You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

He'd be their best midfielder,but that's not exactly a high standard to reach.

It just has to be an improvement on what they have. If they make incremental improvements all over the pitch, they'll become a better side and there's fuck all between everyone from 5th down. Their issue for years is they stopped making incremental improvements, by buying like for like or worse. 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

It just has to be an improvement on what they have. If they make incremental improvements all over the pitch, they'll become a better side and there's fuck all between everyone from 5th down. Their issue for years is they stopped making incremental improvements, by buying like for like or worse. 

Don't forget their delusions of grandeur too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Emre Can would instantly be their best midfielder. He might not be the type who'll take them to champions, but he could play a part in a side that could make top 4. 

He'd be a crap signing for them. Another in their long list of big club rejects with waning motivation. Failure at Juventus and going to a mid table club who also happen to be your ex-club's local rival?

It's a recipe for him not giving a fuck and the fans turning on him in an instant. He's not gonna go there, mind. He's smarter than that (I think).

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He'd be a crap signing for them. Another in their long list of big club rejects with waning motivation. Failure at Juventus and going to a mid table club who also happen to be your ex-club's local rival?

It's a recipe for him not giving a fuck and the fans turning on him in an instant. He's not gonna go there, mind. He's smarter than that (I think).

I didn't like Can when he was with us, but there was plenty who did. I would still say he'd be their best midfielder. I can't think of one they have better. 

I also wouldn't say he failed with us. He was a regular pick under 2 managers all the time he was here. He's failed at juve in part because he's not great and in part because they're fucking mental and just sign anyone they think is some type of bargain. You say he isn't stupid enough to go to Everton. Yet he picked that move, which was motivated by money only. If Everton offer him a pay rise, he'll be there before you can say "we don't care what de red shite say". 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Emre Can would instantly be their best midfielder. He might not be the type who'll take them to champions, but he could play a part in a side that could make top 4. 

He would be their best player. 

11 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I didn't like Can when he was with us, but there was plenty who did. I would still say he'd be their best midfielder. I can't think of one they have better. 

I also wouldn't say he failed with us. He was a regular pick under 2 managers all the time he was here. He's failed at juve in part because he's not great and in part because they're fucking mental and just sign anyone they think is some type of bargain. You say he isn't stupid enough to go to Everton. Yet he picked that move, which was motivated by money only. If Everton offer him a pay rise, he'll be there before you can say "we don't care what de red shite say". 

Talent wise Can is fine. He's a good player, perfectly good enough for where Everton want to get to. My point was that them signing Can would be a continuation of the transfer strategy that has seen them stagnate.

I didn't say he failed at Liverpool, I said he failed at Juventus. And continually signing players who have failed at big clubs and then wondering why they look like they don't give a fuck at a mid table club Everton is the definition of insanity. 

They need hungry players who are up and coming and who want to keep climbing the ladder. Players like Richarlison, for example. Not players like Can and then Digne, Mina, Walcott, Iwobi, Schneiderlin and Delph who wish they were still at Barca, Arsenal, Manchester, etc. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Talent wise Can is fine. He's a good player, perfectly good enough for where Everton want to get to. My point was that them signing Can would be a continuation of the transfer strategy that has seen them stagnate.

I didn't say he failed at Liverpool, I said he failed at Juventus. And continually signing players who have failed at big clubs and then wondering why they look like they don't give a fuck at a mid table club Everton is the definition of insanity. 

They need hungry players who are up and coming and who want to keep climbing the ladder. Players like Richarlison, for example. Not players like Can and then Digne, Mina, Walcott, Iwobi, Schneiderlin and Delph who wish they were still at Barca, Arsenal, Manchester, etc. 

So I wouldn't put all of those players at the end in the same category. I think it's simplistic to suggest they can't sign someone who's failed at a better club because they've bought badly before. There are plenty of players in football who struggle at a top club, but go on to have fine careers. Maybe they never quite reach the highest of levels, but they're good players playing in good teams. For me Can has done a decent job for Liverpool and a less than decent one for juve. He's shown he can cut it in this league and he's not an old player, moves just sometimes don't work out. If he has the desire to succeed, I think he'll be fine at Everton. 

6 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

So I wouldn't put all of those players at the end in the same category. I think it's simplistic to suggest they can't sign someone who's failed at a better club because they've bought badly before. There are plenty of players in football who struggle at a top club, but go on to have fine careers. Maybe they never quite reach the highest of levels, but they're good players playing in good teams. For me Can has done a decent job for Liverpool and a less than decent one for juve. He's shown he can cut it in this league and he's not an old player, moves just sometimes don't work out. If he has the desire to succeed, I think he'll be fine at Everton. 

If he had the desire to succeed, why would he go to Everton ?

• Upvote 1

The mind of a bitter - just can't enjoy anything good there own do because they have to compare it to us/make some kind of bitter statement about us.

Must be fucking horrible being that affected.

A normal person posts this with 'what a save by our keeper'....but not a bitter - oh no!

https://mobile.twitter.com/samuelpeart/status/1218621059458568194?s=12

36 minutes ago, an tha said:

The mind of a bitter - just can't enjoy anything good there own do because they have to compare it to us/make some kind of bitter statement about us.

Must be fucking horrible being that affected.

A normal person posts this with 'what a save by our keeper'....but not a bitter - oh no!

https://mobile.twitter.com/samuelpeart/status/1218621059458568194?s=12

Why didn’t he catch it? That’s one of the most ridiculous camera saves I’ve ever seen, topped off with an absurd display of self-aggrandisement from Pickford.

• Upvote 4

I don't see what would be in it for Can. I reckon he'd be looking for a move to a bigger club. Be some fall to leave us just before we explode, go to another team competing at the top with lots of good players in the squad, to then go to Everton, who probably won't even be in Europe next season, in what could yet be his peak years. 

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Why didn’t he catch it? That’s one of the most ridiculous camera saves I’ve ever seen, topped off with an absurd display of self-aggrandisement from Pickford.

Yeah seemed a bit of a strange one to me...unless he saw it late

14 hours ago, scudger99 said:

If he had the desire to succeed, why would he go to Everton ?

Haha..it's a good point, but there'll be promise of loads of cash, they've had the talk to bring in acelotti, no reason they can't use all the same arguments to persuade Can. But it could be both could see it as a retirement home, although Can seems a little young for that. If he goes there just for the cash, he'll be shite.