You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

9 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Are you trying to say Everton are a medium sized club? The Mersey millionaires? The school of science? Come one, they're leaders in world football and they're just haven't a little struggle due to their noisey neighbours. 

Genuinely I thought wall pushers was a Hillsborough reference. 

Yeh I am saying they are a medium sized club . Whilst we were never in quite a bad a position as them we were a hairs breadth from going bust and finding it impossible to keep our best players or recruit top talent. Getting Klopp was an unbelievable stroke of luck/ genius (call it whats you want) . Before him I never had any faith that the owners would put in enough investment to get us to the top of the greasy pole.  Everton have virtually no chance of repeating that.  As an aside I have plenty of Bloos as mates and they recognise that .None of them go to Derby's at Anfield because of the toxic atmosphere and all of them find the dragging up of Heysel 30 odd years down the line an embarrassment .We should step back and realise the majority of Evertonians don't post inflamatory shite on GOT or go go shouting the odds down Finch farm. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dave D said:

Honestly, the shit Ive put up with from her. Enoughs enough.

During our whole relationship she hasnt spoken to me once and openly sees another bloke. Its as if I dont exist. Im the fucking business me. She just cant see it. Her loss.

Has similarities to the Everton/Liverpool love affair I grant you

Cuck Satis Nisi Cuckoo Clock.

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Yeh I am saying they are a medium sized club . Whilst we were never in quite a bad a position as them we were a hairs breadth from going bust and finding it impossible to keep our best players or recruit top talent. Getting Klopp was an unbelievable stroke of luck/ genius (call it whats you want) . Before him I never had any faith that the owners would put in enough investment to get us to the top of the greasy pole.  Everton have virtually no chance of repeating that.  As an aside I have plenty of Bloos as mates and they recognise that .None of them go to Derby's at Anfield because of the toxic atmosphere and all of them find the dragging up of Heysel 30 odd years down the line an embarrassment .We should step back and realise the majority of Evertonians don't post inflamatory shite on GOT or go go shouting the odds down Finch farm. 

Rep for the back handed compliment to the BS.

"We were a gnats cock away from going bust but we were never in as bad a position as them"

20 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Here’s the article. 

In recent years, the so called ‘friendly derby’ has become anything but. The sight of Evertonians at Anfield last Sunday turning their backs on the pre-match rendition of ‘You’ll Never walk Alone’ was represented in the media as yet another example of the breakdown in relations between the respective sets of fans. 

everton-fans-at-anfield-1024x576.jpg

It’s become commonplace now, both before and after derbies, for articles to appear in the media exploring the increasingly poisonous atmosphere, lamenting the loss of the once ‘friendly’ tag. 

Whether this tag was ever completely accurate is open to debate. Those Blues of a more mature vintage can attest to the fact that there has never been much love-loss towards our neighbours. From the 1970s onwards, as Liverpool began to marry success on the pitch with a sneering contempt for Everton off it, relations began to sour. 

Sour, but arguably just about remain cordial. Until the 1990s, if not exactly ‘friendly’, the rivalry between the two clubs had an undercurrent of tolerance. The same could not be said about the rivalry today. 

A few of the articles written have highlighted the role that Heysel has played in this deterioration, many claiming that we Evertonians exaggerate its impact on our club. A recent piece by Tony Evans in the Independent summed this up, claiming that: 

‘Everton have been in decline since the 1980s and the after effects of Heysel contributed to that downturn in fortunes – but only to the smallest degree.’

Evertonians would obviously disagree. For Blues the UEFA ban has been a gripe for over 30 years. Far from contributing to the ‘smallest degree’ it has long been identified by many as the main reason why the club’s mid-1980s period of success proved short-lived and a significant contributory factor in Everton’s relative decline in the years that followed.

And there is certainly a case to support this. For Everton, the ban was a particular blow. The club would have qualified for European football in four of the five years that the prohibition was in force, and done so with some of the finest Everton sides to have ever graced Goodison Park; sides that won league titles, bristled with talent and which were packed with an array of Everton greats.  

Aside from missing out on the revenue aspects of participation (ticket sales, sponsorship, prize money) the absence of European football also meant that Everton suffered a talent drain.

And the most important loss was Kendall. Here, the ban was key. As he wrote in his autobiography, Only the Best is Good Enough:

‘Inevitably, one of the major reasons why I felt so drawn to the continent was the UEFA ban on the participation of English clubs in the European competitions, imposed in the wake of the Heysel Stadium tragedy. I missed those nights of European glory very much indeed.‘ 

Managers like Kendall are rare in the game, people who come along and transform clubs. Kendall awoke a sleeping giant, shouldering the pressure of the crowd and moulding something that even managed to threaten Liverpool’s dominance in English football. He was our Shankly, our Ferguson, our Wenger. 

"He was our Shankly, our Ferguson, our Wenger." I can't imagine those managers leaving to manage Athletic Bilbao. I think they should be looking more at Kendall rather than trying to put all the blame on Liverpool. Bellends.

6 minutes ago, kemskem said:

"He was our Shankly, our Ferguson, our Wenger." I can't imagine those managers leaving to manage Athletic Bilbao. I think they should be looking more at Kendall rather than trying to put all the blame on Liverpool. Bellends.

Kendall was back at Everton three years later. He was still only 44 years old.

45 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Just had a nose at the Hummel thread on GOT. More kids wear Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus trackies than Everton ones because those teams have boss players and win things. Everton have few, if any, household names and last won a trophy a quarter of a century ago.

Now I’m not one to give them any credit but some of the replies on that thread about shit brands (not marcel) are genuinely hilarious. 

Bottom line is everton fans cannot stomach the fact that their position as the 'senior' club in the city never mind as seen as such within the country, has been long been usurped by its younger one which has, gone on to grow and be far more successful by just about any measure you choose.

This, despite the 'younger' club having a few periods in it's history when it wasnt successful yet has more league titles, more European titles, won both domestic cups more times and now, has attained World Club Champions status.

Fuck 'em!

46 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Bottom line is everton fans cannot stomach the fact that their position as the 'senior' club in the city never mind as seen as such within the country, has been long been usurped by its younger one which has, gone on to grow and be far more successful by just about any measure you choose.

This, despite the 'younger' club having a few periods in it's history when it wasnt successful yet has more league titles, more European titles, won both domestic cups more times and now, has attained World Club Champions status.

Fuck 'em!

Yeah but you're forgetting that they had undersoil heating before we did.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Einch said:

And a cuckoo clock in the trophy cabinet.

Ah, the spirit of Everton ambition! I'm sure they've already been over to Anfield to ask if they can measure our shirts up. They will be sending the measurements to Hummel, to make sure they can fit the Club World Cup badge in between the Hummel logo and their stupid, midget tower badge.

Why isn't there endless car accidents at every junction with a set of traffic lights in liverpool? Bloo drivers should just shut their eyes and not look at the red light, or given "they don't care what the red lights say", they should just plough through. "Fuck off you red shite light" bang. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Anubis said:

Sunday’s 606. Listen from 1:02:15 onwards to Adrian the Ev fan. Crying laughing here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000d02f

As someone from Dagenham, his opening line is Liverpool fans are not from Liverpool unlike Evertonians and it went downhill from there. 

You would like to think he was a troll as you would hope no one could be that mad.