he sponsors things where a market does not exist?

I'd also add, legally the club can make a very straightforward and easy argument that we are 4th most successful in terms of leagues won, joint 1st for the number of years we have held the top division title, most seasons, 2nd most points, the only club to be founder members of the FL and PL (while maintaining an ever present place) and have had the 2nd longest unbroken run in the top flight. Objectively, and from a legal standpoint it is a very clear argument that commercially we ought to be somewhere between 1st to 4th in terms of sponsorship values.

The club have radically underperformed to the market test over the last 20 years. This would be any legal conclusion drawn from Everton finally negotiating deals befitting of our status (Ie in or around the top 4 deals).

Hahahaha he missed the first club to ever.... aah fuck it. Embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1

The Liverpool thread on GOT hasn’t been posted on for 15 minutes short of two full days.

thats madness for them.

until you take a read of their thread about city’s ban and realise that’s 5% about city, 15% about uncle Uzzy, and 80% about us.

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

The mongs on GOT seem to want city to succeed against UEFA completly missing the point that city cheating has been to the detriment  of the entire league including themselves. 

How they feel about things is measured by if it will help us or not. 
You would think that a team who is not too far from 5th, which may bring a CL place which they feel is so richly deserved would want City to fail? But no, yet again, it’s not about their own team, it’s about us. Fucking crazy 

4 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Was listening to yesterday's 606 on the way home tonight an Evertonian from my home town Wrexham phones in and confidently predicted that they are going to beat us in the upcoming Derby a few wins and they are getting ahead of themselves again 

They do realise we aren't likely to play the U12's this time aren't they ?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Horus said:

I didn't realise how much I want Everton war poetry util now.

They trudge the worn and mud strewn ways,

Weary to their bones, their silence betrays,

Spewed bile the dressing for their wounds,

Heysel, VAR, Ifithadntbeenfer loons,

The shellshocked accounts, the money gone,

The trench long breached named Goodison.

• Upvote 13