You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Guest Pistonbroke
15 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Might meet him in my sisters she has a Klopp shrine complete with candles. Weirdo.

Last week I was on this faceaids Forces flea bay thing where you can pick up some right bargains from the daft squaddies. This bloke was advertising a load of laminated signed photos of Liverpool players/teams so I got in contact with him so I could get them for the lads as part of their pressie haul. Sorted out a price which was 1€ a photo (cheap as fuck) got his address and went to pick them up in the car. He was an ex squaddie and lived in a right posh area in a huge house. Took me down to his basement bar and I was greeted by an Aladins cave experience of a shrine to the fucking Mancs! (he was sound though, probably 50ish) The basement bar was huge, built in posh circular bar thing surrounded by stools, pool table etc...a shit load of fitted glass vitrines to the walls with signed shirts etc and imitation trophies of Big Ears and the league trophy, every wall just covered in other stuff. It was quite impressive to be honest but way OTT for my liking. Apparently he did a load of Charity work whilst serving and had a load of stuff over from those days and was selling the stuff he didn't need/want to keep and was giving the money to some forces charity. Declined his offer to take photos, took mine, gave him an extra 20 notes for the charity and fucked off sharpish. 

22 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

So why wouldn’t that happen? Seriously - what’s the evidence to say that it will never happen? We can’t KNOW that, can we?

Because a football club's income, expenditure and where the money comes from has to be accounted for in their annual accounts and open to public scrutiny. While some may query the level of accountability, it's not as easy as handing over suitcases full of money.

Someone like that Swiss Rambler who does financial breakdowns of club finances would soon spot a massive surplus of cash or spending by a club that wasnt in tune with the accounts or financial position of the club.

Big transactions and movement of money has to be reported and monitored by the banks and Bank of England. It's hard enough transferring about 20 grand when selling your car never mind trying to sneak hundreds of millions unnoticed into a football club, especially one with ambitions to build a new stadium.

Mr Moshiri is the UBO (Ultimate Beneficial Owner) of Blue Heaven Holdings Limited.

The Isle of Man records also show that Mr Moshiri has granted charges over the assets of Blue Heaven Holdings that guarantee that the three sellers will receive payment for their remaining shares, should he exercise his option to buy. In effect, these documents reveal that the deal to transfer more shares to Mr Moshiri has already been lined up, with details, such as the price to be paid, already agreed.

Nevertheless, the Blue Heaven Holdings documents filed at the Isle of Man registry do not specify how many shares are covered by the separate option agreement. Instead this and other matters are set out in a separate, private agreement that is not on the public record but the ECHO understands that it covers all of the outstanding shares currently in the ownership of the three sellers.

I suppose where he gets his money from could be hidden within BHH Ltd, or at least between himself and BHH Ltd. FFP is a toothless animal and even more useless when it comes to a team that has very little chance of qualifying for Europe any time soon. Even the Premiership variant of FFP is shite. 

40 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Because a football club's income, expenditure and where the money comes from has to be accounted for in their annual accounts and open to public scrutiny. While some may query the level of accountability, it's not as easy as handing over suitcases full of money.

Someone like that Swiss Rambler who does financial breakdowns of club finances would soon spot a massive surplus of cash or spending by a club that wasnt in tune with the accounts or financial position of the club.

Big transactions and movement of money has to be reported and monitored by the banks and Bank of England. It's hard enough transferring about 20 grand when selling your car never mind trying to sneak hundreds of millions unnoticed into a football club, especially one with ambitions to build a new stadium.

Interesting - thank you - supplementary question....why do the Bloo Noses keep banging on about it? Hope, delusion, both?

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

I thought the loan from the Council was a non-starter after the treasury hiked the interest rate from 1.8% to 2.8%?

I don't think they've said that. They haven't said where they're going to get the money and last I heard from chippy tits was something like "we will help on any way we can"

32 minutes ago, @@@@@@ said:

Mr Moshiri is the UBO (Ultimate Beneficial Owner) of Blue Heaven Holdings Limited.

The Isle of Man records also show that Mr Moshiri has granted charges over the assets of Blue Heaven Holdings that guarantee that the three sellers will receive payment for their remaining shares, should he exercise his option to buy. In effect, these documents reveal that the deal to transfer more shares to Mr Moshiri has already been lined up, with details, such as the price to be paid, already agreed.

Nevertheless, the Blue Heaven Holdings documents filed at the Isle of Man registry do not specify how many shares are covered by the separate option agreement. Instead this and other matters are set out in a separate, private agreement that is not on the public record but the ECHO understands that it covers all of the outstanding shares currently in the ownership of the three sellers.

I suppose where he gets his money from could be hidden within BHH Ltd, or at least between himself and BHH Ltd. FFP is a toothless animal and even more useless when it comes to a team that has very little chance of qualifying for Europe any time soon. Even the Premiership variant of FFP is shite. 

Yeah, but didn't that panorama thing show it's quite likely that moshiri is not really wealthy in his own right and any money he has is as a gift from uzmanov or something?

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Here's the thing though, if it's to be a benefit for the city, it needs people from round the world to give a shit about them not just wales and I don't think that will happen. They don't give a shit about City and it would seem unlikely Everton will match them in football terms. I don't think they will fill a 52k ground. They fill theirs today because half their adults are still going on kids tickets, but to pay for that ground ticket prices will not just have to go up, they'll not sell them all as kids tickets. They're just not an attraction. There's more chance of them bankrupting the city by failing to pay for the council loan than there is of them being a tourist hit. If they get their money from private investors, sound, maybe they'll come good and the city will benefit. However, it would seem unlikely a private investor would loan them £500m for a stadium when Newcastle can't find an investor for their entire club at £300m. I'm fucked if my city should be put at risk some Iranians vanity project. 

I thought the Council loan was very much off the table

It would be very unwise and I can't believe it would get through any sort of due diligence

If it does happen then it puts an entirely different perspective on things

8 minutes ago, mattyq said:

I thought the Council loan was very much off the table

It would be very unwise and I can't believe it would get through any sort of due diligence

If it does happen then it puts an entirely different perspective on things

I understood nothing had been ruled out, but I might have missed that. I knew there was something as @Anubis mentioned about interest rates going up, but I didn't think that had delivered an outcome, just made.life harder for Everton. 

it’s funny how they’ve gone from being rich to their owner saying they haven’t got the financial base.

We don't have the financial base, but the fans expectations are huge. I think this mismatch somehow needs to be resolved.

And the managing of expectations begins, it’s mid table mediocrity for you lot. You know like the last three decades. 

"Everton is a very difficult job, because you are two home losses from being disowned by the fans,"

He’s basically calling them deluded, have their heads starting falling off yet? 

Merry Xmas Everton. 

2 hours ago, Le Duan said:

Interesting - thank you - supplementary question....why do the Bloo Noses keep banging on about it? Hope, delusion, both?

For most of them, both I guess. I mean what's the alternative? It's also one of the few, if only, crumbs they can cling to and throw back at us like school kids in an argument. The 'yeah, well our owner is going to build us a big shiny stadium and, and, and...........' etc.

28 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

For most of them, both I guess. I mean what's the alternative? It's also one of the few, if only, crumbs they can cling to and throw back at us like school kids in an argument. The 'yeah, well our owner is going to build us a big shiny stadium and, and, and...........' etc.

They really are the biggest spoiled brats aren’t they? Seeing their infinitely bigger, better and brighter brother doing so well corrodes their inners. Good!