You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Guest Pistonbroke

Haunt them for years to come...

That sentence alone would have sufficed and sums their fan base up perfectly. As for the toxic relationship, well that is pretty one sided and fuelled by their own fans who believe they have the given right to challenge us by skipping past the building blocks of success by trying to climb straight to the top. It really is a shit article. 

9 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

What the fuck does it even mean?

I can't decipher what the stupid cunt is suggesting.

I think *heysel* he’s saying they *norwegians* should pick Watford *half and half scarf* to be their rivals because *heysel again* they’re more in their level and *wall pushers* the can’t possibly compete *booo* with us anymore and it *handball* makes him sad.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

I took it as though they need to start calling southampton and Norwich rivals as although they are not local they are at the same level.

There was something about us being smug pricks but I think he is being bitter about us being fucking awesome at the moment and the fact we are gonna win everything. 

Hes a quarter of the way there to understanding that they need to realign their expectations on the team and to stop comparing themselves to others. Hes 100% there on realising Everton are shit.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The Men of Walton Vale have besieged the fortress at the Farm of Finches, led by Lid the Mighty. After decades of abuse at the hands of Lord Kenwright of Luvvie they have finally decided to rebel. The threat from power of the neighbouring land, it’s Queen Ann of Field and her Red Legions has finally thrown them over the edge. They fear Kenwright may bolt under the pressure and leave them at the mercy of the Red army led by Jurg of the Black Forest. 

Coming in the next instalment. Kenwright sends Maester Brands to speak with Lid.

The gates at the Farm of Finches swung open and the Maester in all his pomp strolled out, with him his trusty guardian Sir Duncan otherwise known as the Pigeon. A huge man of mountainous rage. They spoke briefly with Lid and ushered him and a few trusted men through the gates to discuss the end of the siege.

After what seemed like an age of secret discussion the Lid and his men came back through the gates. The Lid’s Man at Arms, Tight Lips spoke to the crowd on behalf of a subdued Lid. “ We will continue to lay siege here men, we demanded to see Moshiri Lord of the Loan but he would not see us, we demanded hostages to lift the siege but none would come forward “ he spoke badly and seemed possesssed. 

With the Red Hordes closing in on victory time was short for Lid the Migthy, unless a saviour from a far lad could be sought. Off to the Golden Arsenal.

To continue.....

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

I see they're taking it well 

That seems to start off as a measured response before turning into yet another bitter rant featuring Heysel and Clive Thomas. Remember that after Heysel they'd only won the Cup Winners Cup,the worst of the then three European competitions and had never played anybody decent other than Bayern Munich. Utterly deluded.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

That seems to start off as a measured response before turning into yet another bitter rant featuring Heysel and Clive Thomas. Remember that after Heysel they'd only won the Cup Winners Cup,the worst of the then three European competitions and had never played anybody decent other than Bayern Munich. Utterly deluded.

This, 100%. When I started reading I was thinking it was nice to see a bitter who was not acting the knobhead but unfortunately he kept on typing and insanity, bitterness and hatred prevailed.

• Upvote 3

He correctly identifies the irrational, unhealthy obsession they have with us then runs through his version of all the reasons it's our fault before coming to the conclusion that it's time for them to finish with us.  

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

I think he's suggesting that Bloos take the rivalry far more seriously than is healthy, to the point of obsession and beyond  (no argument from me) but then he tries to blame that on us and our unique awfulness  - which sort of undermines his point. 

For all his Zen aspirations, come March he'll be a frothing loon - again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RobbieOR said:

I see they're taking it well 

I dont know if that 'piece' copies through to my post but it is a funny read. Yet again it highlights the undercurrents of the parochial mindset of the bluenose hordes. They yearn for their club to be recognised not just within England, Europe and beyond, yet refuse to allow the mere thought of wider appeal be a reality.

Yes, you possibly could relocate Liverpool FC to another location and in some respects, things wouldnt change. The same can be said of Real, Barcelona, the two Milan clubs, Juve, maybe even celtic and rangers. Guess what? That's what world wide appeal gets you and having a parochial outlook doesnt.

If everton fans truely want their club to remain a small fish in the football ocean, that's fair enough. But stop banging on about Liverpool and other clubs being the cetaceous giants in the same ocean because they have 'evolved' and you havent.

Fucking eejits.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I head that yesterday. TBH, I don't blame them for trying to do something but trying to claim it had nothing to do with the derby result is just wrong. If they didn't lose on Sunday, then Finch Farm doesn't get visited yesterday.

... except to strew flowers on the road the players drive in on.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

If everton fans truely want their club to remain a small fish in the football ocean, that's fair enough. But stop banging on about Liverpool and other clubs being the cetaceous giants in the same ocean because they have 'evolved' and you havent.

Fucking eejits.

Everton are evil Plankton

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What a fucking bullshit holier than thou piece of shit writing that is and we get labelled "always the victims". The boos the fucking boo hoos. Theyre shite by their own making, it's their fault it's no else's. 

I was fine with it until the bit about Anfield. No. There isn't a stick left of the Anfield they left. There are surely only fragments left of Shankly's Anfield. Yet it remains all of the above, the sum of all its history. It's a lesson they should learn in their deluded belief that a swanky new pad will make them great. Instead, they look at Liverpool's success and come to exactly the wrong conclusion. Locked in a destructive cycle of their own bitterness.

• Upvote 4

If Everton as a club stop gauging everything they do through the prism of whatever we are doing, they might actually gain a sense of perspective, recognise the problems that are in-house, and look to tackle those problems. The trouble is, their ownership regime and certain managers have merely sought to reinforce their skewed perspective to the point where they don't even know that there are other perspectives out there - ones that will actually be tangibly beneficial to the club. They can't live without that readymade excuse for failure.

• Upvote 3

Setting aside the fact you can’t just choose to stop playing certain fixtures (careful what you wish for, the Championship says hi), “Let’s stop considering it a rivalry” is yet another notch taken in on the same old belt...impotent desperation to get one over LFC. 

We can’t beat them on the pitch, how do we score a moral victory? I know, affect disinterest in them because they’re not the same club since money and business irrevocably changed football. Don’t remember those folksy principles when Moshiri arrived with his platinum card and Messi was going to be firing balls into our net from their flying spaceship of a new ground. 

The hangover will be absolutely mortal when they eventually wake up.

• Upvote 7

"Take a minute and think about all the characteristics that you loathe in a football fan. I’m no mind reader but I bet the ‘qualities’ such as smugness, a sense of entitlement and a lack of perspective will feature. What’s being described here is the archetypical Kopite, Kopite-erectus.

Humourless, thin-skinned, braying, obnoxious, self-righteous, smug, arrogant, they are unique in their awfulness."

Here's a mirror. Hold it in front of you. Look into it. Now repeat these phrases soundbites:

Everton, aren't we! (not even a question)

Sleeping giant.

Back where we belong at the top.

Moral high-ground.

Wall-pushers.

The Old Lady.

Merderers.

Always the victims.

Senior club in the city.

Slap the money on the table.

• Upvote 5