You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

13 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

A thing on bt sports just now. Kevin Ratcliffe with a horrifically tanned Ian Rush. Ratcliffe: "The thing with us is that we never really recovered from Hysel." Are you fucking kidding me you cunt? And Rushie why didn't you knock his fucking face off for that? Fuck you Ratcliffe and fuck you everton. 

When he says never recovered, does he mean they never recovered 2 years later when they won the league? This idea that heysel fucked them and only them is just fucking mental. They went on to win it in 87 with a side that appeared as good as the 85 team. Just another bloo blaming us instead of looking at themselves. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, derykw said:

If I was in town and heading to Anfield I'd just go the bus stop where all the other reds were waiting.

and it's curious that in these tales the Oot's always seem to find a blue to ask for directions rather than one of the their fellow reds, what with them all being decked out in Liverworlds finest.

Or follow the rest of them to the buses by St George's Hall or ask one of the LFC stewards at Lime street that they take loads of snide photos of, ask the reception staff at their hotel or get a taxi or use the internet before they travel.

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

When he says never recovered, does he mean they never recovered 2 years later when they won the league? This idea that heysel fucked them and only them is just fucking mental. They went on to win it in 87 with a side that appeared as good as the 85 team. Just another bloo blaming us instead of looking at themselves. 

They all just buy into it because it covers two things:

It's a reason to hate Liverpool

It's an excuse to mask how shit they've been since 1987.

I cant wait for the posts of "our 1985 team would wipe the floor with this current Liverpool side"

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ha, ha, ha. On GOT they’ve started a special thread for people wanting to ‘defend’ Liverpool. If you won’t buy into the conspiracy you are being told you have to post in it. Current victim is Kieran who had the temerity to point out that we have the third highest number of injuries in the league and that we’ve regularly rested players. Wonderful. 

I think Big_duncs_fod has pushed them over the edge. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Everton were bigger than the League in those days.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They all just buy into it because it covers two things:

It's a reason to hate Liverpool

It's an excuse to mask how shit they've been since 1987.

I cant wait for the posts of "our 1985 team would wipe the floor with this current Liverpool side"

I checked this out and the only decent players they lost, were Gary Stevens, a right back (who was allegedly banging his teammates wife) after they won the league in 87 and Trevor Steven who left them in 89, 4 years after the event. 

Linekar was signed after the ban was in force and was sold for 3 x his purchase price a year later after being top scorer in the World Cup and they won the league again the year after he left. 

They fucked up throwing big money on absolute shite to try and keep up with us the summer after we signed Beardsley and Barnes and employed a succession of terrible managers ever since. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Or follow the rest of them to the buses by St George's Hall or ask one of the LFC stewards at Lime street that they take loads of snide photos of, ask the reception staff at their hotel or get a taxi or use the internet before they travel.

Stop being so sensible!

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Ha, ha, ha. On GOT they’ve started a special thread for people wanting to ‘defend’ Liverpool. If you won’t buy into the conspiracy you are being told you have to post in it. Current victim is Kieran who had the temerity to point out that we have the third highest number of injuries in the league and that we’ve regularly rested players. Wonderful. 

Kieran, earlier today.

5453811C-1FD2-43F8-A9C4-A1F94F67E7A9.gif

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Milner wasn't wearing long sleeves last night, the track marks must have healed up, unless he's injecting himself in the bollocks.

The only place you could inject steroids in your arms is basically the muscle in your upper arm/deltoid which is covered by short sleeves anyway. I don't think they know that you can't inject steroids like you can heroin, or something like that.  

You'd think they'd want to make their conspiracy theories a smidge believable or at the very least logically coherent but they're really just trying to find any theory without even thinking about it.

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The only place you could inject steroids in your arms is basically the muscle in your upper arm/deltoid which is covered by short sleeves anyway. I don't think they know that you can't inject steroids like you can heroin, or something like that.  

You'd think they'd want to make their conspiracy theories a smidge believable or at the very least logically coherent but they're really just trying to find any theory without even thinking about it.

That last paragraph shows you haven’t met many Evertonians, logic and believability are not noted traits of the Lesser Spotted Blue Balloon.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Milner wasn't wearing long sleeves last night, the track marks must have healed up, unless he's injecting himself in the bollocks.

That's because he wasn't supposed to play and just fucked up. 

18 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The object is not for the rumours to be factually correct. Their aim is for them to be repeated loudly and repeatedly so to undermine anything we do. If they sound mad, that's ok, so do Boris Johnson and Donald trump and everyone buys into their mad shit. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I checked this out and the only decent players they lost, were Gary Stevens, a right back (who was allegedly banging his teammates wife) after they won the league in 87 and Trevor Steven who left them in 89, 4 years after the event. 

Linekar was signed after the ban was in force and was sold for 3 x his purchase price a year later after being top scorer in the World Cup and they won the league again the year after he left. 

They fucked up throwing big money on absolute shite to try and keep up with us the summer after we signed Beardsley and Barnes and employed a succession of terrible managers ever since. 

I’d say their transfer business in the six years following Heysel had more to do with their downfall. I mean how many of this lot were a success? Five or six at most. 

A1C8BABC-F6E0-4BF4-AEF6-C218228F615E.png

1FC72D02-193A-4834-9D53-BD3C170C1329.png

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I’d say their transfer business in the six years following Heysel had more to do with their downfall. I mean how many of this lot were a success? Five or six at most. 

A1C8BABC-F6E0-4BF4-AEF6-C218228F615E.png

1FC72D02-193A-4834-9D53-BD3C170C1329.png

Fun fact: Alec Chamberlain was signed as a back-up goalkeeper by both Everton and Liverpool, and never played a single game for either.