You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

8 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

They do this every year. They have a straightforward run of fixtures then they are suddenly better than the Milan team of the early 90s. 

No wonder they feel so depressed when they get twatted by someone half decent. 

Or someone not half decent!

8 hours ago, niallers said:

I wonder will rival fans be mentioning us in the same breath as Milan early 90s in twenty or thirty years?

"Fuck me,you'd swear they were as good as Liverpool in the early 20s they way they go on". 

I reckon we need a couple of titles and CLs for that. And I reckon that team gets remembered much more because it was probably the last great Italian club team. 

47 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

I really really want us to be at Anfield when we win it. I get that those that do not go to the games might enjoy winning it elsewhere but I'd feel robbed of a celebration at full time. Obviously it wouldn't bother our amazing away fans but there aren't 50 thousand of them. 

If there was a god, he wouldn't have given Pickford those little arms. 

Don't forget we could win it even when we're not playing. 

23 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I reckon we need a couple of titles and CLs for that. And I reckon that team gets remembered much more because it was probably the last great Italian club team. 

Stop that right now. 

45 minutes ago, Code said:

They will be challengers next season.

They have found gold in Ancellotti, I fear the worst.

Last 10 games.

07E31C6A-4AAB-411D-AFFC-E0AA8D2EF704.jpeg

Two points better off than Sheffield United. Quaking.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Partly true. Excellent manager who will most likely guarantee no real fear of relegation but deluded fans who don't realise how insignificant they are,how much they've already spent and how unlikely top players will want to go there.

Ah right, so they'll be "challengers" in the sense of "challenging for mid table and maybe the Europa if they have an exceptionally good season but definitely not in a relegation battle".

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Pidge said:

Don't underplay the run they're on.  They've beaten the mighty Brighton, Watford and Palace, drawing against Newcastle and West Ham. The tide is turning.

I like to think a Blue in work was joking today when he said "if we carry on like this we'll be challenging for the league next year".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

You’re selling that Milan team a bit short there - five titles, three European Cup/Champions League wins (plus another two appearances in the final), and never finishing out of the top four, over the course of nine seasons. I’d probably settle for that right now. 

After a long spell of team retaining the trophy (Ajax 1971-73, Bayern 74-76, us 77-78, Forest 79-80) they were the last side to retain the big cup for 27 years too.

16 minutes ago, Ron B said:

You’re selling that Milan team a bit short there - five titles, three European Cup/Champions League wins (plus another two appearances in the final), and never finishing out of the top four, over the course of nine seasons. I’d probably settle for that right now. 

After a long spell of team retaining the trophy (Ajax 1971-73, Bayern 74-76, us 77-78, Forest 79-80) they were the last side to retain the big cup for 27 years too.

Apart from Real Madrid 16/17/18 

18 minutes ago, Ron B said:

They achieved what they did without the competition of English sides. I'm not saying they weren't good, but they're talked about probably like the best team there's ever been. I don't think that's true, aside from anything else, we were better. I'm not old enough to remember the Ajax and Munich teams, but I dare says they were pretty good too. Also, this latest Madrid team (till the end of Zidane last time), what a side, but nobody wants to count them because they're Madrid. 

15 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

They do this every year. They have a straightforward run of fixtures then they are suddenly better than the Milan team of the early 90s. 

No wonder they feel so depressed when they get twatted by someone half decent. 

Beginning of this season they had what should have been a straight forward run of games but ended up losing half of them. 

They're only 5 points off top 4, if they would have won a few of the games they were supposed to they could easily have found themselves in the middle of that lot. 

I've taken the piss out of Everton a lot in the past over their delusions of being a big team, but they actually have a lot to be reasonably optimistic about for a change. 

With a decent manager now and 4 of the traditional top 6 in transitional states they could surprise people next season, which I wouldn't mind myself, I'd rather they were competing at the top than the Mancs and London clubs, as long as they're always behind us. 

2 minutes ago, aws said:

Their squad should have been good enough to challenge for Europe this season with so many top sides in transition but they fucked it up as usual. And no doubt that's our fault as usual. 

They probably have the 9th best squad in the league, well behind the top 6 and Leicester/Wolves both have much better players.