You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

20200107_233257.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

This is poetry.

6. Ok, so what is 'Everton'?

Everton is one of the oldest and most historic clubs in England. They have been in the top division a record 116 seasons. They have won the FA Cup five times and the First Division nine times. They have basically been amongst the best teams in the country since their inception. And yet... Everton is also a state of being. An intense flux between brief moments of hope and endless chasms of despair. Everton is that feeling you get when you wash your jeans with a twenty in the pocket. It's the feeling of your umbrella blowing inside out. Or a seagull nicking your chips on the pier, not even to eat them, just to drop them in the sea. It's the constant, relentless woe of everyday life encapsulated within the to and fro of a football team.

Everton is running for a bus in the rain, having it drive off just as you get to the door and then watching helplessly as a small boy gives you the finger through the window.

That is what being Everton is, but every single day of every single year. Forever

Oh, the beauty of the autopsy on their performance on GOT. Watching some of them struggle to have to ‘big up’ our fringe players and kids just to excuse their failings is hilarious, considering they’d normally dismissing them as shit who wouldn’t get near their team.

• Upvote 1

@_pauljoyce
Director of football Marcel Brands held a meeting with angry Everton fans who turned up at the training ground on Monday to confront players in aftermath of Liverpool defeat. 

“They asked security to bring the players out and, when that request was refused, it was suggested that more fans could be mobilised to turn up at the training complex and stage a blockade, highlighting the toxic nature of the fall-out from the humiliating loss.”

I’m trying to eat my lunch but I can’t chew as my grin is far too wide. Oh that and the lidocaine.

Screenshot-2020-01-08-at-12-43-39.png

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

They will continue to fail if they use us as a yardstick. They have to look into their own club and sort themselves out before they can improve. If they stay as deluded as they are currently then down is the only way.

Let's hope they stay deluded then. 

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They need to rebuild from scratch, bad times ahead I think.

When are their losses to be reported?

I'm sure I read they were to be published on the 7th Jan, but clearly that isn't true. Their AGM according to Google is Tuesday, so I'm guessing it has to be then by the latest.