You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Corinthian FC. We might not win things like them lot, but they'd swap it all to have our class and dignity:

Disgruntledgoat

Disgruntledgoat

Player Valuation: £35m
I'm giggling myself silly at the absolute balls on Everton Football Club.

This is wordclass poophousing and snidery. We're the new city, but even shadier and I absolutely love it.
Player Thread

I dont understand why they are bothering with a new stadium. 

Everton barely fill Goodison and the corporate side is shite, which implies there is no great demand waiting to be satisfied. Arsenal and Spurs have spent loads on new stadiums and are hamstrung financially in terms of what they can spend but at least they will get the returns on their investment due to being based in the capital.

They should be doing what the 2 biggest clubs in the UK have done (us and United) develop the team, get some success then look at updating the existing stadium, a bit at time, trying to grow the commercial side naturally.

Saying all that, fuck em.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

As I understand it, money injected or costs towards a stadium build or renovation is discounted for UEFA's FFP or the PL's own club spending limits. Money advanced, gifted or given as an option to be first in the queue for the right to purchase naming rights, is not directly stadium build related.

This is an artificial injection of cash not tied to any share issue or ownership. Are we going to see hordes of clubs now get cash injections amounting to tens of millions of pounds based solely on the premise that the money given to them is only an option to be first in the queue for the right to buy stadium naming rights?

It is also truely bizarre that everton claim the option for the right to be first in the queue to purchase naming rights is a bigger one off payment than the so called annual income for the naming rights itself and, that the naming rights contract has already been signed! Why do you need an option if the naming rights contract is already agreed and signed?

Im only amazed neither city nor chelsea's owners saw this wheeze first!

The value of an option to buy something at market value is zero as, by definition you are only getting the right to buy something for what you would have had to pay for it in the first place. Having a right of first refusal may have some minor value but paying 30 million quid In this instance is just an attempt to get round FFP. And a pretty obvious one at that.

Does this dodgy 30m payment only get investigated if they qualify for Europe?

I also don't understand how this new stadium (if it ever happens) is a game changer for them. Is the idea that having it at the docks means a load of tourists are going to go watch Everton instead of shopping at Liverpool One? Aren't most of the tourists in Liverpool for the Beatles or Liverpool FC anyway? 

Good luck to them having a state of the art stadium. I think that basically means fuck all in terms of translating into actual success on the pitch. How many clubs in recent years have seen their fortunes be transformed through a new build? If anything it's the opposite effect. 

Also, why exactly do they think Liverpool supporters heads fall off over them getting any success? Those thick cunts, they aspire to be at the level we're already at for fucks sake. 

2 hours ago, A Red said:

I dont understand why they are bothering with a new stadium. 

Everton barely fill Goodison and the corporate side is shite, which implies there is no great demand waiting to be satisfied. Arsenal and Spurs have spent loads on new stadiums and are hamstrung financially in terms of what they can spend but at least they will get the returns on their investment due to being based in the capital.

They should be doing what the 2 biggest clubs in the UK have done (us and United) develop the team, get some success then look at updating the existing stadium, a bit at time, trying to grow the commercial side naturally.

Saying all that, fuck em.

Image result for quiet you!

• Upvote 1

On 13/01/2020 at 19:43, Walter Sobchak said:

So

There is a small storm brewing across the Atlantic with our Red Sox cousins. The Houston Astros have seen their Manager and General Manager banned for a whole year for something called Sign Stealing, which is the process of relying messages to the batter on the type of ball the pitcher will be throwing. Which in Baseball is illegal. Think that Major bloke using a bloke coughing in the audience to give him the answers in Who Wants to be a Millionaire, but in a sporting sense.

How does it affect the Red Sox? They have been accused of doing the same when they won the World Series in 2018.

I give it a week before the bloos find this all out for themselves and try and link us to this as part of their wider conspiracy.

”if John Heeennnriii can’t cheat in over there the red shite can cheat over here” 

Good call, Walter! You should have done a sweepstake to see which balloon on there would be first to pick up on it. My money would have been on Disgruntled GOT Goat. In this case it's that St Domingo lemon:

Saint DomingoRed Sox caught up in Baseball cheating scandal. Let’s hope there’s no whistles to blow anywhere in Anfield.

He fears for us. He really does.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Imagine what he thought when he heard that Z cars shit going off ?

He's got that look of a man who every day is discovering new hidden horrors and is wondering what the fuck was going on in his own head when he signed that contract.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Imagine what he thought when he heard that Z cars shit going off ?

He's got that look of a man who every day is discovering new hidden horrors and is wondering what the fuck was going on in his own head when he signed that contract.

Like the fella digging up Fred Wests garden. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Corinthian FC. We might not win things like them lot, but they'd swap it all to have our class and dignity:

Disgruntledgoat

Disgruntledgoat

Player Valuation: £35m
I'm giggling myself silly at the absolute balls on Everton Football Club.

This is wordclass poophousing and snidery. We're the new city, but even shadier and I absolutely love it.
Player Thread

Coventry City?