You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Interesting reading. 

iss Ramble @SwissRamble 6h6 hours ago
#EFC have increasingly relied on profit from player sales, which has averaged £53m a season over the last 3 years, compared to just £14m in preceding 7 years. Should also be fairly high in 2019/20, due to sales of Gueye, Lookman, Vlasic and Onyekuru.

This is what having a billionaire owner means eh? 

I know the City (and probably Chelsea) figures are likely massively distorted, but this really puts their plight into perspective. They are absolutely miles behind, and even trebling their matchday income at the Unicorn Bowl isn't going to do a massive amount to help them close the gap. If they're going to have to sell their 'best' players over the coming seasons to balance the books, then there's little to no chance of them getting into Europe regularly either. They're fucked, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Leicester and Wolves move above them in revenue, possibly Newcastle too if they ever get an owner who isn't a cunt.

EOtee5hUUAAE-eg.jpg

EOteiWQUEAAfzI-.jpg

EOtijicU0AAzBq9.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I actually like Calvert-Lewin as a player. Pretty mobile, physically hard to handle. Can do a job. Not someone who should be getting international caps, though.

Which is kind of my point (except I'm not sure what job you want, I'd agree if you mean being the main man in a relegation threatened team). If he was to get an international cap you'd think it would be because a smaller nation had found he had some tenuous connection to them and gave him a cap. He shouldn't be within a million miles of an England team and it was only 6 weeks or so most bloos were arguing he shouldn't be playing for them. 

34 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

If Everton were relegated I reckon they's struggle like fuck to get back up, especially once the parachute payments dried up. 

If Everton were relegated, Goodison would no longer meet the PL requirements if they ever came back up.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Which is kind of my point (except I'm not sure what job you want, I'd agree if you mean being the main man in a relegation threatened team). If he was to get an international cap you'd think it would be because a smaller nation had found he had some tenuous connection to them and gave him a cap. He shouldn't be within a million miles of an England team and it was only 6 weeks or so most bloos were arguing he shouldn't be playing for them. 

He could do a donkey work Welbeck job like Ferguson sometimes made him do.

30 minutes ago, Trumo said:

If Everton were relegated, Goodison would no longer meet the PL requirements if they ever came back up.

Yeah, but they'll be in BMD on the banks of the royal blue Mersey. 

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

David Nugent got an England cap. 

Doesn't make it right! 

27 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He could do a donkey work Welbeck job like Ferguson sometimes made him do.

For what type of team? You mean you'd see him doing the donkey work for a top team? Wellbeck was shite, but he's 10 times the player DCL is if he could stay fit. 

43 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

For what type of team? You mean you'd see him doing the donkey work for a top team? Wellbeck was shite, but he's 10 times the player DCL is if he could stay fit. 

Calvert-Lewin is only 1 goal short this season of the best tally Welbeck ever had, so I don't think he's worse at all. Both have/had the physical capacity and athleticism to do a job and be a nuisance against pretty much anybody in a given game.