You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 hours ago, belarus said:

That Catcher lad is a bonafide genius. He gets and understands things that nobody else does, based on guess work alone - imagine what he could do if he built his opinions on facts!

My favourite bit of that piece he wrote is this...

Whats in it for Usmanov, beyond influence, power, financial gain, indirect values to come back? Think of it this way. You want to keep money moving to make yourself harder to pin for tax purposes and also to keep options open. Company A sponsor Everton for £100m. Everton pay company B (under Usmanovs influence) £100m per/a to build a stadium (which sounds about right). Usmanov loses no money, money is moved, harder to control. Everton get an extra £100million to play with each year in terms of FFP losses (so we can continue to spend at this level, or incur the level of losses we have and we would still be in absolutely no danger of any problems with the PL/UEFA).

I think the taxman will be able to track that process of money laundering. I mean, I’m no expert, but that seems pretty traceable to me. I can just see the auditor having just given the Everton and USM accounts the once over and green light, then coming across this run down of what he’s missed and still being confused, because this Catcherinthrye lad is so ahead of the game, it’s impossible to break down the nefariousness of the transaction even with his explanation.

B368499A-E48D-477E-8744-70B4B8993055.gif

Mmmmm.... So usm sponsor for 100m and then spend 100m a year building a ground. I know we call it the unicorn stadium, but surely it's cheaper to pay some corporation tax than give the money to Everton who in turn expect you to build a stadium with it? Usmanov might be massively corrupt, but he isn't the coke dealer from the sandon on match day who runs a nail bar on Breck road to legitimise some of his income. Everton are fucking brilliant. I love their fans. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The Usmanov thread on GOT is great reading. 

FSG are guilty of "mass murder, government overthrows ,sweat factories,meddling in foreign governments,civil rights abuses."

But Uncle Uzzy is a great big cuddly teddy bear giving poor old Everton a leg up. 

Chomsky watch out, there's a new boy in town:

efcfanwirral

Player Valuation: £10m
Not surprising the headlines about looking at Usmanov. It's part of the US dominated Premier league - lfc, Arsenal, United, Spurs - deciding that non America owners or those without US interests will not prosper in the premier league. City and Chelsea got in before the takeover of English football by the Americans. Abromovic has been seen off being refused a residency visa.

"Following the delay in the renewal of Abramovich's British visa by the Home Office, and his subsequent withdrawal of the application, in May 2018 Chelsea halted plans to build a £500m stadium in south-west London due to the "unfavourable investment climate" and the lack of assurances about Abramovich's immigration status. Abramovich was set to invest hundreds of millions of pounds for the construction of the stadium.[93][94] "

Chelsea will not be challenging for the league in the distant future, probably until an American consortium takes over.

City's owners are now the main focus, now that Abramovich is out of the way with the 'human rights' issues now making the headlines. Moshiri/Usmanov's involvement with us will most certainly not be taken lightly by the real powers behind the premier league.

'Investigating' us will become the 'sport' of the sports media.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/11/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-yellow-ribbon-fa-fine-abu-dhabi

Of course it will - and even more so as our post Brexit deal takes hold. They'll own every part of this country.

We know they hate Russia but add to that our owner being Iranian and them being determined to destroy that country too, we are looking at the abyss unless the stars align on the pitch.

And we all know how likely that is right?