You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

9 hours ago, Philtrum said:

They've been selling their best players for years to keep their head above water. Once that well ran dry they end up losing £120m, have a £350m owner loan and creatively gained £30m for empty space from Uncle Uzzy to keep them from being done under the premiership sustainability rules. (Nobody will investigate that of course) Paying off multiple managers and staff and buying shit players on high wages doesn't help either. 

Moshiri only took the bait from BGB because of the promise of a free new stadium and Chippy Tits using a loophole to get cheap government loans, now though it's damage limitation. His absence last night at the AGM was telling no matter what excuses they make to try to explain it. 

He hasn't even got a decent exit strategy now because anyone fool enough to consider buying that joke of a club would also have to pay him back the £350m he's loaned to them. 

Add to their woes the spiralling cost of a stadium build, I mean without a stadium to pay for they are in the shit imagine if they also had to service a £500-600m debt. Ideally they need to forget about us, scrap a new stadium plan (again) and do what they can to expand Goodison. Then if and when they break into the top 4, and consistently perform at that level... well then consider a new stadium. 

The truth is they're a mid table shit club that nobody outside of their little bubble gives a shit about. If they were located anywhere else in the country they wouldn't be on our radar. We only take notice of them because they keep trying to grab our attention with lies and bitterness and a lot of us have to talk to them every single day. 

The most famous thing about them is us. 

I reckon Morishi is doubling down. It's the only way of making any money or at least keeping down his losses. 

Breaking news, Usmanov's £30m option to be investigated by Premier League.

The Premier League are set to scrutinise Alisher Usmanov's extraordinary naming rights deal for Everton's proposed stadium amid concerns from rival clubs that it could constitute a breach of the organisation's rules.

The announcement that Usmanov's holding company USM has spent £30million on the option to buy the naming rights for a ground that is due to open in 2023 — building work is yet to begin — was greeted with incredulity by Everton's top-flight rivals.

Club executives told Sportsmail that they feared the unprecedented arrangement, if carried out, could raise questions over Everton's compliance with profit and sustainability rules.

A number of clubs want the Premier League to investigate, which could lead to Everton being forced to repay some of the £30m.

Premier League Rule E.54 states that any commercial deal 'arising from a related party transaction' must be 'recorded in the club's annual accounts at a fair market value'. 

Usmanov, an Uzbek-born Russian tycoon, is a business partner of Everton's majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri, who is also the chairman of USM, a company set up by Usmanov in 2012 which has sponsored the club's Finch Farm training ground since 2016.

Under rule E.1 all 20 clubs are required to file accounts to the Premier League for the financial year each March, and Everton's submission in two months' time is likely to lead to scrutiny of the Usmanov deal.

Everton could face questions over whether £30m for the option to purchase naming rights is a fair market rate and whether Usmanov is an independent party.

Rule E.54 further states that if the Premier League determine a sponsorship deal is above the market rate 'the Board shall restate it to fair market value'.

Everton are understood to have made the Premier League aware of the deal before the contract was signed last week, and are confident it will comply with their regulations. 

The £30m deal includes a Head of Terms agreement for a multi-year naming rights package when the stadium is built, if USM choose to activate it. Although a first for football, such deals have been used in commercial property.

Everton announced the deal on Tuesday, the same day they published record losses of £112m for 2018-19, including an operating loss of £29.7m. 

Although Everton are currently compliant with the Premier League's rules, which prohibit clubs from losing more than £105m over a three-year period, they have little margin for error so the injection of £30m from Usmanov could prove vital. 

Everton made a profit of £30m in 2017 followed by a loss of £13m last year so are inside the maximum loss figure over the current three-year cycle, but will need to post a significant profit to comply next season. 

Everton have yet to receive planning permission for the stadium they are hoping to build at Bramley-Moore Dock, a project that has been in development since former chairman Peter Johnson revealed plans for a new ground in Kirkby in 1996.

Premier League clubs are asking how Everton can bank cash related to a sponsorship deal for a building that does not exist.

One source at a Premier League club who did not wish to be named told Sportsmail that he thought it was like 'financial doping', claiming Usmanov would be effectively injecting money into Everton in the guise of a sponsorship deal, and pointing to the similarity between the £30m deal and the club's £29.7m operating loss.

Clubs' financial operations are under increased scrutiny from the authorities amid claims many are finding loopholes to get round profit and sustainability rules.

Manchester City are the subject of a UEFA investigation following allegations that they disguised investment from their owners as a sponsorship deal. 

And Sheffield Wednesday are facing a points deduction after being charged by the EFL with breaching rules by including the £60m sale of Hillsborough in their accounts a year before it took place.

Everton and the Premier League declined to comment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7891947/Everton-dock-rival-clubs-arms-30m-stadium-deal.html

Guest Pistonbroke
35 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The Premier League are set to scrutinise Alisher Usmanov's extraordinary naming rights deal for Everton's proposed stadium amid concerns from rival clubs that it could constitute a breach of the organisation's rules.

The announcement that Usmanov's holding company USM has spent £30million on the option to buy the naming rights for a ground that is due to open in 2023 — building work is yet to begin — was greeted with incredulity by Everton's top-flight rivals.

Club executives told Sportsmail that they feared the unprecedented arrangement, if carried out, could raise questions over Everton's compliance with profit and sustainability rules.

A number of clubs want the Premier League to investigate, which could lead to Everton being forced to repay some of the £30m.

Premier League Rule E.54 states that any commercial deal 'arising from a related party transaction' must be 'recorded in the club's annual accounts at a fair market value'. 

Usmanov, an Uzbek-born Russian tycoon, is a business partner of Everton's majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri, who is also the chairman of USM, a company set up by Usmanov in 2012 which has sponsored the club's Finch Farm training ground since 2016.

Under rule E.1 all 20 clubs are required to file accounts to the Premier League for the financial year each March, and Everton's submission in two months' time is likely to lead to scrutiny of the Usmanov deal.

Everton could face questions over whether £30m for the option to purchase naming rights is a fair market rate and whether Usmanov is an independent party.

Rule E.54 further states that if the Premier League determine a sponsorship deal is above the market rate 'the Board shall restate it to fair market value'.

Everton are understood to have made the Premier League aware of the deal before the contract was signed last week, and are confident it will comply with their regulations. 

The £30m deal includes a Head of Terms agreement for a multi-year naming rights package when the stadium is built, if USM choose to activate it. Although a first for football, such deals have been used in commercial property.

Everton announced the deal on Tuesday, the same day they published record losses of £112m for 2018-19, including an operating loss of £29.7m. 

Although Everton are currently compliant with the Premier League's rules, which prohibit clubs from losing more than £105m over a three-year period, they have little margin for error so the injection of £30m from Usmanov could prove vital. 

Everton made a profit of £30m in 2017 followed by a loss of £13m last year so are inside the maximum loss figure over the current three-year cycle, but will need to post a significant profit to comply next season. 

Everton have yet to receive planning permission for the stadium they are hoping to build at Bramley-Moore Dock, a project that has been in development since former chairman Peter Johnson revealed plans for a new ground in Kirkby in 1996.

Premier League clubs are asking how Everton can bank cash related to a sponsorship deal for a building that does not exist.

One source at a Premier League club who did not wish to be named told Sportsmail that he thought it was like 'financial doping', claiming Usmanov would be effectively injecting money into Everton in the guise of a sponsorship deal, and pointing to the similarity between the £30m deal and the club's £29.7m operating loss.

Clubs' financial operations are under increased scrutiny from the authorities amid claims many are finding loopholes to get round profit and sustainability rules.

Manchester City are the subject of a UEFA investigation following allegations that they disguised investment from their owners as a sponsorship deal. 

And Sheffield Wednesday are facing a points deduction after being charged by the EFL with breaching rules by including the £60m sale of Hillsborough in their accounts a year before it took place.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7891947/Everton-dock-rival-clubs-arms-30m-stadium-deal.html

Deduct the cunts 12 points, at least the fuckers would still have something to play for being our kids finished off their season. Relegation fights could easily become a stable part of their annual diet. 

The Catcher knows exactly what’s happening and it looks like the Blueshite are gonna be blowing everyone out the water in the next few years. Worrying times. A long read, but he’s got all the detail!

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
As always lots of significant last night. Looks to have passed through without too much reporting, and no rumoured investigation. I think they are continuing to test the water of what they can get away with until the PL may say something. The reality is, that he will provide over £50 million this year (up from £15m the year before). If nothing is said, you wonder what the next sponsorship will look like in terms of substance and value? It's obviously harder for the PL to pick holes in the dynamic once it starts as well. So another shrewd move from Usmanov, start low, and work up in increments.

I thought another thing in the car between meetings today. If he benchmarks at 20m p/a for stadium sponsorship. He's already doubled training ground sponsorship, so that gets through as a principle. I honestly think if we hit certain benchmarks (Europa League/Champions league) the sponsorship may get trebled on each occasion. It will be in the small print of the initial deal, which the PL will likely see through, it won't mention a figure but something like a "review" is due on milestones. All the club/Usmanov can say, is that the initial deal was fine, and as part of the review, greater exposure a new value is now fairer. They can cite the training ground having doubled sponsorship as a principle, so in this instance a trebling seemed fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sponsorship ends up in the future are £100m p/a. The real genius in this though, I predict will be how it's offset against construction costs etc. So it won't even count as part of FFP. Or on other words, a £100million loss will be able to explained away to the FA (or 50 million if thats what it settles on). These guys are field attuned to finding grey areas. 

Whats in it for Usmanov, beyond influence, power, financial gain, indirect values to come back? Think of it this way. You want to keep money moving to make yourself harder to pin for tax purposes and also to keep options open. Company A sponsor Everton for £100m. Everton pay company B (under Usmanovs influence) £100m per/a to build a stadium (which sounds about right). Usmanov loses no money, money is moved, harder to control. Everton get an extra £100million to play with each year in terms of FFP losses (so we can continue to spend at this level, or incur the level of losses we have and we would still be in absolutely no danger of any problems with the PL/UEFA).

As a afinal aside, as Brian was mentioning yesterday, the values for Everton are then established for future sponsorship people, and Usmanov's 2nd company probably get a load of additional work for the Peel waterway 6+ billion project, so a load more money coming his company's way. Where do you reckon he is going to reward his employees, or directors who perform well at the 2/3 companies involved in all of this? He will probably pay a massive premium for the best box at the new stadium. It goes on and on.

It's been quite an amusing 24 hours really. RAWK is in typical meltdown. I'd made the cardinal sin and overestimated their intelligence to the level of an able minded adolescent when the collective wisdom seems to fall some way short of that. I genuinely think that they felt yesterday was going to be the day we failed FFP and went out of business.

I spoke to one quite reasonable red after the derby defeat. We spoke about the match and he threw in the usual massive losses due to be announced, I said they would be worse than he was forecasting, but I wasn't too bothered as Usmanov would likely put an injection into the club and sort it. He went quite and didn't say anything on that. Looking back he clearly felt what I was saying was completely ridiculous. They've kind of fed themselves the idea that Usmanov is a fantasy. I can see why, USM combined official wealth is over 25 bn (officially) and unofficially higher than that by any amount of degrees. Essentially we can spend and waste any degree of money and it will still be alright. 

It's just kind of funny, that they just get really irritated. Like the nerdy little kid at school who snitches on everyone and gets his head shoved down the loos at school, they are left getting angry as the cool kid basically gets away with messing it up time and again.

•  

5 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

The Catcher knows exactly what’s happening and it looks like the Blueshite are gonna be blowing everyone out the water in the next few years. Worrying times. A long read, but he’s got all the detail!

catcherintherye

As always lots of significant last night. Looks to have passed through without too much reporting, and no rumoured investigation. I think they are continuing to test the water of what they can get away with until the PL may say something. The reality is, that he will provide over £50 million this year (up from £15m the year before). If nothing is said, you wonder what the next sponsorship will look like in terms of substance and value? It's obviously harder for the PL to pick holes in the dynamic once it starts as well. So another shrewd move from Usmanov, start low, and work up in increments.

I thought another thing in the car between meetings today. If he benchmarks at 20m p/a for stadium sponsorship. He's already doubled training ground sponsorship, so that gets through as a principle. I honestly think if we hit certain benchmarks (Europa League/Champions league) the sponsorship may get trebled on each occasion. It will be in the small print of the initial deal, which the PL will likely see through, it won't mention a figure but something like a "review" is due on milestones. All the club/Usmanov can say, is that the initial deal was fine, and as part of the review, greater exposure a new value is now fairer. They can cite the training ground having doubled sponsorship as a principle, so in this instance a trebling seemed fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sponsorship ends up in the future are £100m p/a. The real genius in this though, I predict will be how it's offset against construction costs etc. So it won't even count as part of FFP. Or on other words, a £100million loss will be able to explained away to the FA (or 50 million if thats what it settles on). These guys are field attuned to finding grey areas. 

Whats in it for Usmanov, beyond influence, power, financial gain, indirect values to come back? Think of it this way. You want to keep money moving to make yourself harder to pin for tax purposes and also to keep options open. Company A sponsor Everton for £100m. Everton pay company B (under Usmanovs influence) £100m per/a to build a stadium (which sounds about right). Usmanov loses no money, money is moved, harder to control. Everton get an extra £100million to play with each year in terms of FFP losses (so we can continue to spend at this level, or incur the level of losses we have and we would still be in absolutely no danger of any problems with the PL/UEFA).

As a afinal aside, as Brian was mentioning yesterday, the values for Everton are then established for future sponsorship people, and Usmanov's 2nd company probably get a load of additional work for the Peel waterway 6+ billion project, so a load more money coming his company's way. Where do you reckon he is going to reward his employees, or directors who perform well at the 2/3 companies involved in all of this? He will probably pay a massive premium for the best box at the new stadium. It goes on and on.

It's been quite an amusing 24 hours really. RAWK is in typical meltdown. I'd made the cardinal sin and overestimated their intelligence to the level of an able minded adolescent when the collective wisdom seems to fall some way short of that. I genuinely think that they felt yesterday was going to be the day we failed FFP and went out of business.

I spoke to one quite reasonable red after the derby defeat. We spoke about the match and he threw in the usual massive losses due to be announced, I said they would be worse than he was forecasting, but I wasn't too bothered as Usmanov would likely put an injection into the club and sort it. He went quite and didn't say anything on that. Looking back he clearly felt what I was saying was completely ridiculous. They've kind of fed themselves the idea that Usmanov is a fantasy. I can see why, USM combined official wealth is over 25 bn (officially) and unofficially higher than that by any amount of degrees. Essentially we can spend and waste any degree of money and it will still be alright. 

It's just kind of funny, that they just get really irritated. Like the nerdy little kid at school who snitches on everyone and gets his head shoved down the loos at school, they are left getting angry as the cool kid basically gets away with messing it up time and again.

•  

Apart from it all being unlikely, why would anyone be happy with a corrupt, revolting cunt like Usmanov using your club for money laundering?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

catcherintherye

•  

To avoid paying tax on 100 million Usmanov will transfer some of his money to Everton, who then transfer it to another company that belongs to Usmanov?

I'm just a former HMRC employee who worked extensively on legislation so clearly won't know as much about these kind of things as the average football fan but I'm kind of struggling to see how Usmanov avoiding tax by passing money through the club with them making no profit from it is beneficial to Everton. 

• Upvote 1

They just lap it up, week after week. If they are such a catch Usmanov can easily sell his Arsenal shares, pay for the stadium and wipe off all their debt can’t he?

Not enough in it for him unless he does use it as his personal laundrette, i’m Sure there are easier ways for this repulsive slug to do it. 

21 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

To avoid paying tax on 100 million Usmanov will transfer some of his money to Everton, who then transfer it to another company that belongs to Usmanov?

I'm just a former HMRC employee who worked extensively on legislation so clearly won't know as much about these kind of things as the average football fan but I'm kind of struggling to see how Usmanov avoiding tax by passing money through the club with them making no profit from it is beneficial to Everton. 

Quite a taxing job I'd assume. 

The calls for then to be investigated were always going to come. Having watched Chelsea and City get financially doped to hell I doubt the PL will do anything but it would be as funny as fuck if they actually did. 

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They just lap it up, week after week. If they are such a catch Usmanov can easily sell his Arsenal shares, pay for the stadium and wipe off all their debt can’t he?

Not enough in it for him unless he does use it as his personal laundrette, i’m Sure there are easier ways for this repulsive slug to do it. 

HE sold them a while ago.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-news-alisher-usmanov-confirms-sale-of-gunners-shares-to-stan-kroenke-a3905731.html

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Since 1996 they have been talking about a new stadium and almost a quarter of a century later nothing has happened other than hot air. Quite amazing stuff that puts them top of the 'We're going to build a new stadium but haven't yet' league.

2 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

catcherintherye

•  

"I spoke to one quite reasonable red...." 

I assume he has now been banned, shot and had pictures of him fucking a blow up Salah doll posted all over twitter for that? 

• Upvote 3