You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I know you probably won’t agree with me here but I think the unpleasant feeling between the two clubs has gone a bit too far now. 

We had a ton of extra police in for the derby. The fan park closed. A third party security firm literally lined Anfield Road. This is very unusual at Anfield. 
it wasn’t for the visit of a team of European ultras. It was because of other people from our (LFC’s and therefore your) City. Some of those will actually have left the same house as reds that afternoon. 

There is no point looking to blame one team or another. There’s no point looking for provocative articles to support a blame theory. They’re easy to find but they are on both sides And they just amplify and perpetuate the problem. 

Its not Everton’s fault there is a toxic and now dangerous relationship. It’s both our faults. I’d like to see a change. 

look for the good stuff. Amplify it. All of us. Red and blue. 

the best Recent example of the right way to behave was from Everton. 

It came from Ancelotti. The warmth with which he met Klopp after his teams defeat was great leadership. And we should follow it.

There is always gonna be some niggle and some dickheads but let’s make them the exception. 

this post went a bit preachy. No condescension was intended. 

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I know you probably won’t agree with me here but I think the unpleasant feeling between the two clubs has gone a bit too far now. 

We had a ton of extra police in for the derby. The fan park closed. A third party security firm literally lined Anfield Road. This is very unusual at Anfield. 
it wasn’t for the visit of a team of European ultras. It was because of other people from our (LFC’s and therefore your) City. Some of those will actually have left the same house as reds that afternoon. 

There is no point looking to blame one team or another. There’s no point looking for provocative articles to support a blame theory. They’re easy to find but they are on both sides And they just amplify and perpetuate the problem. 

Its not Everton’s fault there is a toxic and now dangerous relationship. It’s both our faults. I’d like to see a change. 

It came from Ancelotti. The warmth with which he met Klopp after his teams defeat was great leadership. And we should follow it.

There is always gonna be some niggle and some dickheads but let’s make them the exception. 

I wish it was back like it was in the 80s, but you're wrong if you think this is a two way street. Fuck Everton and their wall pushing antics. If you don't want nasty derbies, let's hope they're relegated this season and ancelotti can come and shake klopps hand as West ham manager or something. 

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke

When you see Videos of young lads acting all hard and chanting 'Murderers' and making wall pushing gestures, you kind of get the feeling that although the toxicity is not all one sided Everton are by far the main culprits towards it. 

Is it purely down to locals? or indeed the fact clubs have a wider fan base and that in itself brings trouble as a lot of fans can just fuck off back to where they live and carry on the toxicity from their keyboard. 

You get the feeling it will reach the point whereas a major incident will happen which won't do either club any favours. I don't think the club/managers can behave any differently than they already do, cunts are going to be cunts, especially in the times we live in at the moment. They say when the general feeling within a country is one of disapproval then it always makes it way to the terraces/seats at football. Passion can easily turn into violence, especially when large groups of humans are involved, it only takes one or two cunts to kick off. 

58 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I used to think the whole "bitters" thing was exaggerated until recently. Ive posted before of a lorry driver who has been visiting my yard at work for years- always polite, made small talk etc....until he saw me one morning drinking from a Liverpool mug.

The change in him was instant and slightly unnerving. Couldnt get his words out fast enough and just spewed bile. Which he now does every time we see each other. They get latched on to fantastical ideas that become fact in their minds- pre-season he was utterly convinced they were signing Diego Costa and was asking me to bet who would score more, Costa or any of our front 3. 

Im not from Liverpool (which he takes enormous delight in) but if he typifies the feeling and maniacal behavour of the majority of Everton fans in the City then its going to be a long road back to some semblance of normal behaviour.

I stress, before he saw that mug he seemed a decent enough guy 

13 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I used to think the whole "bitters" thing was exaggerated until recently. Ive posted before of a lorry driver who has been visiting my yard at work for years- always polite, made small talk etc....until he saw me one morning drinking from a Liverpool mug.

The change in him was instant and slightly unnerving. Couldnt get his words out fast enough and just spewed bile. Which he now does every time we see each other. They get latched on to fantastical ideas that become fact in their minds- pre-season he was utterly convinced they were signing Diego Costa and was asking me to bet who would score more, Costa or any of our front 3. 

Im not from Liverpool (which he takes enormous delight in) but if he typifies the feeling and maniacal behavour of the majority of Everton fans in the City then its going to be a long road back to some semblance of normal behaviour.

I stress, before he saw that mug he seemed a decent enough guy 

Everton and cups don't go together.

• Upvote 9

54 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I don't think the club/managers can behave any differently than they already do....

I think Everton (the club) have played on it to an extent which has fuelled it. They may not have intended it to worsen, but they have played on it.

The People’s Ckub;

Born blue, made red.

We go the game, it’s what we do;

T-shirts with Everton/Norwegian on under blue/red subbuteo players.

They knew exactly what audience They were playing to.

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think Everton (the club) have played on it to an extent which has fuelled it. They may not have intended it to worsen, but they have played on it.

The People’s Ckub;

Born blue, made red.

We go the game, it’s what we do;

T-shirts with Everton/Norwegian on under blue/red subbuteo players.

They knew exactly what audience They were playing to.

Oh I agree with that mate. Everton football club do a lot for the City and the people though and stand by our sides in our fight for Justice and against the scum. I think certain players don't help, certain managers have also fuelled the fires. Klopp is different though, I doubt he gives a fuck about Everton the club, Ancelotti will probably break the mould as far as Everton managers go. 

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

I agree with you 100%. As I posted earlier all my Bloo mates don't go to the Anfield derby's because of the toxic atmosphere and they condemn their own idiot fans as much as ours.  Personally Everton is not on my radar screen 99% of the time and I'm far more interested in what we are doing in the pitch. Exciting times . we should be ignoring most of the shit spouted by a minority of their fans. No better answer than winning a few trophies and blanking the rants.   

That  Steaua  Bucharest flag needs fucking off, it just antagonises them even more and gives them the fake outrage/moral high ground saying we laugh about Heysel. Of course this is done whilst singing songs about us being murders and wall pushers. 

I've seen it on a few coaches as well as at the match. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Oh I agree with that mate. Everton football club do a lot for the City and the people though and stand by our sides in our fight for Justice and against the scum. I think certain players don't help, certain managers have also fuelled the fires. Klopp is different though, I doubt he gives a fuck about Everton the club, Ancelotti will probably break the mould as far as Everton managers go. 

People said the same about Martinez. He ended up a fucking bellend like the rest of them. Evertonaianism is a fucking disease. 

59 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

That  Steaua  Bucharest flag needs fucking off, it just antagonises them even more and gives them the fake outrage/moral high ground saying we laugh about Heysel. Of course this is done whilst singing songs about us being murders and wall pushers. 

I've seen it on a few coaches as well as at the match. 

Damn right it needs fucking off. I genuinely don't know why anyone would bother to make it. If you're the type who wants to make a banner to gloat, we've more than enough to gloat over them without resorting to that... And to think that very season we beat them to a league & fa cup double and people are making banners about Bucharest.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

People said the same about Martinez. He ended up a fucking bellend like the rest of them. Evertonaianism is a fucking disease. 

Martinez was young and pliable, Ancelotti has always been laid back and friendly as a manager, he probably won't change all that because of Everton mate. I'm guessing he will regret going there once the fans turn on hin with their usual bile, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him walk if this happens, the money can't be a big thing for him and he'll walk straight into a cushy well paid job in the MLS or Chinese Super League. 

20 hours ago, Elite said:

I've never even heard of Hummel.

Well, the current owner is a billionaire in pound sterling. He pretty much changed the brand into kids clothes and made a fortune, they've slowly gotten back into sports again over the past few years. They went broke a couple of times back in the eighties, nineties. It cost the former Real Madrid player Henning Jensen all his money also cost Allan Simonsen a fair amount aswell. Other sports stars along the years have taken big hits also. But these days it's a money machine all the kids need to wear their shit. Pair of shoes pounds, jacket 100 pounds, rain clothes 100 pounds and so on, fucking bastards. Worst thing the quality is absolutely dogshit, as in real dogshit poor.

7 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

Well, the current owner is a billionaire in pound sterling. He pretty much changed the brand into kids clothes and made a fortune, they've slowly gotten back into sports again over the past few years. They went broke a couple of times back in the eighties, nineties. It cost the former Real Madrid player Henning Jensen all his money also cost Allan Simonsen a fair amount aswell. Other sports stars along the years have taken big hits also. But these days it's a money machine all the kids need to wear their shit. Pair of shoes pounds, jacket 100 pounds, rain clothes 100 pounds and so on, fucking bastards. Worst thing the quality is absolutely dogshit, as in real dogshit poor.

Perfect fit for the BS then.

1 hour ago, Johnlj said:

My local club signed up with  hummel a few years back ..designs were ok but shirts were tiny and they had real problems with volume orders ..Our kit launch was always late because they couldn't handle the volumes ( 4-5K ) and they were also pretty poor with non shirt merch

Amazing the different generations of blues.

Watched the game with a few other red mates, two red brothers and two blue brothers and some blue mates. The blues are aged from 45-75. Genuinely happy we beat Spurs and want us to win the league. Recognise they are a joke of a club but all remember when they were good. They were happy they beat brighton and just want to finish the season well.

Then my blue nephew and his mates walk in. Sound apart from talking about lfc. Peds,VAR, fa conspiracy bla bla bla. Not one mention about everton.

• Upvote 3